DK Firearms

KCI or SGM extended magazines for the G21??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vincec

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ah, the addiction of budget mags. I know that feeling all too well. LOL

I Never owned any KCI so can't speak to that brand. Had two 30 round SGM mags that I bought right after I got my PCC. Had mixed results. Ran both of them pretty hard in local competitions and had no problems for a while. Then started to get double feeds from one of them on a full mag. Guess the feed lips got weak and could not hold back the spring pressure of a full mag anymore. Threw that one away. Still have the other one and it is ok still, but I don't trust it for competition anymore. Just use it as a range mag.

After that experience, you would think I had learned my lesson? Of course not. Not that long ago I was on this forum asking opinions about ETS mags. I just can't help myself. But, based on that feedback I did not buy any ETS mags either and have stayed with factory Glock mags.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    They might be hard to find but Kriss Vector 45ACP Glock compatible magazines would be a good choice.

vincec

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yea, to my knowledge, Glock does not make extended mags for 45 so your options are limited. I have seen the Kriss extensions but have not tried them. Although I do run Hyve extensions and Taran Tactical extensions just not in 45.

If you decide on budget aftermarket mags I think you can expect they will work out of the box. They would not stay in business if their mags did not work at all. But you get what you pay for and they may not last like a factory mag. If you can get a Kriss extension in 45 I would consider trying one. With an extension, you at least keep the top of the mag original and minimize the chance for mag induced failures..

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    They might be hard to find and their not cheap but Kriss Vector makes 45ACP Glock compatible magazines for their weapons in addition to G21 extension kits. It woulld seem to me a weapons builder would not offer magazines that didn't work in what they make. https://store.kriss-usa.com/kriss-mag-ex2-kit/

1622470714119.png

Capacities
    9mm40 rounds
    10mm33 rounds
    .45ACP30 rounds
    Compatibility
    9mm KitG17 17rd
    10mm KitG20/G40 15rd
    .45ACP KitG21 13rd

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Yep, saw that, out of stock
    I included the Kriss Vector web site as a frame of reference and to show what they look like in the event you were not aware of their existence. Others suppliers like Midway or Brownells or others may offer them as well. If you don't find them on Vector's site you may find them elsewhere maybe even eBay.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    $59..... NOPE!! They make a kit for g21 mags, $29. Plus your mag.
    I thought your inquiry was to learn of or get an opinion on magazines that would work. U-Tube is full of videos of folks that bought aftermarket magazines that didn't work at all or not for very long. Many of them express regret for buying an item not much less expensive than OEM and tossing it or not using it because of failure to function. Since Vector makes weapons and magazines I consider them an OEM product. IMO Pardon me if I got it wrong.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I thought your inquiry was to learn of or get an opinion on magazines that would work. U-Tube is full of videos of folks that bought aftermarket magazines that didn't work at all or not for very long. Many of them express regret for buying an item not much less expensive than OEM and tossing it or not using it because of failure to function. Since Vector makes weapons and magazines I consider them an OEM product. IMO Pardon me if I got it wrong.
    No, not at all. Upon further reading about the kriss mags, they are factory glock mags with the add on pieces.

Top Bottom