• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m a big fan of the ithaca 37, I own several including a military/police model that is parkerized and doesn’t have the roll markings. It has a walnut stock, I don’t think I’ve seen one that doesn’t have walnut.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My wood is too dense and dark (red'ish) to be soft wood or even "pallet" wood.
    Trying to figure what wood would make sense in the time period. Only thing that I can come up with is mapel or walnut.
    Gotta do some reserch.
    What is the wood on that 37 ??? ---- SAWMAN

If you really want to see what your wood looks like .....(pause for laughter to die down).... take off your foregrip and sand a spot inside it down to the bare wood. Doesn't need to be huge. Then wipe it with mineral spirits. That will temporarily reveal the natural state of the wood. You may be surprised, and you could be very surprised.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    You got a steadier hand than me!
    Yeah... That's something I don't trust myself to do and make look that good.

Are you going to blue the end?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If anyone is planning to cut a modified or full choke vent rib barrel for a ithaca 37 12 gauge , I’ve got a a 20 inch factory slug barrel with sights that I trade for it. :)

JedClpIT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Well I just learned a couple of things from the pipe fitter. I used a tuff packing tape and the pipe cutter just wadded it up! Now I'll use electrical tape; or I think I can make a Dremel work. SAWMAN, mine is walnut also. Some Ithaca base models in the late 80's I think, used birch wood to save money before the second bankruptcy. Did not work well. I'll go through the Ithaca book again to see when.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Looks like yours is a lot like my model 12 barrel band. I wished they sold a barrel band sling swivel like this for them. I've been tempted to try my hand at cutting a piece of sheet brass and just making a custom one. May even look sweet have a little brass accent there. But the ones for the Winchesters are super rare and can't find one anywhere. I guess because most where mounted on heat shields instead. I'd already have one fabbed up if I had the tools lol. The only other option is the clamp on aftermarket ones but this I think would be much simpler
    92a22ab8444e0d9e9b6fff4aa68e6ae6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like yours is a lot like my model 12 barrel band. I wished they sold a barrel band sling swivel like this for them. I've been tempted to try my hand at cutting a piece of sheet brass and just making a custom one. May even look sweet have a little brass accent there. But the ones for the Winchesters are super rare and can't find one anywhere. I guess because most where mounted on heat shields instead. I'd already have one fabbed up if I had the tools lol. The only other option is the clamp on aftermarket ones but this I think would be much simpler
    92a22ab8444e0d9e9b6fff4aa68e6ae6.jpg

Here is a different take on Model 12 I'll take it apart tomorrow and see just how it's done 20220208_191334.jpg

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve got a military/police parkerized 37 , other than the finish and no engraving it seems to be like the commercial grade 37’s. Anyone else got one , or any pictures of one?
    0DC07C51-0E5F-472E-B980-B4EEF755EE35.png

Last edited:

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome thanks. That will actually likely work

Remember that Bolt can't go all the way through because your takedown pin runs right through the middle of it. It's probably drilled about a quarter inch deep and tapped I'll check it out tomorrow

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the model 37 as long as it wouldn't affect the historical significance or the value of a nice gun I would drill and tap a swivel in here 20220209_092729.jpg

Reactions: FLT

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the Winchester Model 12 20220209_091757.jpg while not historically correct this application has worked well for me 20220209_092119.jpg

Top Bottom