• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey guys im new here, I live in northern florida and just got my ccw so I celebrated by buying an uzi pro pistol with a brace. The brace sucks and i want to find a wire folding stock so I can SBR it but no one has them in stock. Magazines are nowhere to be found either. I really like the UZI pro and have it set up with a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot and my form 1 9mm b-cell silencer. Anyone have any leads on stocks or mags? Any one else have an UZI PRO?

Attachments

• uzipro.jpg
      uzipro.jpg
      324.3 KB · Views: 319

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I wish you luck in your search! About a month ago I was just about to pick one of these up but could not find mags anywhere. The only ones I found were on G-Broker for 100-150 a pop. I think I read regular uzi mags can function if a new catch is cut in, yet I don't read a lot of that happening. As for the stock, I dont think IWI imported any of the actual stocks because I dont think many Uzi Pro machine guns were really bought here.

Which is unfortunate! I think the Uzi Pro is absolutely a modern classic and a really neat lil gun. If it weren't for the mag availablity I'd have been all over one.
    Would love to see any updates if you are able to find mags or a stock. G-Broker will probably be your best bet for both.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish you luck in your search! About a month ago I was just about to pick one of these up but could not find mags anywhere. The only ones I found were on G-Broker for 100-150 a pop. I think I read regular uzi mags can function if a new catch is cut in, yet I don't read a lot of that happening. As for the stock, I dont think IWI imported any of the actual stocks because I dont think many Uzi Pro machine guns were really bought here.

Which is unfortunate! I think the Uzi Pro is absolutely a modern classic and a really neat lil gun. If it weren't for the mag availablity I'd have been all over one.
    Would love to see any updates if you are able to find mags or a stock. G-Broker will probably be your best bet for both.
    I should have done more research before buying but I was at a recent gun show and couldn't pass it up. GB sucks and I really don't wanna pay $100 for a 25rd mag. I hope IWI brings some in soon.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    You might want to try grabbing an OG Uzi mag and trying to cut a new catch into it. I'll keep an eye out for the posting I saw that discussed it. Since OG Uzi mags dont cost too much, it's not like a lot is wasted in experimenting at least.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Have you tried a blade brace on it yet? That would reduce the bulkiness a whole lot.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I seriously considered one of these Uzi Pro's at Gulf Coast Guns last year. I rented the Stribog at the indoor range on 29 about the same time and that experience changed my mind completely. A non-reciprocating left side charging handle on an actual rifle and Glock mags are the only way to go for me. Yeah, its heavier, but there's no tax stamps or brace masquerading as a stock. With that 16" barrel the 9mm is getting 357 Magnum style muzzle velocities, also. And of course, 30+ round 9mm Glock mags are freaking everywhere. I've owned a half dozen other makes, models and calibers PCC's and this receiver set up is my second like this, but the first one was an SBR in 45 that I got at Jay's Guns. I'm really liking it a whole lot better as a 9mm full length rifle with the higher mag capacity and like triple the rail space

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I guess what I'm trying to say is (and not knowing your background or training or what you might already have, its difficult to say this... so I apologize) try renting or borrowing as many other PCC designs as you can, before investing any more money into something like the Uzi Pro that you aren't really satisfied with and certainly before getting a tax stamp. And dont get any other PCC unless it takes Glock mags or else you'll always be short on mags and maybe even short on mags at the worst possible time, like when you're pinned down behind cover, on empty and hollering for ammo, and somebody throws you a mag that now you have to unload bullet by bullet and then reload into your mag, bullet by bullet... assuming you kept up with your empty mags along the way in the first place, of course. So... unless all of your neighbors, friends and family bought Uzi Pro's too, you're already neck deep in a possibly fatal decision, because guaranteed almost everybody else you know already bought 9mm Glock mags. I have been there and done this a half a dozen times and learned my lesson and I wont ever own another PCC in anything other than 9mm using Glock mags ever again

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I should have done more research before buying but I was at a recent gun show and couldn't pass it up. GB sucks and I really don't wanna pay $100 for a 25rd mag. I hope IWI brings some in soon.
    Get it while you can because every hi cap mag no matter the caliber or weapon system is about to be well over $100 if the Boss on the Hill wont keep his mouth shut about Executive Orders. Just remember to do the math first, that you could take that $60 per mag savings and buy 300% more Glock 30 rounders than Uzi Pro mags for the same amount of money, or use that savings to get away from the Uzi altogether

