• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I like the keltec for the fold up small storage capability while still having better ballistics than my pistol due to 16” barrel. While I agree an ar9 platform would be better ergos and easier to add sights. I think if I were to have to carry/store a full size ar9 with 16” barrel (ie. a full size rifle) it might as well be in a rifle caliber. I think the sub 2000 fills an in between role. Its better than a pistol but not as good as a rifle.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I like the keltec for the fold up small storage capability while still having better ballistics than my pistol due to 16” barrel. While I agree an ar9 platform would be better ergos and easier to add sights. I think if I were to have to carry/store a full size ar9 with 16” barrel (ie. a full size rifle) it might as well be in a rifle caliber. I think the sub 2000 fills an in between role. Its better than a pistol but not as good as a rifle.
    I see Frank's point, but the sub is way lighter than any ar9.(16 inch) I love lightweight. Also it folds....in half... Judging by the ballistics, the 9mm carbine is no slouch.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    What I ended up figuring was it is easier and cheaper to buy an AR9 carbine that you really want rather than adding pricey and gimmicky parts to an inherently poorly laid out weapon
    The Sub2000 is not poorly laid out IF you're trying to maintain pistol muscle memory with the same mag reload position and the same mag release. I got to be fast with mine. The only things different are the charger and the stock. Have all of our pistols mag wells and mag releases been poorly laid out this whole time? Wow, I never noticed :) I bet we can get a commercial size AR stock notched to slip over and work with a Sub2000 bolt charger

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I see Frank's point, but the sub is way lighter than any ar9.(16 inch) I love lightweight. Also it folds....in half... Judging by the ballistics, the 9mm carbine is no slouch.
    My LEO gunsmith/armorer buddy said that the LEO's he worked with got away from using 9mm carbines and went to 223 AR carbines because the 9mm PENETRATED MORE than 223, and not just the FMJ either, but the polymer tipped stuff, too. He said, not me.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    My LEO gunsmith/armorer buddy said that the LEO's he worked with got away from using 9mm carbines and went to 223 AR carbines because the 9mm PENETRATED MORE than 223, and not just the FMJ either, but the polymer tipped stuff, too. He said, not me.
    I could believe that, high speed does odd things.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The Sub2000 is not poorly laid out IF you're trying to maintain pistol muscle memory with the same mag reload position and the same mag release. I got to be fast with mine. The only things different are the charger and the stock. Have all of our pistols mag wells and mag releases been poorly laid out this whole time? Wow, I never noticed :) I bet we can get a commercial size AR stock notched to slip over and work with a Sub2000 bolt charger
    Yep, and I shoot left, so very few ambi options our there. Work around it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Want to get a vfg, what about this?? Figured it would blend in well with the space rifle look of it and provide a carry handle.

Attachments

• hera-74336.jpg
      hera-74336.jpg
      67.8 KB · Views: 73
    Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    James....you're going to have so much money tied up in that Sub2000 you could have bought one of these, a Ruger PC Charger pistol. Yea, the brace is probably going to cost me a $200.00 tax stamp, but so totally worth it. 9mm, takes Glock magazines of all flavors. It takes down also.

Attachments

• IMG_9693.jpeg
      IMG_9693.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 94

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    James....you're going to have so much money tied up in that Sub2000 you could have bought one of these, a Ruger PC Charger pistol. Yea, the brace is probably going to cost me a $200.00 tax stamp, but so totally worth it. 9mm, takes Glock magazines of all flavors. It takes down also.
    Maybe so, but it's fun to tinker around with a platform. I had the carbine, too damm heavy. Worked great though.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Maybe so, but it's fun to tinker around with a platform. I had the carbine, too damm heavy. Worked great though.
    It is heavy. Pretty much all metal. The brace really helps though. If push comes to shove I'll have no problem SBRing this one. It's a keeper for sure. I have two registered SBR's already, so one more is no big deal.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Want to get a vfg, what about this?? Figured it would blend in well with the space rifle look of it and provide a carry handle.
    Wish somebody would make a FDE forward grip/bipod combo. Maybe they do and I just haven't seen it yet. I really liked my surplus grip/bipod on my Sub2000's. Put it in about the same spot as an AR magwell and it was very well balanced. Felt a little like a black plastic Tommy gun. I found pictures of one of mine from when I sold it here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210617-010441_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210617-010441_Chrome.jpg
      447.6 KB · Views: 69
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I read were those Rugers were having problems with the Glock mag adapters bending and malfunctioning under fast forceful seating of the Glock magazine. I like Ruger and I own Ruger products now, dont get me wrong, but I would not stake my life on a Ruger PCC using Glock mags

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I read were those Rugers were having problems with the Glock mag adapters bending and malfunctioning under fast forceful seating of the Glock magazine. I like Ruger and I own Ruger products now, dont get me wrong, but I would not stake my life on a Ruger PCC using Glock mags
    How did the Ruger adapter manage?
    It's sandwiched in the receiver good. I mean it's a plastic part, anything can happen. But Glock frames are also plastic. Just about everything is.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mine has not given me any problems at all. I watched the one negative video where the guy ran it suppressed with a .45acp can, not a 9mm can, didn't clean it, and complained because it had FTE's. He ran it so dirty that he had trouble getting the barrel off and then complained that the gun had FTE's. Mine has been 100% reliable.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Wish somebody would make a FDE forward grip/bipod combo. Maybe they do and I just haven't seen it yet. I really liked my surplus grip/bipod on my Sub2000's. Put it in about the same spot as an AR magwell and it was very well balanced. Felt a little like a black plastic Tommy gun. I found pictures of one of mine from when I sold it here
    I like those fvg. They are handy sometimes. Can't beat instant bipod.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've got a folding one and the bipod one (black) I'll try both and see. Before I get a sand colored one. I have one of the Swiss types on my CMR30 and really like it.

Top Bottom