• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedyJones

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can anyone recommend a K licensed Instructor in the Pensacola/Ft Walton area?

I need to renew my G license and the gentleman that qualified me originally has retired.

Any help appreciated!

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Google scepter security.
    Look up Mike the owner.

Also after seeing how the instructor market and everything has been of late my paperwork is in progress.

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I actually went through this process and got my K license if you end up needing requals. Live over in pace.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I actually went through this process and got my K license if you end up needing requals. Live over in pace.

Congrats on the license, I gave mine up a couple years ago.

There were some G-Licensed involved shootings in south FL several years ago. During the shooting investigations, it was discovered that some K licensed individuals were fudging training records to facilitate fraudulent G licenses.

As a result, K license holders were subject to short-notice FTF inspections by the state. After my second inspection in less than a year I said screw it, not worth the hassle.

I never fell into a large group training opportunity in order to make holding the classes worth my time, maybe you can do better. Not worth it to me to do re-certifications piecemeal. Then there was this one time the G license contractors at the courthouse expected free re-certs...

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Congrats on the license, I gave mine up a couple years ago.

There were some G-Licensed involved shootings in south FL several years ago. During the shooting investigations, it was discovered that some K licensed individuals were fudging training records to facilitate fraudulent G licenses.

As a result, K license holders were subject to short-notice FTF inspections by the state. After my second inspection in less than a year I said screw it, not worth the hassle.

I never fell into a large group training opportunity in order to make holding the classes worth my time, maybe you can do better. Not worth it to me to do re-certifications piecemeal. Then there was this one time the G license contractors at the courthouse expected free re-certs...

I work with one company doing security and have fairly good network already of other officers in other company's so that will help.
    Big reason I did this was due to a certain k instructor who'd been passing down info that was outright wrong.

I actually remember my d license instructor down in tampa telling us about that. Needless to say and I quote him, " I don't like any of yall enough to catch charges for".

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I work with one company doing security and have fairly good network already of other officers in other company's so that will help.
    Big reason I did this was due to a certain k instructor who'd been passing down info that was outright wrong.

I actually remember my d license instructor down in tampa telling us about that. Needless to say and I quote him, " I don't like any of yall enough to catch charges for".

After spending two years training "Guardians" (G-License Guards from a local company) for the School Resource Officer positions, of which we no longer use thank God, I prefer not to have my name associated with the mess. Those personnel were an odd-lot of individuals and several couldn't even pass the qualification course so IMO their G-License qualification to begin with is highly suspect to me.

But I'm sure SOMEWHERE out there are some squared away G-License holders, we have a Deputy and pretty good SWAT operator who defended a bar crowd during a shooting where he killed both suspects. He even has his own body camera footage from the incident.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    After spending two years training "Guardians" (G-License Guards from a local company) for the School Resource Officer positions, of which we no longer use thank God, I prefer not to have my name associated with the mess. Those personnel were an odd-lot of individuals and several couldn't even pass the qualification course so IMO their G-License qualification to begin with is highly suspect to me.

But I'm sure SOMEWHERE out there are some squared away G-License holders, we have a Deputy and pretty good SWAT operator who defended a bar crowd during a shooting where he killed both suspects. He even has his own body camera footage from the incident.

I think I know the company your referencing. Out in tallahasee they still hold the contract but different branch thankfully.
    Good portion of the guys/gals I work with prior COs, and vets. Sadly, I've helped get some who couldn't hack it out of the company.

I know ECSD went in house but still required d and g licenses and them sent you through a program run by the sheriff's office.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Thanks I have gleaned more from this thread than when I went to the schoolhouse in Panama City. Everyone had a different idea on what was needed for the K!

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Thanks I have gleaned more from this thread than when I went to the schoolhouse in Panama City. Everyone had a different idea on what was needed for the K!

How the reg is written currently - either le firearm instructor certificate, nra le instructor school (they issue out the private security firearms instructor cert to meet Fl messed up standards, which I'm actually in the process of disputing with PiRSec council) or mil catm within the last three years before application.

The nra le school was good learning opportunity, 8 of the 21 people there were swat officers from different parts of LA and one from Broward county SO .

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Ran my first pair of officers through their requals and realized some of the instructors are still using the old bigger targets

Top Bottom