• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The 20" for me. Have shot both in 308. IMO more recoiĺ than anticipated. "SURPRISEING". Tons of vibration. Feels like a shouldered brick block.
    Love the BASIC ergonomics.
    Nowhere near the accuracy anticipated for a /in a 308. WITH 1-6X at 100yds and four different factory loads - - -> 3MOA WAS BEST THREE OF US COULD DO.
    PASS FOR ME. ---- SAWMAN
    Tavor,AUG,WOULD BE MY FIRST PICS.
    I'm guessing the 308 has gas adjust, did ya try adjusting it to see if it eased up? Also reading, these get loose rails sometimes. Recoil on the .223 should be light. Never shot one yet.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    James, I've owned a number of KT's over the years including a Gen 1 and Gen 2 Sub 2000 and a lot of their pistols. I don't have and KT's now. KT's are ok for what they are, but I agree with the ones who are indirectly suggesting to just spend a little more and get a better quality gun. The Sub 2000 would be ok if it just wasn't so brutal to shoot, IMHO, lol. Have fun with them though, that's what its all about.
    I put the buffer in the sub2000, not brutal at all, now. TJ just ordered one and will give us a report I'll bet.
    It's just for fun, this won't do anything the Su16c won't do or the myriad of AR's in the pile. Except for my actual hunting firearms the rest are t-o-y-z to tinker and play with. Just looking and having fun.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I will say the trigger is great. Better than any bullpup i own or have shot. And better than some conventional rifles i have shot. And is why i wanted to try the 20", hoping to get max accuracy. The balance is awesome. And even with the 20" barrel, it is the same length as my 10.5" AR.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I put the buffer in the sub2000, not brutal at all, now. TJ just ordered one and will give us a report I'll bet.
    It's just for fun, this won't do anything the Su16c won't do or the myriad of AR's in the pile. Except for my actual hunting firearms the rest are t-o-y-z to tinker and play with. Just looking and having fun.
    Those SU16s look like fun. Never seen one in stock, maybe I should start looking? I believe those are gas too.
    The sub doesn't kick hard but the Missouri tactical stock pad helps. I got it on Amazon a while back. Slips on and stays, not like some of the newer versions that bolt on. Easy mod.
    It does kick harder than my ar9(foxtrot upper, Glock lower, pdw brace). The real smooth shooter is my PTR 9k. Fun to shoot. Put a hundred rounds through it and it's not a workout. It does leave a little gas in your face. Doesn't blow it at you but you get a whiff at indoor range.
    I have never shot a bullpup. Don't know anyone with one. Horrible triggers is all I ever hear. I think James remembers me asking him about that bushmaster bullpup they was on the forum 6 months or so ago. Owner never got back with me. Kind of glad. That model is supposed to have the worst trigger of them all.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Those SU16s look like fun. Never seen one in stock, maybe I should start looking? I believe those are gas too.
    The sub doesn't kick hard but the Missouri tactical stock pad helps. I got it on Amazon a while back. Slips on and stays, not like some of the newer versions that bolt on. Easy mod.
    It does kick harder than my ar9(foxtrot upper, Glock lower, pdw brace). The real smooth shooter is my PTR 9k. Fun to shoot. Put a hundred rounds through it and it's not a workout. It does leave a little gas in your face. Doesn't blow it at you but you get a whiff at indoor range.
    I have never shot a bullpup. Don't know anyone with one. Horrible triggers is all I ever hear. I think James remembers me asking him about that bushmaster bullpup they was on the forum 6 months or so ago. Owner never got back with me. Kind of glad. That model is supposed to have the worst trigger of them all.
    The su16 uses both aspects of the m16(bolt) and the AK (piston) It's also 4.6 lbs with a 16 inch barrel. The C also shoots folded. I like it.

Attachments

• 20210318_142643.jpg
      20210318_142643.jpg
      3.5 MB · Views: 76

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Yep. Broken firing pin.
    Can't wait to test.

Now, when i manipulate the bolt and firing pin, I can see the pin poking through the bolt face.
    KIMG0957.JPG

Last edited:

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sorry sir.
    Length of bbl has nothing to do with accuracy.
    In fact,shorter (STIFFER) could possibly be MORE accurate. --- SAWMAN
    I'm going to put your theory to test this fall.

Which is "Better" ?

A 10.5" AR pistol or a 20" Bullpup (5.56)
    I think I'll start a new thread about it.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    NOTE - -> The mechanics of the bullpup design makes them inherently INACCURATE
    SHOW ME ANY BULLPUP THAT WILL SHOOT >3.0-4.0MOA. ---- SAWMAN
    I think they said they might have fix the poor accuracy thing, but… you’re still looking at a 2-3 moa tops on the iwi x95. I’ll take a non-bullpup any day of the week.

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to break it to you Sawman but the RDB I had would easily shoot 2 moa with 55 gr ball, and a little better with 68-69 match ammo.
    My Steyr AUG Nato with a 1 x 6 Vortex will shoot 1moa with multiple loads. These are from prone or bench with sandbags

Top Bottom