• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    So....you're saying liberals are coating AK rounds in mercury and firing them at vets? Is that right?
    I'm sure the combatants that were shooting at him were communist lib-tards, btw

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Think too many people watched that steelhawk ammo video on YouTube and took it seriously lol. If ya haven't seen it.. it's hilarious lol. But yeah the Teflon myth still goes on. Never heard of the mercury one tho.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I watched some videos on a new hydrophobic coating made from fungus on YouTube tho. And it makes ball bearings etc fall thru water at like double speed cause the water never touches them and therefore don't drag them down. I bet in the near future seals will have it on bullets for thier frogmen guns lol. But it does make me wonder if it would have crazy good penetration qualities on flesh in hunting rounds where penetration is desired. After all were 98% water too. So they say. I'd like to see some YouTuber try it on on some ammo and see if anything new happens. Maybe split the hydrogen atoms and cause a nuclear blast. Who knows lol

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Liberty civil defense rounds are great.
    Very fast, light rounds with light recoil and lots of energy. Speed defeats barriers and these rounds are pushing rifle speeds. I use them and love them. Oh and a huge difference in Weight with a full mag when compared to conventional hollow points. Here are specs...

Weight: 50grCivil Defense 9mm - lead free premium self defense rounds.

Velocity: 2040 FPS
    Kinetic Energy: 462 FPE

Accuracy: < 1″ @ 25 Meters

Terminal Effect: 3 ½ “W x 12” D

Civil Defense 10mm

Weight: 60 Gr

Velocity: 2,400 FPS

Kinetic Energy: 780 FPE

Accuracy: < 1” @ 25 Meters

Terminal Effect: 4 -1/2” W x 12” D

45acp +p

Weight: 78gr

Velocity: 1900 FPS

Kinetic Energy: 600 FPE

Accuracy: < 1” @ 25 Meters

Terminal Effect: 4 ½ “W x 12” D

Pressure: +P

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nice. Yeah I'm thinking I'll order some next month. Plan to equip a few guns in it. Including my 10mm. Will make my scorpion and MPX alot lighter too I bet. Thanks bud

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    DAS HUGH!
    I don't think you will be disappointed in them. Pretty pricey but very devastating and great to counter over penetration, especially with that 10mm. From what I have seen with them the first 5" of penetration is extremely unpleasant.
    I want to see them in 50BMG.
    It goes against what I used to think as far as bullet mass being a positive. In 45acp and 9mm (1) traditional lead/brass case fmj or hollow point round weighs what (3) civil defense rounds weigh.
    POI will change at longer distances, so be aware of that and compensate or adjust accordingly.
    If you take them out to 100+ yds with that scorpion or mpx let me know how they work for you.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Interesting and short video. Thanks.

Not sure how to send YouTube videos here yet. But snake posted it for me. Thanks again snake btw. But not sure if you noticed or watched it yet. But this video is on a gory subject. But the guy in it is a scientist and he shows some math that I've never seen explained involving what's better in bullets.. speed.. or weight. And it shows that bullets with alot of speed.. like liberty. Can do up to 4x the damage that a similar bullet can at double its weight and half the speed. Anyways I suggest watching it if ya haven't already. 50 bmg is a curious round tho. It really wasn't made to be used the way it's used so much today. It was made to be heavy to be a anti vehicle and armor round. Yet still by luck is able to do alot of what snipers need to do. I'll try to find this other video I saw once. It speaks about the fastest production bullet ever made. It was a variant of the swift round. And the absolute fastest custom ever made looks comical lol. But here's a photo I took tho of when the video of playing. It looks insane lol
    644bea5fb5893571b3b7c0b52f9146d1.jpg

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Here's the video if ya wanna watch it too. It talks about the fastest ones ever made and explains a bit about the limitations of why also. Says in 1934 the 220 swift was made and is about the fastest one u can buy still. But I'd be curious how much 50 bmg can be sped up also till it disintegrates or loses stability also. They've made SLAP rounds for it I know tho. Not sure how well they fly for how long tho
    a96f312c74411c49b8d168d3f3d76581.jpg

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From what I understand A bullet can become " too fast" for its size to where it is unstable and inaccurate. I know for a fact that .22lr is more accurate at subsonic speeds. The transition from supersonic to subsonic does weird things to projectiles.
    I notice the huge change in accuracy in all rounds I shoot when they lose enough energy to slow down to subsonic speeds.
    I would love to have a fighter jet pilot chime in and explain what the transition feels like in an aircraft. I would assume that is the same on a larger scale and you could feel it in "real time".
    C'mon military pilots!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yep. The video I showed above actually says that at certain speeds the bullets just vaporize when leaving the barrel. The open air outside the barrel is like water kinda. When you hit it slow its fine. But dive off a bridge.. then it's like hitting concrete lol. Same affect I suppose. I'd love to see rifle that fires that bullet in the person's hand in photo in action lol. Saw some where online but I forget where. But it was an article posted in a chat where the military did some AP trials with all sorts of rifles and calibers vs an armored personal carrier.. and APC... and all the 30 calibers and so on didn't do much of anything to it. But said they tried a 220 swift on it and it went right thru. I wonder about it tho. And if the bullet really went thru. Or if it hit really hard.. and disintegrated the round. But transfered so much energy that it punched a hole by knocking out the piece of steel it hit instead and left a hole. Called spalling. Where the armor then becomes the bullet. I'll have to see if I can find it again. Interesting stuff

