• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5.56Operator

Hero of the Imperium
    >imagine riding a motorcycle in the current year

At the best of times you have people driving while glued to their phones, or applying make up while driving, or driving while asleep or doing 90 in a torrential downpour.

Welldoya

Master
    A couple of days ago I was coming back from Pensacola to Pace around 4:00. Traffic was backed up due to the bridge construction.
    There wasn’t much traffic in the westbound lanes.
    One of those high revving Japanese bikes came flying down the road and I mean flying. He had to be doing at least 130.
    A Highway patrolman had just gone by in the westbound lane not 45 seconds earlier.
    I hope that bike caught up with him.

IronBeard

Master
    >imagine riding a motorcycle in the current year

At the best of times you have people driving while glued to their phones, or applying make up while driving, or driving while asleep or doing 90 in a torrential downpour.
    Up front, I am pro-Liberty to the extreme, but !@#$ like in your post needs to be a primary offense.

Pulled over. License suspended on the spot for _____. Gimme the keys. Vehicle towed/impounded. Taxi called at your expense. I know, canada, but I see the logic.....

IronBeard

Master
    A couple of days ago I was coming back from Pensacola to Pace around 4:00. Traffic was backed up due to the bridge construction.
    There wasn’t much traffic in the westbound lanes.
    One of those high revving Japanese bikes came flying down the road and I mean flying. He had to be doing at least 130.
    A Highway patrolman had just gone by in the westbound lane not 45 seconds earlier.
    I hope that bike caught up with him.
    Totally agree. Having raced motocross in my younger days, I say without hesitation, you can do things with a bike that non-bikers just can't fathom. That said, what you can't do is win against a heavier object, DGAS how cool/good you think you are.

IronBeard

Master
    Since we've somewhat resurrected this topic: The post-"accident" admonishment/safety briefing appears to have worn off, and bus drivers are now back to doing whatever they feel is necessary to adhere to their schedule. I'm sure no one sees this but me so, never mind...

M60Gunner

Master
    They/WE are way behind on school bus drivers. I believe over a hundred openings across the four counties. I'm sure the school boards feel lucky to have the ones driving now. That may play into it somewhere down the line, but we should uphold the law regardless. Realistically, follow the money. You can sue a dumptruck, concrete, crane, tractor trailer company that makes profit $. But it is hard to get blood out of a turnip. The whole freedom ride is a double edged sword too. Mistakes are more costly regardless of who is at fault. You decide.

Secondary issue: Why so few school bus drivers?- "OUR" kids are mini "Richard craniums" and "Miss Beoches" these days, that no one wants to deal with. How does this affect the driving and quality of drivers? Well, I really don't know, but I think it is in there somewhere.
    I think Escambia can’t hire drivers because they test them for alcohol and regular cigarettes which are not allowed to use IN THEIR OFF DUTY time!

JedClpIT

Marksman
    I think Escambia can’t hire drivers because they test them for alcohol and regular cigarettes which are not allowed to use IN THEIR OFF DUTY time!
    Well, Forest Gump's bus river wouldn't make the cut these days. Now we have to save on medical and insurance! A drink and a smoke might be needed after a day on the road with the kids.

IronBeard

Master
    Well, Forest Gump's bus river wouldn't make the cut these days. Now we have to save on medical and insurance! A drink and a smoke might be needed after a day on the road with the kids.
    Based on my observations, both are warranted (drink/smoke). Can't comment on drinking, but I see more than one bus, two-three times a week, "clandestinely" parked near the end of the day with the driver outside enjoying that last smoke. Don't want to go back to the shop too early 'cause they might want you to do something other than drive. IMO, that's the end-result of piss-poor/entitlement/sympathy parenting manifested in y'all's entitled, misbehaved, booger-eaters...

I'll admit, I'm OTH; I earned it. When I rode a school bus, we really liked/respected our driver. He knew us, we knew him. So much so that we had parents buy him Jack Daniels, his openly preferred drink, at christmas, and we "kids," gave him the gifts as we boarded the bus prior to christmas. Sometimes we brought a gun onto the bus that we were going to work on in shop class! Can you imagine the national butt-hurt/outrage over that today?!

Reality was, you $%^&ed with our driver, Mr. Bill, and you $%^&ed with us. If Mr. Bill didn't want you on that bus, you weren't gettin' on that bus. Just sayin'....

JedClpIT

Marksman
    Yes, this is a "manifestation" all the way around. And I shouldn't try to be so PC about it. I am old school myself. Some ass whipping all around would save some lives. The gunny Sargent from Full Metal Jacket could rotate bus to bus for a full year and have the kids and the bus drivers lined out. Could you imagine the piss running out the back door of that bus at the end of the day?
    And I don't care what a grown adult does on their own time as long as they can get their shit together for the "9 to 5" just like the rest of us ( Ins. up-charge for smoking anyway).
    Well that will never happen. The empowered youth would have 20 videos sent to the OMG media, along with their hurt feelings card, within minutes.
    I might smoke one myself, and I don't smoke.

IronBeard

Master
    I took the long-winded approach and should have just said that drivers need the ability to throw some off the bus and not allow them back on for the rest of the school year.

Top Bottom