• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yep just buy mags for what you got. I'd buy mags before modifying a receiver to take a different mag, any day of the week. I faced that debate with my first AK, a $250 new Saiga that only took proprietary 10 round mags. The aftermarket fixed that, but that special made 30 round mag was priced at $50 a piece when regular steel commie AK mags were selling like new for only $10, buy 5 or 6 and get the surplus pouch for free. So I learned my lesson and sold that Saiga rifle. No way was I buying $500 in 10 mags when I could pay $500 and get 50 regular AK mags

You should have converted it - few minutes in the shop installing a bullet guide and you could have run those cheap steels. Bummer, that's a $1.8k (ish) rifle now.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    You should have converted it - few minutes in the shop installing a bullet guide and you could have run those cheap steels. Bummer, that's a $1.8k (ish) rifle now.
    Yes sir! Made sense at the time. No one knows the future. I wished I'd kept quite a few $300-$400 rifles that are now $1500-$2000. And every one of my $100 Mosins, $150 SKS's and $100 Makarovs. I shot the piss out of them and sold them down the river because I'm not a collector. Just having a good time. Sold a few $1500 FN49's 10 years ago too, and a $1500 FAL back then, that are still $1500, just unobtainium. Ranger Firearms got my Luxembourg FN49, and I'd give my left arm to get it back

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I ended up selling off the ks47 and now just using the ak5.45 sparingly due to ammo availability. I still love it though.

Top Bottom