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seriously considered one of these Uzi Pro's at Gulf Coast Guns last year. I rented the Stribog at the indoor range on 29 about the same time and that experience changed my mind completely. A non-reciprocating left side charging handle on an actual rifle and Glock mags are the only way to go for me. Yeah, its heavier, but there's no tax stamps or brace masquerading as a stock. With that 16" barrel the 9mm is getting 357 Magnum style muzzle velocities, also. And of course, 30+ round 9mm Glock mags are freaking everywhere. I've owned a half dozen other makes, models and calibers PCC's and this receiver set up is my second like this, but the first one was an SBR in 45 that I got at Jay's Guns. I'm really liking it a whole lot better as a 9mm full length rifle with the higher mag capacity and like triple the rail space
    wtf i got my uzi pro from jay's guns!!! I've done a ton of business with him. His prices have gone up lately but i've had some great trades and deals with him. 16in barrel and 9mm doesnt blend well with me, im going for compact and high capacity. A scorpion evo 3 s1 braced pistol is the biggest i'll go for a pcc. Only thing I want a 16in barrel on are my 5.56/7.62x39.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess what I'm trying to say is (and not knowing your background or training or what you might already have, its difficult to say this... so I apologize) try renting or borrowing as many other PCC designs as you can, before investing any more money into something like the Uzi Pro that you aren't really satisfied with and certainly before getting a tax stamp. And dont get any other PCC unless it takes Glock mags or else you'll always be short on mags and maybe even short on mags at the worst possible time, like when you're pinned down behind cover, on empty and hollering for ammo, and somebody throws you a mag that now you have to unload bullet by bullet and then reload into your mag, bullet by bullet... assuming you kept up with your empty mags along the way in the first place, of course. So... unless all of your neighbors, friends and family bought Uzi Pro's too, you're already neck deep in a possibly fatal decision, because guaranteed almost everybody else you know already bought 9mm Glock mags. I have been there and done this a half a dozen times and learned my lesson and I wont ever own another PCC in anything other than 9mm using Glock mags ever again
    I have a Scorpion Evo 3 S1, Draco Nak 9x, Uzi Pro, VZ61 SBR, Beretta cx4 storm

I like short PCC's my only 16in one is the cx4 storm and that was the first rifle I ever bought. Great gun and all but 16in barrel is too much for me on a 9mm. I have a background in Corrections and the US Navy. I've been collecting guns for a few years just now found gulfcoastforums after using reddit mostly. Braces are a good option but I am an NFA guy so SBR's aren't a big deal for me. Pic related is my scorpion set up, I plink steel at 100 and 200 yds all day with it, 35rd PSA mags.

Attachments

• RenderedImage.jpg
      RenderedImage.jpg
      2.8 MB · Views: 122
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I really wanted a stribog when they were like $700 without a brace, the sp9a1 is still looking good but the s9a3 kinda sucked and the stribog mags look really unreliable. If you're on a budget i'm sure you could make it work but I would spend the extra $200 and get scorpion evo 3 carbine with 16in barrel

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I really wanted a stribog when they were like $700 without a brace, the sp9a1 is still looking good but the s9a3 kinda sucked and the stribog mags look really unreliable. If you're on a budget i'm sure you could make it work but I would spend the extra $200 and get scorpion evo 3 carbine with 16in barrel
    There's an aftermarket Stribog lower that takes Glock mags. Me and Jay have been doing business since before he opened his second store. He and his wife are good people. I lived literally across the street behind his second store and was in there daily. I was sad to move back home and see it closed. Something else about 9mm versus 223 using 16" barrels... I've seen the gel blocks proving that at CQB distances 9mm FMJ penetrates deeper than 223 FMJ, and I don't know if it's the fact that the 9mm is twice the weight, or what, because it certainly doesn't have more powder. I've also heard that this is because of the length of the 22 caliber projectile making it flip flop on impact. Idk, it's still a pretty small piece of metal even if it is flying sideways

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's an aftermarket Stribog lower that takes Glock mags. Me and Jay have been doing business since before he opened his second store. He and his wife are good people. I lived literally across the street behind his second store and was in there daily. I was sad to move back home and see it closed. Something else about 9mm versus 223 using 16" barrels... I've seen the gel blocks proving that at CQB distances 9mm FMJ penetrates deeper than 223 FMJ, and I don't know if it's the fact that the 9mm is twice the weight, or what, because it certainly doesn't have more powder. I've also heard that this is because of the length of the 22 caliber projectile making it flip flop on impact. Idk, it's still a pretty small piece of metal even if it is flying sideways
    well yea if you go by nato standards 9mm is a 124 grain projectile while 5.56 is a 62 grain projectile. 9mm FMJ tends to overpenetrate even with handguns so yea a 16in barrel would do some cool things with gel blocks. 9mm starts to lose this impressiveness at about 100yds, past there and the bullet starts shedding velocity like crazy, gonna have major drop. 5.56 on the other hand can easily go out to 600+ yards granted it wont be very powerful because of the 62 grain bullet. Jay is a cool guy, always has something interesting (last time I saw him it was an Action Arms pre ban .45acp UZI carbine with 16in barrel) in his shop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom