• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good example...hope the officer lived and I'm pretty sure the bad guy met his maker and his 72 virgin boys too...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is always unfortunate that the people dictating Rules of Engagement and readiness carry rules are not the ones in the trenches. These policies are bad enough when things in the badlands are simmering, its outragous when thing are boiling over as they are now. They throw anything, return a bullet (not rubber). Isreal in the old days didn't give a shit about anything but the safety of citizens and their National Security, they kicked ass! No they are restrained by pressure from the U.S. and the U. N. Kill all the violent protesters then meet the peaceful survivors at the negotiation table.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Israeli carry". Give me a damn break. Any yahoo can draw and slam the slide back as fast as possible. Seems anytime someone adds the word "Israeli" to something, people think it works and is cool. It's like the word "tactical".

If you want to carry on "amber", be my guest. I'll go on "red", thanks.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The point was carrying with an empty chamber has great potential to get you and/or others killed, NOT that its the a great way to operate. See post #3.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Israeli carry". Give me a damn break. Any yahoo can draw and slam the slide back as fast as possible. Seems anytime someone adds the word "Israeli" to something, people think it works and is cool. It's like the word "tactical".

If you want to carry on "amber", be my guest. I'll go on "red", thanks.

Interesting because most of the time when I see it attached to anything shooting/training related I think antiquated, over complicated, and junkie; i.e. Mako, Fobus, and this link.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I watched the video. Round in the chamber or not, the bad guy got the jump of the officer and was hitting him before the officer even pulled a gun. He could have been carrying cocked a locked and it would not have change the outcome of that encounter.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I watched the video. Round in the chamber or not, the bad guy got the jump of the officer and was hitting him before the officer even pulled a gun. He could have been carrying cocked a locked and it would not have change the outcome of that encounter.

He could have been stabbed one less time. I think that's a good difference.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well being stabbed less is always a good thing. But in that circumstance when someone is stabbing you it seems to me that the first options is to either get a hold of the attacking arm or to get distance between your self and the attacker so that you can shoot him. If instead you shoot while he stabs then its a tie and you both loose. The other concern in this particular case was the fact that he was surrounded by innocence and brother officers. Shooting could have injured or killed one of them.

Look I am in favor of carrying a weapon with a round in the chamber, but it would be incorrect to blame what happened to this officer to a condition three method of carrying.

Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Since these officers are already suspicious of the men they are interviewing and given the huge history of attacks against them, they were TOO DAMN close to the bad guys which gives the advantage to the knife wielder. The knife is ALWAYS LOADED, and doesn't run out of ammunition and can be used to stab multiple times before one is able to draw his firearm. Close quarters fighting tactics should have been used to create distance then move to the firearm, but condition 2 is just ridiculous. As you saw, there is no "time out" for me to get my gun loaded scenario.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    This bears repeating. If you're going to carry a handgun, keep it loaded, readily accessible and with any manual safety turned off. There's plenty of "safeties" out there that dont require any extra thought, like a 1911 style grip safety, a Glock style "safe action" trigger and that old stand-by: a heavy trigger on a DA gun. I wonder how many dead people out there are dead because they went to yank on a trigger and nothing happened. Well we'll never know, because they are dead and can't tell us

Last edited:
    Top Bottom