• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Might be worth looking at tumble upon impact.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Solid copper is good for like 30% greater penetration. It's a sure two for one deal on the amount of holes to bleed out from in a defensive scenario. Not so sure about the 80 grains, though. Reminds me of the 65 grain polymer/compressed copper dust projectiles

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-005355_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210710-005355_Chrome.jpg
      254.9 KB · Views: 76
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    What do they mean by "solid copper spun" ? It's a misnomer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-010326_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210710-010326_Chrome.jpg
      438.9 KB · Views: 83
    • Screenshot_20210710-010431_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210710-010431_Chrome.jpg
      338.4 KB · Views: 71
    • Screenshot_20210710-010502_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210710-010502_Chrome.jpg
      406.1 KB · Views: 80
    • Screenshot_20210710-010540_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210710-010540_Chrome.jpg
      351.6 KB · Views: 79
    Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Reminds me of the stuff I've seen done with the liberty civil defense rounds. Seen videos where even tho they're hollow points.. they go thru vests.. and still cavitate the heck out of gel and do massive energy dumps. Been thinking about ordering some. But they claim something like half grain weights and near double speeds if I recall correctly. Been carrying black talons for ages now. Been thinking about upgrading to some like these. But I keep buying new pew pews instead lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Reminds me of the stuff I've seen done with the liberty civil defense rounds. Seen videos where even tho they're hollow points.. they go thru vests.. and still cavitate the heck out of gel and do massive energy dumps. Been thinking about ordering some. But they claim something like half grain weights and near double speeds if I recall correctly. Been carrying black talons for ages now. Been thinking about upgrading to some like these. But I keep buying new pew pews instead lol

Yep, you throw something downrange fast enough and it dont matter the composition or size of the projectile, it will defeat whatever you want to put in front of it. "Double speed" will do it

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If you go search YouTube for a video called "anatomy of a headshot".. You'll see the math explained in some formulas about velocity. And why if you double a bullets weight.. vs it's speed. The double heavy bullet does double damage. But the double fast bullet.. does 4x more damage. He explains it really well. Kind of a gory video subject. But the math explained it it is very good and I haven't seen anyone else break it down that way.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you go search YouTube for a video called "anatomy of a headshot".. You'll see the math explained in some formulas about velocity. And why if you double a bullets weight.. vs it's speed. The double heavy bullet does double damage. But the double fast bullet.. does 4x more damage. He explains it really well. Kind of a gory video subject. But the math explained it it is very good and I haven't seen anyone else break it down that way.

Interesting and short video. Thanks.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Anytime. Glad ya found it interesting

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    “Solid copper spun” means it started as a copper rod and was spun down on a lathe to create. It’s simple speed kills. You have a lot better chance of living from a slow pistol wound vs a fast rifle. Rifles for the most part have lighter Bullets but guess what? They travel at almost 3x the velocity

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I know there alot of "lingo" thrown around in this area. Some to meant to simply doubletalk the intended affect and skirt some rules regarding what's legal or not. But I do wonder if there's another reason why the word spun is used other than the obvious. Because I've seen some bullets that claim to be work hardened copper. And if that's so. Why wear out your tools dealing with it in its hardened state? Why not lathe it when in a non tempered softer form. Then use a roller instead of a cutter.. and work harden it while on the lathe after cutting with a roller tool to give it the final shape. Then harden them?.. maybe that's what spun implies? I've looked a few times to clarify my theory but all the double talk and no one really showing the process makes it confusing. The ban also includes some metal types as far as AP rounds. And is why they use exotic type metals in some I've noticed too. It's a topic I'd like to learn more about. But it's a weird one. Like how it's legal to buy us surplus AP.. and legal to own. But illegal to sell new types. It's a weird tangled web for sure

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I say this cause if ya think about it. Convential cutting involves alot of waste with shavings etc. But if you had a lathe.. and instead used a copper rod.. and shoved the end into a roller that presses the cone shape instead. Then simply cut off the round at its length.. you could then call it spun. And save alot of materials. And perhaps make it stronger too. Just can't find any proof of my theory yet lol

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I like the warning at the bottom. "Hey Mr. Bad guy, can you move to your right...that kitchen counter is a pain in the ass to clean up and the wife would be PISSED!!! - Thank You...BOOM

1625944508394.png

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I know there alot of "lingo" thrown around in this area. Some to meant to simply doubletalk the intended affect and skirt some rules regarding what's legal or not. But I do wonder if there's another reason why the word spun is used other than the obvious. Because I've seen some bullets that claim to be work hardened copper. And if that's so. Why wear out your tools dealing with it in its hardened state? Why not lathe it when in a non tempered softer form. Then use a roller instead of a cutter.. and work harden it while on the lathe after cutting with a roller tool to give it the final shape. Then harden them?.. maybe that's what spun implies? I've looked a few times to clarify my theory but all the double talk and no one really showing the process makes it confusing. The ban also includes some metal types as far as AP rounds. And is why they use exotic type metals in some I've noticed too. It's a topic I'd like to learn more about. But it's a weird one. Like how it's legal to buy us surplus AP.. and legal to own. But illegal to sell new types. It's a weird tangled web for sure

I heard AP marked surplus ammo is only legal to own if you dont have a gun that shoots it... heard from a FFL dealer at a show, not verified

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    There's alot out there in the world being made. I've seen some tested that are rare in USA in 9mm. But it's always very expensive and they only have 2 or 3 and they're from Europe etc. But I've heard many things also about the legalities. Like they can't be bought anymore. But I can go buy 5.7mm greentips still that are supposed to be LE only and have the redbox. Also heard the MP7 uses 4.6mm to skirt the rules cause it's smaller than 22. I think many are like me and don't truly know cause it's such a convoluted mess lol. I have some black talons that people think are illegal. It's my carry ammo atm. There was a myth that the was Teflon coated to slip thru vest. But they was coated to prevent barrel wear only. And don't even think the Teflon helps since they're hollowpoints lol. But they can still be bought. I saw the rules explained once in a video but can't remember it well enough. But basically its fine so long as uncle Sam gets his surplus sold lol. But makers seem to want to avoid 9mm tho like the plague regarding this

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Liberty is no joke. when I worked at a gun shop with a range we tested it on wet phone books, large bars of laundry soap and some other stuff. pretty nasty results. in 9mm and .45 it works as advertised. that said, 115gr Barnes Tac XPD is my chosen round or Speer Gold Dot 124gr standard pressure.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah they make a nasty looking 10mm too. They have a line for duty versions also. Which I think is even nastier. Soon as prices fall a bit I'm deffo gonna order some

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Thank the lib-tards for the bad reputation the Black Talons got. I used to know a vet who took a half dozen AK rounds to the chest, thru a vest, who found out later that the projectiles had been coated in mercury. Apparently mercury does the trick on vests. Even if the victim survives, they get taken out of the game by poisoning

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank the lib-tards for the bad reputation the Black Talons got. I used to know a vet who took a half dozen AK rounds to the chest, thru a vest, who found out later that the projectiles had been coated in mercury. Apparently mercury does the trick on vests. Even if the victim survives, they get taken out of the game by poisoning
    So....you're saying liberals are coating AK rounds in mercury and firing them at vets? Is that right?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    So....you're saying liberals are coating AK rounds in mercury and firing them at vets? Is that right?
    No, I'm saying that the liberals over-hyped the deadliness of Black Talons. And then I said what will work as a coating for defeating armor, as witnessed by a vet I knew personally.

Top Bottom