• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Dr. Tracie Canada has an article in Scientific American claiming that “football’s violence disproportionately affects Black men.”

As someone that has reviewed the article has stated:

Canada’s premise is essentially that because “nonwhite players account for 70 percent of the NFL,” black players get injured more often". However, why would Canada think otherwise? Why would anyone? What did she expect from a league that has a 7-1 ratio of nonwhite to white players? What’s next, any accusation of an injury between two black players being classified as black-on-black crime?

Furthermore, Canada accuses the NFL of “racial stacking,” which she described as a process of “racially segregating players by playing position,” which, in turn, “places Black athletes at a higher risk during play.” So what is the point here? Does Canada want more white players to play football? After, literally decades, of social justice enthusiasts, people like Dr. Tracie Canada, pushing to get more black athletes in professional sports, now the argument is there are too many and the result of this surplus is some weird form of systemic racism?

My next question is did the Federal Government fund her to do this "study" to the tune of several million dollars?

BluesBrother

Master
    In the end their academic argument is they want it both ways. The black players choose to become millionaires. No one is forcing them to play ball. Don't get me started on the government funding $hit like pbs and npr.

Reactions: FLT

Carl

Master
    Heres a list of her racist articles

Heres her website

Seems legit.

Sports and racism, couldn't be more useless. We need the hard times to swing around to fix this unfortunately.

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Here a list of her racist articles

Heres her website

Seems legit.
    Actually I ignore these types of a$$ hole comments. I I encourage every one to do the same. If you respond you're giving them air time. I don't think they will disappear if ignored but it makes me feel better to know I still control my information input.

Carl

Master
    Actually I ignore these types of a$$ hole comments. I I encourage every one to do the same. If you respond you're giving them air time. I don't think they will disappear if ignored but it makes me feel better to know I still control my information input.
    My comment was intended to point out that she is a racist with a garbage degree so her articles should be disregarded as nonsense.

Top Bottom