• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Took a newly purchased KSG out to the range and it cycled a couple boxes of low recoil buck, low recoil slugs, 3" turkey shells, and low brass bird shot just fine.
    My only complaint is loading the tubes is pretty difficult, you need some momentum when shoving a shell or your finger will hit a wall (that almost lifted the nail off my thumb). And loading is strange, loading shells with the gun in the shoulder is very difficult but luckily with 15 2-3/4" shells I don't think you'd need to top the gun off too much. What works best for me right now is holding the gun upside down with my weak hand at an angle and loading 2 at a time.
    The tube selector can be stiff and difficult to use occasionally but I think it'll break in with more use.
    I like the cross bolt safety, which I thought I'd hate at first but it works well and is easily indexed.
    Holy cow does the gun like to beat you up if you'll let it, as the range trip reached the tail end I started slacking with my technique and the gun let me know by beating on my collar bone. A good push pull technique alleviates the problem but if you let it the gun will smack you and I've got a nice bruise from the turkey shells.

The rotating foregrip (Mid Evil RFG) installed on the gun is novel but it moves over time under pressure and I ended up with my fingers getting pinched between the foregrip and flashlight, a standard foregrip would likely be a better choice.

The Romeo 7 has been pleasant so far and the qd mount hasn't been an issue.

All in all I like the KSG but it definitely takes some getting used to, I haven't encountered any of the reliability issues I've read so much about but again I've got less than 100 shells through the gun right now.

If I could change anything on the gun I'd make the tubes easier to feed (potentially related to the plastic followers) and I'll be adding a limb saver soon.

Attachments

• Resized_20210724_094728~3.jpeg
      Resized_20210724_094728~3.jpeg
      354.6 KB · Views: 154

Members online

Top Bottom