• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone have a KimberUltra Carry II, or one of the variations? I am thinking about getting on, and wanted to get some reviews from people on the forum.
    Thanks

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had many kimbers.None are still here.Alot of people like them because of the custom features or so they can say they have one.Perhaps I have been unlucky with them,but have had feed issues with most,the aluminum framed carrys seemed like you didnt have a 1911 in your hands because of the weight and were "snappy" when they did fire.Maybee I am a traditionalist with my 1911's but for the price I see better value in others.I just cant say I ever felt them to be as reliable as others,and for a carry I want to know it goes bang every time.Especially if the price is what Kimber demands.Tis was especially true for the newer models,It seems like with most thingd in life they just dont make them like they once did.Then again thats me,I will take a Colt series 70 or prior any day for the coin,even Para.I have also heard nothing but good about sig,but have yet to take the plunge.I am sure there will be someone who says I am limpwristing it,as the gan boys of gun mfgs always do when you put their guns down...I doubt it after the ammount of them I have owned.....And sold off

shag 1911

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have two of them and have never had 1 problem with feed .They eat anything i give them.I build all my shooters and carry a kimberultra carry 2. ps love it. If you want to shoot mine im in navarre a few times a month.It did have a problem when my wife shot it. hint hint limp wrist lol

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I carried a Kimber Ultra Carry CDP II for many years. I love the 3" bbl'ed guns. The gun was light(25ozs IIRC) and accurate. Make sure to check out the extra features of the CDP option. It had a deeply checkered front strap which I feel is a must for a combat 1911. Also all the edges were contoured which made it great for a quick presentation.

I would also recommend that you NOT get a model with an external extractor. There were problems with these models and tons of them had to be returned to the factory. If you get a Kimber they have to be given a proper break in period. I bought my gun new and it was super tight. I did a complete F&B on the gun then put 100 or so rds thru it before it started to loosen up.

I also found the Kimber mags as delivered were crap. I quickly changed out the spring and follower to the Wilson Combat brand. Then I added a small extended mag base pad. I also would not recommend any mag used in any 1911 that fits completely flush with the mag well.

All in all,I would say a 3 inch or a 4 inch Kimber is a great choice for a EDC weapon. ESPECIALLY with the CDP option. --- SAWMAN

Giortire

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the opinions. It is interesting the different thoughts you get on Kimber. I own several 1911 platforms and love them. I don't use them as a EDC, but do use them as bedside gun, and love to shoot them at the range.

I appreciate the offer Shag, but have already shot one, which got me thinking about buying one.

Originally I thought about buying an XDS, or waiting for the new Kahr CM45, but really have the itch for a new 1911, and never having owned a Kimber, thinking hard about it.

Mike

EWstallion

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love mine. The slide to frame fit is tight with no wobble. I kind of wish I opted for the ultra plus though. I just like the look with the checkering and the bob tail.

Top Bottom