• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Anyone ever gotten and installed one of these?
    If so, which options did you go with for the Hammer and Hammer Spring?
    How much fitting was required or did parts go in like they were made for your gun?
    Picked up a new 92X GR Centurion and while it's got a good trigger, I'd love for it to have a GREAT trigger, and all the reviews I've read and seen says this is a night and day improvement. My dad sent both of our old 92FS's off to Wilson Combat years back for polishing and trigger work, and it made a good improvement, but if I can do this at home for similar or potentially better results, I'm all for it.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Anyone ever gotten and installed one of these?
    If so, which options did you go with for the Hammer and Hammer Spring?
    How much fitting was required or did parts go in like they were made for your gun?
    Picked up a new 92X GR Centurion and while it's got a good trigger, I'd love for it to have a GREAT trigger, and all the reviews I've read and seen says this is a night and day improvement. My dad sent both of our old 92FS's off to Wilson Combat years back for polishing and trigger work, and it made a good improvement, but if I can do this at home for similar or potentially better results, I'm all for it.

I didn't get the whole kit - kinda went my own way for my 92X and pieced it out with the stuff I wanted (partially because a lot of Beretta stuff was out of stock everywhere at the time I did my gun).

Got the Langdon trigger bar and 13# hammer spring, plus their 12.5# recoil spring and a Wilson Combat trigger. Put in a factory Beretta skeletonized hammer. Did a G conversion on it as well (that's an adventure), but the trigger stuff was a breeze, no fitting required.

Changed the feel of the gun completely. Langdon's stuff is no joke - I wouldn't hesitate to buy this.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I didn't get the whole kit - kinda went my own way for my 92X and pieced it out with the stuff I wanted (partially because a lot of Beretta stuff was out of stock everywhere at the time I did my gun).

Got the Langdon trigger bar and 13# hammer spring, plus their 12.5# recoil spring and a Wilson Combat trigger. Put in a factory Beretta skeletonized hammer. Did a G conversion on it as well (that's an adventure), but the trigger stuff was a breeze, no fitting required.

Changed the feel of the gun completely. Langdon's stuff is no joke - I wouldn't hesitate to buy this.
    Mine's already the G model, so won't have to worry about that part. Glad you had a good experience though and the trigger portion of things went smoothly. As soon as I scrape together a little more cheddar, I'll be ordering the parts, along with some new grip screws (the gold screws are just tacky, though I love the dark wood grips.

Did you go with the Black or the NP3 coating on the trigger bar?

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes, I have done 3 of them the same time I converted them all to "G" decocker only as well.

I went with the Elite Hammer and 14# springs on all of them, but also bought a 13# spring as well. No fitting was required on my Berettas.

Having some customers gunsmith done pistols, the TJIAB is an exceptional value and not at all hard to install. You could easily convince someone that a Beretta with a TJIAB was a custom gunsmith job like Wilson or someone else. It's really that good.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mine's already the G model, so won't have to worry about that part. Glad you had a good experience though and the trigger portion of things went smoothly. As soon as I scrape together a little more cheddar, I'll be ordering the parts, along with some new grip screws (the gold screws are just tacky, though I love the dark wood grips.

Did you go with the Black or the NP3 coating on the trigger bar?

I went with the black one - I was gonna go two tone with the NP3 stuff but it was all OOS at the time.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I just wonder if there's any functional benefit of the np3 coated trigger bar over the black finish. Without going to an Inox barrel, the two tone wouldn't really look right without doing the trigger, hammer, etc.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I just wonder if there's any functional benefit of the np3 coated trigger bar over the black finish. Without going to an Inox barrel, the two tone wouldn't really look right without doing the trigger, hammer, etc.

NP3 is very slick, but the black bar is fine / plenty slick on its own. You nailed it - it'd look weird without doing the rest of the parts as well.

Top Bottom