• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've got a load of 36 and 40gr in various brands. Mostly federal and cci. I don't have too much subsonic, but about to start hoarding it too

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Well that was a feature I really liked. Looking at a tanner mount now that's for sale. Holds a Romeo zero. They worried their Tupperware isn't up to holding the weight of an optic or other reasons?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Well that was a feature I really liked. Looking at a tanner mount now that's for sale. Holds a Romeo zero. They worried their Tupperware isn't up to holding the weight of an optic or other reasons?
    Cycling with the extra slide weight is my guess. Reliability. It could be done, lighter spring or super hot ammo. But then you have all the extra mass banging back and forth.
    Also shines a light on 9mm etc that must all be under sprung to run the optics. Ie. Glocks and others.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Cycling with the extra slide weight is my guess. Reliability. It could be done, lighter spring or super hot ammo. But then you have all the extra mass banging back and forth.
    Also shines a light on 9mm etc that must all be under sprung to run the optics. Ie. Glocks and others.
    Millions out there that run optics without issue. I've never seen optics manufacturers or firearm companies mentioning to change parts if you run optics. I can kind of see it on a 22. Light, lighter weight parts, less blowback. You'd think it could handle a couple ounces. I'll have to keep my ears and eyes open on this one.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Millions out there that run optics without issue. I've never seen optics manufacturers or firearm companies mentioning to change parts if you run optics. I can kind of see it on a 22. Light, lighter weight parts, less blowback. You'd think it could handle a couple ounces. I'll have to keep my ears and eyes open on this one.
    Yep, just proves all the centerfire guns are way under sprung. I'm sure this is to make them run with all ammo types. I'm going to order a 45 commander spring set and play with my llama when I get home. #20 - #24 and see.
    * anybody that's shot a sub2k can vouch for the amount of zing, the 9mm has in a blow back action.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Red dots on .22 slides are always skating on misfeed, stovepipe. The ones where the optics are independent from the slide like a browning buckmark are great.
    Yep! It's also not slinging the optic back and forth like a slide hammer. Im willing to bet the failure rate on slide mounted optics is high.
    If I want to use it on the P17 will probably have to use one of those ugly over the top rail things. Bleh.

Attachments

• 20211026_151610.jpg
      20211026_151610.jpg
      614.3 KB · Views: 54
    Top Bottom