Patriot Mobile

Is this trade fair as far as equivalence in value?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • QuickdrawMcGraw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a ruger mini-14 I’m looking to trade and someone (not on this forum) has offered me one of two options. An Aero AR pistol with only modifications being the red dot sight, and a Diamondback DB-15 with around $400+ in mods (custom stock, charging handle, grip, foregrip, buffer tube, sling mounts, flip up sights, tacticon red dot, and laser). Leaning towards the DB-15 because it’s built very similar to something I had in mind but I know Diamondback is closer to the “budget” line of AR’s than it is to a Daniel Defense for example. I also would consider the Aero, I just know it’s obviously much closer to stock than the DB-15 is. Just curious if you guys think I’m getting a fair trade for the money. I’ve listed pics of the mini-14 I’m trading and the two guns I’m considering trading for. If a post like this isn’t allowed just tell me and I’ll remove it. New to the forum so I’m not sure what is and isn’t allowed as far as posting goes.

Attachments

• 267FCE00-A3FD-42E7-8802-AE7D0DF205BB.png
      267FCE00-A3FD-42E7-8802-AE7D0DF205BB.png
      917 KB · Views: 75
    • B4AFCCD9-4AEA-418E-BBD8-7CC85026F1A3.jpeg
      B4AFCCD9-4AEA-418E-BBD8-7CC85026F1A3.jpeg
      548.3 KB · Views: 73
    • FE10115E-7BF1-42D3-B446-C8563CA7F96B.jpeg
      FE10115E-7BF1-42D3-B446-C8563CA7F96B.jpeg
      294.5 KB · Views: 74

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Personally I would pass. Mini's hold their value very well. If it was a factory build Colt 6920, S&W M&P Tactical, FN AR-15, or Armalite I would say go for it!

+1. Don’t trade for something that may not have equal potential. A DB will always be hard to get rid of.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Little known fact.... the new DB's are made, owned by Taurus.... the coat of arms logo. If it has <DB> it's the old made, owned in the USA ones. The only factory build ar I have is the old DB and it's flawless. YMMV..
    20210715_185343.jpg
    20210715_171416.jpg

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    What series of mini and how much are you taking the aftermarket stock and crap into account versus what the stock mini would actually be worth ( more in stock condition to a lot of folks btw)

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    I was not aware Taurus makes the current DB AR15. That is not necessarily a plus IMO. Taurus to my knowledge has never made an AR15. So the DB's are their first foray into the platform. However, the AR platform is one of the most poplar rifle platforms on the planet. You will be able to find new and used parts and change parts limitlessly. There must be 100 different manufactures of magazines polymer, steel, aluminum, stainless steal, black ones, FDE ones, grey ones, yada, yada, yada. And they all will work to some degree. Not so with the Ruger mini 14. Even magazines on the Ruger are proprietary and not that easy to find ones that work flawlessly. You know how the gun will be used. Ruger's guarantee is second to none. DB neh, I don't know. It's a good deal if both buyer and seller walk away with what they want and are happy with the exchange.

Last edited:

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I was not aware Taurus makes the current DB AR15. That is not necessarily a plus IMO. Taurus to my knowledge has never made an AR15. So the DB's are their first foray into the platform. However, the AR platform is one of the most poplar rifle platforms on the planet. You will be able to find new and used parts and change parts limitlessly. There must be 100 different manufactures of magazines polymer, steel, aluminum, stainless steal, black ones, FDE ones, grey ones, ya, ya, ya. And they all will work to some degree. Not so with the Ruger mini 14. Even magazines on the Ruger are proprietary and not that easy to find ones that work flawlessly. You know how the gun will be used. Ruger's guarantee is second to none. DB neh, I don't know. It's a good deal if both buyer and seller walk away with what they want and are happy with the exchange.
    Depending on the serial number range it'll possibly be sol if there's an issue from ruger.

Second do we have any proof on the Taurus thing since diamondback arms plant is in central Florida still..

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    OP, if I were you, I I'd sell the mini outright. If you have the original stock parts and it's in good condition, you should be looking at around $1000. Spare mini mags are like gold too.
    Take that $1000, spend $500 - $600 on a decent new AR of you choice, then $400 - $500 to outfit it with optics, and all the other doodads to make it what you want.

QuickdrawMcGraw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OP, if I were you, I I'd sell the mini outright. If you have the original stock parts and it's in good condition, you should be looking at around $1000. Spare mini mags are like gold too.
    Take that $1000, spend $500 - $600 on a decent new AR of you choice, then $400 - $500 to outfit it with optics, and all the other doodads to make it what you want.
    So I’ve actually had a lot of people say something along those similar lines as far as “if you had the stock parts” this rifle is actually completely stock. It is the Ruger Mini 14 model 5888 and comes straight from Ruger like this with an MSRP of 1339. Although yes I was valuing it at roughly 1000/1100. I might just have to do that however I think I’m pretty set on not doing anything with AR’s and just getting a nice carry pistol and pocketing the rest

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    do not trade this mini for either AR option. you'd be throwing away like $400 in cash. DB15s are garbage if newer production and Aero pistols can be had on the cheap in the 2nd hand market and i love Aero stuff. heck, i'll trade you a better Aero pistol than that one, plus cash on the mini!

Top Bottom