• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was looking without success for maps of all of the forts in that area to include not only US, but british, spanish, and any thing that the french did.
    I never thought about it, but they must have really put in some good foundations for the parts of Fort Pickens that are still standing.
    Those forts were also mined for bricks for many years. There were brick kilns and clay mining on some parts of the bluffs off of scenic highway in pensacola.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Absolute power brings out the worse in most people, mans inhumanity to man never ceases to amaze me.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Our own masonry forts on the islands in the intercoastal waterway didnt last long either in the grand scheme of things. There's one that was completely ghosted in less than 100 years. I remember as a kid paddling a canoe over it and looking at the bricks underwater. Cant remember the name... opposite of Fort Pickens
    Fort McRee

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bullshit. I can and I just did :). They are allies, and they did something bad and it doesn't matter how long ago they did it. The Chinese dont care how long ago they did it either. Both of those cultures think in thousand year dynasties not 4 year election cycles. The Japanese and whoever stands with the Japanese are going to get their ass stomped by the Chinese navy (the largest navy in the world) and by the Chinese army (allied with the other large armies on their continent: Russia and N.Korea) and no amount of US carrier groups combined with any other allied carrier groups will come close to even half of what just China has for land based forces and air power, nevermind China's allies land based armies and air forces. Japan is done for and so are the Philippines, Vietnam, S. Korea and Australia. South Korea will fall on the first day before lunch, by the way. They literally have hundreds if not well over a thousand loaded long range field artillery pieces pointed at their capital. China didnt just build airfields off the coast of every one of our allies in the South China Sea for nothing. China saw what we did in our island hopping campaign and they have made sure we'll never be able to do that again. All of our allies in China's shadow should be written off in the first five minutes of open hostilities, especially if we really are worried about saving lives rather than power money and resources.
    You can but it's still incorrect, repeat it ad nauseam won't change the facts. It's derogatory toward the U.S to infer that Japan was our Ally during the Nanking or other atrocities. That's my issue with your assertion. Your trying to pin yesterday's tail on todays donkey. By equivalency of your skewed representation: people in the US. must pay reparations to decendents of slaves because: "people alive today (like Allies) are responsible for what dead people (not allies at the time of the events) did in the past. Better add a hell of a lot of Native American Reparations to that. How about lawful gun owners (Allies) should be punished for the actions of criminal (non Allies) gun use? These are the exact ways the left/dems blame and assign adverse responsibility where none exists. Your Pacific Theater theory has no bearing on the non-US ally status of Japan in 1937.

There is no doubt of the lingering, deep animosity held against Japan. Attaching "our Allies" to the 1937 time frame presents cannnotations of government relationships that did not exist at that time. Japan and Germany were enemies in WWI. Japan, Germany and Italy were Axis Allies in WWII. Japan and Germany signed a Pact in 1936, Italy joined in 1937, Hungary and Romania in 1941.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    You can but it's still incorrect, repeat it ad nauseam won't change the facts. It's derogatory toward the U.S to infer that Japan was our Ally during the Nanking or other atrocities. That's my issue with your assertion. Your trying to pin yesterday's tail on todays donkey. By equivalency of your skewed representation: people in the US. must pay reparations to decendents of slaves because: "people alive today (like Allies) are responsible for what dead people (not allies at the time of the events) did in the past. Better add a hell of a lot of Native American Reparations to that. How about lawful gun owners (Allies) should be punished for the actions of criminal (non Allies) gun use? These are the exact ways the left/dems blame and assign adverse responsibility where none exists. Your Pacific Theater theory has no bearing on the non-US ally status of Japan in 1937.

There is no doubt of the lingering, deep animosity held against Japan. Attaching "our Allies" to the 1937 time frame presents cannnotations of government relationships that did not exist at that time. Japan and Germany were enemies in WWI. Japan, Germany and Italy were Axis Allies in WWII. Japan and Germany signed a Pact in 1936, Italy joined in 1937, Hungary and Romania in 1941.
    You either never read my post or you dont care. So, one more time... I'm not "trying to pin the tail on any donkey". China is. For what Japan did a long time ago (yes, before any of us were born, much less allied). China doesn't care how long ago Japan did these things to China. China doesn't care about how Americans "feel" about it. You can try to apply the American left wing reparations logic to it all you want, but we're not talking about Americans or American politics or American logic. Modern day China will break it off in Japan's ass for Japanese crimes against China, there's no "statute of limitations", and should any of Japan' allies try to help Japan when the reckoning comes, China doesn't mix words or try to play politics. China will absolutely kill anybody who tries to stop them.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Raven:

#27 wildrider666 said:
    ".......... It's derogatory toward the U.S to infer that Japan was our Ally during the Nanking or other atrocities. That's my issue with your assertion. ...."

The U.S. nuked (past tense) Imperial Japan, not "our Ally": the Contemporary State of Japan. Japan has ugly baggage but that is not the our burden. Your "what our allies did": identifying a relationship; then atrocities: is insulting "responsibility/guilt by association". Use of "what Japan did" would have been correct; " what our allies did" serves your distinctly different intended meaning to take a swipe at the U.S. and that's why I addressed it. Your deflection to all Asia hates Japan only adds fuel to the allied relationship fire your feeding. The Post Occupation Treaty of mutual cooperation and secuity between the U.S. and Japan (1952) tied us to Japan. It's the reason our Bases are still there 70 years later.

I've broken it down more than necessary, made my point. Done with this.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Raven:

#27 wildrider666 said:
    ".......... It's derogatory toward the U.S to infer that Japan was our Ally during the Nanking or other atrocities. That's my issue with your assertion. ...."

The U.S. nuked (past tense) Imperial Japan, not "our Ally": the Contemporary State of Japan. Japan has ugly baggage but that is not the our burden. Your "what our allies did": identifying a relationship; then atrocities: is insulting "responsibility/guilt by association". Use of "what Japan did" would have been correct; " what our allies did" serves your distinctly different intended meaning to take a swipe at the U.S. and that's why I addressed it. Your deflection to all Asia hates Japan only adds fuel to the allied relationship fire your feeding. The Post Occupation Treaty of mutual cooperation and secuity between the U.S. and Japan (1952) tied us to Japan. It's the reason our Bases are still there 70 years later.

I've broken it down more than necessary, made my point. Done with this.
    Its ugly baggage and it most certainly is our burden as long as we're sticking up for them. Your patience is commendable

Members online

Top Bottom