Patriot Mobile

It is just me or do y'all find it strange to spend tons of money to upgrade a gun you never shot

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yep, certainly a factor. Currently my .44 reloads cost me a $1 a piece and the .45-70 is nearing $3 per round. Surely much worse if your shoot "factory." Considering, I still maintain there is an on-going agenda to price Americans out of owning and shooting firearms. Back when the ammo/gun "stock-piling" started under obama, I somewhat bought "stock-piling" as an excuse/cause of shortages. Now, not so much. There has been plenty of time for the market that truly wanted our business to react/respond. Not accepting the whole COVID thing as the primary reason at this point, either. There's more to it than that, gotta be.
    I haven't done any shooting in months, just keep adding to the ammo when the price & availability is good...

crap storm coming imo, not going to waste ammo on punching holes in stuff when it might have to do me for a while if the prices go thru the roof...

when i die, someone will be set up nicely.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    The good thing about shooting .22's is that it is still relatively cheap and available, so a morning or afternoon at the range is still affordable. .22 is coming back again although more expensive. If you wait you will lose out again. Just because it's on the shelf today doesn't mean that it always will be. I last bought 9mm at .20cpr and I thought that was outrageous. Look at it today. Don't wait to buy, it's only going to go up, be taxed, restricted, and regulated.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Rifles just aren't as accurate without the bling.
    There is a certain amount of street cred in showing up to the party properly equipped... to a certain extent. Any thing over that threshold and things just get ridiculously cumbersome, and that threshold is different for everybody. Some people are quite comfortable running around with a 20 pound something and 4 different kinds of batteries. Not me... but I won't judge someone who does roll like that. I won't carry their tacticool crap for them when they can't either

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am guilty of assembling the holy grail gun and only firing it to site in the TA31. As said earlier. This is our hobby. If you don't have one, you need to get one. Most will be costly. Why not make it work to your advantage.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hey all, I have been seeing for years ads on here and GB of people stating that they buy a gun new and list $100s if not $1000s of "upgrades" they have done to it but remains unfired. Does anyone else find that odd? How do you know what needs upgrading to fit your needs if you do not fire it stock?

Probably just me but I find that odd.
    I mean personally I can't imagine not shooting the guns I've owned and upgraded. But I don't have the disposable income to amass a huge collection like some do, and what I can imagine is that if I did, there would probably be some safe queens that may hardly see the light of day. As it stands, every weapon I own serves a purpose. I stock replacement parts for those weapons, and I train on them extensively. I do have a couple of WWII era rifles that I've only put a couple of hundred rounds through, my K31 and M1 Carbine. The carbine was my grandfather's and I will never sell it, and the K31 is actually up for sale here. Both have seen some action in a previous lifetime.

Members online

Top Bottom