LadySeed, a Project Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship course for females only. OCT 29 & 30

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orion

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to let folks know we will be teaching a LadySeed Event at Escambia River Gun Club on October 29 & 30, 2022. A LadySeed is a full Appleseed event in which all participants are female. It has just been added to their schedule and the Appleseed schedule.

If you don't know what an Appleseed is, I'll give a brief description. It is a two day clinic that teaches rifle marksmanship, a part of our American heritage. The course is taught for folks who have not shot a rifle before up to experts just wanting to try to improve their shooting. Some of the things you will learn or learn better are the standing, sitting/kneeling and prone position using a sling. Also on the menu are things like the 4 Safety Rules, Six Steps to Making a Rifle Safe, Six Steps to Firing a Shot, Natural Point of Aim and sighting in methods using MOA. The techniques taught are straight out of the USMC manual. It is family friendly, bring your kids! During breaks we will talk about our American Patriots and the steps they took on April 19, 1775 - the day The Shot That Was Heard Around the World happened.

You can expect professional instruction, often with a ratio of 2 students per instructor or better. You can expect to shoot - a lot - around 500 rounds for the weekend. The rifle of choice is the Ruger 10-22, but any semi-automatic will do fine. You can use almost any rifle you want, but when we get into the timed events you will be at a disadvantage without a semi-auto. The shooting is done at 25 meters. The targets are scaled "D" targets for 100, 200, 300 and 400 yards.

If this sounds like fun, it is! For more info go to https://appleseedinfo.org/. Some pricing info: $75 for the course and $15 range fee. Feel free to ask me questions.

Orion

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was informed today that the NRA Foundation will provide FREE ammunition for this event! The event flier is attached.

Attachments

• Free.pdf
      141.7 KB · Views: 101
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom