• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I'm going to want all of you to type out hollow points here. No more "hp"
    Also force your fingers to type "back up gun" too. And how dare you insult a police officer with LEO. :)

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    I agree with many of the comments and observations here. MauserLarry's reaction and advise is well taken. And thanks for bringing the subject up. My thought, do we abbreviate or marginalize any other religion's most sacred holiday? No, Christians seem to be easy targets. We display tolerance when not fussing more. We chalk the indiscretions up to ignorance and insensitivity. If you offended Islam with an abbreviation you might loose your head. I feel the same as SAWMAN on this. Showing respect is only five more key strokes. Get over yourself. If five more key strokes is too much trouble to wish a friend, a family member, a stranger a holiday wish or greeting, why bother at all. When it comes to friends and family is expedience what we are looking for or want to project? I don't think so. This is not where you want to cheap out.

Last edited:

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    OK, I need the brain trust opinion here. I sent out an e-mail several years ago to a friend and closed with "Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year". Well I get back a reply stating that such a thing was not proper and inexcusable. I, of course, meant no such thing to be an insult but rather to shorten a long word (important to a poor typer). I have seen Xmas posted everywhere and it is usually done to save room. Basically I was taking Christ out of Christmas according to my friend. Not my intention at all. Anyway I still use Xmas occasionally and it pops into my head that I got chewed out every time I do so. Is anybody on the forum offended and think this is something I need to drop or was he making a big deal out of nothing?

Sounds like you have a good friend.

Xmas doesn't spell anything.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Personally it doesn't bother me how you spell it, doesn't hurt my feelings either way. I have more important stuff to worry about than get offended over a word.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom