• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • directdrive8

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a Glock 17C that smoke stacks every 3rd shot or so. Doesn't seem to matter what type or brand of ammo I use. I called Glock service and spoke to a rep there. He said I was likely using too light a grip on the gun but that it could be the recoil spring. Well, I got the spring, replaced the old with the new, tightened my grip and presto, got more jams just like before. A couple of friends have also shot the pistol with same results. All of us are veteran shooters. Other than getting rid of the pistol for something else, does anyone have a relevant suggestion about what is going wrong and how to fix it. I bought the pistol for my wife but she has trouble chambering rounds as the slide is too strong for her so I adopted it as my own and got a little .380 Walther PPK for her. The only thing I can think of is that the compensated barrel might be to blame. Thanks.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just had a gen 4 27 stove pipe about every few rounds consistently and they fixed it for me a part changed but not spring. I can get a pic of part and email it to ya. I don't know name.Looked at it and part # was 1882.im sure not same part number on yours but maybe can cross to get a basic name.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    When I hear that someone is having problems with a Glock,the first advice that I give is return everything back to the OEM parts and see how it works then. You can usually figure out the problem using the process of elemination. Are you using OEM Glock mags ??

Glock told you "too light a grip" huh ?? That's weird. With the slide cutouts of the "C" the slide speed will be somewhat faster. I'm wondering what weight spring it has in it ?? Was this weapon new to you ?? --- SAWMAN

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Any glock jamming problems I have ever had are due to aftermarket springs and such, If you have aftermarket springs ect. in it I would return it to the factory setup and see how it works.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Once again limp wristing does/ should not exist in anything that your life depends on. If it really is a factor then sue the shit out of the gun manufacture period... I hope and pray they say mine failed because of a limp wrist...

directdrive8

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I'll return the pistol to Glock and let them try it out and fix what's wrong. If it can't be fixed, maybe they'll send me a new one. I agree with Mullet Hunter about the limp wrist or soft grip. It shouldn't make a damn bit of difference how the gun is held IMHO. It should always fire when needed and never, ever jam up.

Top Bottom