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Yep. The video I showed above actually says that at certain speeds the bullets just vaporize when leaving the barrel. The open air outside the barrel is like water kinda. When you hit it slow its fine. But dive off a bridge.. then it's like hitting concrete lol. Same affect I suppose. I'd love to see rifle that fires that bullet in the person's hand in photo in action lol. Saw some where online but I forget where. But it was an article posted in a chat where the military did some AP trials with all sorts of rifles and calibers vs an armored personal carrier.. and APC... and all the 30 calibers and so on didn't do much of anything to it. But said they tried a 220 swift on it and it went right thru. I wonder about it tho. And if the bullet really went thru. Or if it hit really hard.. and disintegrated the round. But transfered so much energy that it punched a hole by knocking out the piece of steel it hit instead and left a hole. Called spalling. Where the armor then becomes the bullet. I'll have to see if I can find it again. Interesting stuff

22-250 is getting some popularity as a countersniper bullet for the same reasons. The smaller, denser and super fast is able to go thru dual pane windows and laminated glass at high speed without shattering

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah from what I see so far. Once that tiny round reaches certain speeds. It cuts like a torch thru things like hard barriers
    fb54404da45f08b7d8181cefb2c02527.jpg
    4ff09028d949948944cf8a40e07305dc.jpg

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I built a neat little CSM MP-57. Got one of the first they made. It's what I plan to use as a cargun. It has super nice capacity and the ammo is ultra lightweight. It has rifle like ballistics in a pistol size gun. It's my idea of the perfect backpack Armageddon gun lol. Only bad part is 5.7 is a little hard to find ammo. But so long as ya buy plenty tho in advance it's perfect. As for now I don't have any good penetration rounds for it yet tho. Just some bluetip and American eagle rounds. Plan to load up on some of the high end rounds as soon as I get a few other guns I want collected first. But yeah I do like the idea of faster is better. Plus the whole gun weighs like 3lbs and is 11.5 inches long. So it literally fits in my lunchbox lol. But yeah once this ammo stuff settles down and prices are back to somewhat normal I'm gonna order some of the super rounds. Seen videos of it going thru like 6 inches of bullet proof glass once. I'll have to find that too lol

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not sure how to send YouTube videos here yet. But snake posted it for me. Thanks again snake btw. ...

1) You're welcome.
    2) Posting those vids is fairly straightforward. Under the video, where the like/don't-like thumbs are, there's a "Share" arrow. Tap/click that. For an iPhone, hold your finger on the resulting https address, and some options show up. Select the "Copy" option. Then paste it in your message here.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I use that method for other apps. But I use tapatalk here for these forums. And it's weird. It won't let me. It shows this when I try. And don't see anywhere that shows an address I can copy. It instead will let me.. but only if I select to make a new post. Weird. But I was wrong on the 6 inch glass. Was an 1 1/4 thick with standard hollowpoints. Still very impressive. I have two boxes of that kind. Can't wait till I get better ones
    b907b347ba010393623822ecaed367b5.jpg
    17d2fdd5d0b4c125c607b5041c341f06.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I built a neat little CSM MP-57. Got one of the first they made. It's what I plan to use as a cargun. It has super nice capacity and the ammo is ultra lightweight. It has rifle like ballistics in a pistol size gun. It's my idea of the perfect backpack Armageddon gun lol. Only bad part is 5.7 is a little hard to find ammo. But so long as ya buy plenty tho in advance it's perfect. As for now I don't have any good penetration rounds for it yet tho. Just some bluetip and American eagle rounds. Plan to load up on some of the high end rounds as soon as I get a few other guns I want collected first. But yeah I do like the idea of faster is better. Plus the whole gun weighs like 3lbs and is 11.5 inches long. So it literally fits in my lunchbox lol. But yeah once this ammo stuff settles down and prices are back to somewhat normal I'm gonna order some of the super rounds. Seen videos of it going thru like 6 inches of bullet proof glass once. I'll have to find that too lol

Roll your own solid coppers

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah ikr. I've never reloaded before yet. But I deffo plan to soon. From what I can tell so far, and I could be wrong.. but from what I've gathered is that these here are basically the same as greentips/red box 5.7mm. Just with a little less powder. I have like 3 boxes of these and I'm saving them for when I do get set up to reload. Basically the greentip ones are loaded like a +P I guess. Anyways yeah I'd like to also see about doing some experiments with some 556 greentips thru a 5.7 gun one day. I'll have to get the barrel sizes and twist rates down pat. Wished I had to tools to make things like that. And the time. I'd come up with all sorts of crazy stuff lol. But yeah the exotic EA rounds and stuff are going for crazy prices now. So making them at home is absolutely needed if ya plan to shoot these alot. These are a little different tho. Not solid copper. They have aluminum cores. They even make a thermite style flash when hitting metal targets sometimes. Pretty neat stuff. But they're nearly half the weight of of the others I have. So they have some speed on them. It's the same bullets used in the bullet proof glass video. So if loaded hotter they'll be beasty wished more makers would make guns like these in 5.7mm. Loving this one so far. It's one of my fave guns I own
    ea50f771bdd0b962ceb0c0c89b38e87c.jpg
    b403dd3fd4395548956a4e9716ed9913.jpg
    3ec0f4d5f10ba4fe6fecfcfaca6946a0.jpg

Top Bottom