• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbone427

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone ever had any experience or suggestions for the purchase of a Kel-Tech KSG. I had the opportunity to fire off a few slugs out of one this past weekend and I fell in love with this gun. Granted, right now I have to work to make a living, but I will start saving for my KSG fund and I will have one soon enough. Does anybody have any reviews or opinions about this weapon? I would rather hear from local people than some b.s. That can be found on the internet. Thanks GCGF.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would like to know what you thought of the recoil in regards to a regular shotgun. shooting slugs in a mossberg 500 gives me a headache.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a friend that has sent back his KSG 3 times for warranty repair.... the 1st trip it was not touched..
    the 2nd trip it was upgraded in area's that was not failing !!!
    3rd trip, its better, but not completely perfect as one would expect from a hotrod 1k$ scattergun.

but I have heard many good things about them. kinda like my p3at that has never FTF with over 750-800rds thru her.

I guess it depends on how you maintain your equipment.:sleep:

tbone427

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The recoil on the KSG wasn't that bad with the slugs....I haven't put slugs through my Mossberg 500 yet, but I will soon enough.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a huge fan of my KSG. It is a pretty neat gun, but at least with my particular example if you don't work the action pretty hard you will short stroke it and it won't drop the next shell. I think that if I disassembled it and did some polishing on those parts it may improve the action, I just haven't messed with it. You can cycle the action and it feels like a complete stroke, but there is just a little extra at the end that activates the lever to drop the shell. Also, it is not facial hair friendly... Before I shoot it again, I am going to invest in one of those kydex cheek rests to keep my mangy beard safe :D.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I added the kydex cheek cover to my KSG. Well worth the relatively high price from KT. I also added a vertical grip/weapon light to the slide which helped ensure a complete stroke.

What I really like about the gun is that mine reliably functions with the Aguila mini-shells - the combo #1/#4 buck & mini slugs. I haven't tried the birdshot yet but they should work as well.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I added the kydex cheek cover to my KSG. Well worth the relatively high price from KT. I also added a vertical grip/weapon light to the slide which helped ensure a complete stroke.

What I really like about the gun is that mine reliably functions with the Aguila mini-shells - the combo #1/#4 buck & mini slugs. I haven't tried the birdshot yet but they should work as well.

I figured that cover would be a good buy, just haven't ordered one yet.

I also put a MOE vfg on mine with a surefire x300 mounted just in front of it, it did help. Just shooting it and cycling it has improved what was initially a pretty rough last 1/4" of travel to get the shell released, it will probably smooth out even more with time. It just isn't what I am accustomed to in a pump shotgun, feels like a crude design when you rack it.

With those mini shells, that sucker will hold a hell of a lot of firepower!

Top Bottom