• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spalmer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ISO- Looking for recomendations for refinishing my S&W .32 revolver. Probably not worth much, but has sentimental value. I'm in the Milton, FL area, but would consider any reputable service.

Attachments

• 20210206_092933.jpg
      20210206_092933.jpg
      9 MB · Views: 112
    • 20210206_092844.jpg
      20210206_092844.jpg
      2 MB · Views: 114
    Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I think you need a location to post. I would try S&W. They may have it a while, like months. If they did the refinish the sentimental value would still be there but in addition the guns real value would also be retained.

Spalmer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks BluesBrother. That has been something I've been thinking about. But like you said, who knows how long they will be holding on to it.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I don't even know what the process to removing nickle is. But I'm sure the folks at S&W do. I don't think you're going to find any one local that has years of experience doing it, then re-nickle. The point is the gun is going to be sent off anyway, right? You said yourself the gun has sentimental significance, right? Than do the very best you can to get it back to the way it was when bought new. When that happens and the months of waiting to get it back are behind you, you won't even remember the waiting period. You'll have a piece in your hands that you will be proud to hold. Even if no one sees it but you.I don't even know if S&W will take the job. But I think you should give them a call to satisfy your curiosity, don't you? If you do call, explain the significance the gun has to you and your family. Good luck with the choice you make.

Top Bottom