• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Very true... vent on OP... just ignore me like Gulf Coast did you...lol.

Seriously, just poking fun...
    Wasn't that you venting when you posted "MY RANGE IS THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE of RANGES"? After I read it I thought, "seriously, man that's time I'll never get back." Just sayin'

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Gulf Coast Guns is usually very attentive. I’m usually greeted 3 times while there. I know where you’re coming from but I wouldn’t give up on them.
    I stopped in Uber’s for the first time about a month ago. It was a Saturday and they were packed.
    I just looked around real quick and headed for the door, really wasn’t expecting a greeting because they were slammed.
    As I headed for the door, the lady asked if there was anything she could help me find.
    I told her that I just happened to be driving by and this was my first time in.
    She said “Well bless your heart, come back and see us.”
    I like dealing with people like that.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really loved when it was a small pawn shop that sold guns jewelry and truck accessories.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Make sure to check out grey man armory in Milton, better prices and friendlier than gulf coast guns. Obviously not as big of a selection, but definitely worth the trip and worthy of your hard earned money
    I don't know about friendlier. He does have a decent selection and all his small parts and ar15 lowers smokes Gulf coast guns. Magazines too. Lot and lots of what no one else in the area keeps in stock. Prices are good for local. Jim's is on the other side of the world, and Jim's prices are alllllll MSRP

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GCG seems to have an "attitude" that they are the only game in town. IMO. I'm OK with a little attitude, where justified/warranted. I've never been treated badly there, but the prices are MSRP, at minimum. I know they are selling to profit, but if I can get the same for less elsewhere, 'bye. I'll have to REALLY want it to pay MSRP. I've also walked in, asked if they had a specific item in stock, was told no, and then found it within minutes of looking myself. I get the turn-over thing, but If you don't know, just say so, that's OK.

FWIW, the whole closed on Sunday thing rubs me the wrong way. Yeah, yeah, yeah; church. Reality is, Sunday is 50% of the time I have off, and am most likely to shop/spend. Surely, I'm not the only person that has Saturday-Sunday off. Can't tell ya how many times I've seen/looked at something on Saturday, and then circled back and bought it on a Sunday, or not..... Just sayin', if you were to be closed maybe Monday-Tuesday..... $$$

Gotta go to Uber's. Never been, but looks like I need to.

Last edited:

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The variety of experiences here is interesting. Myself, I can't hardly get in the door at GCG without at least 3 or 4 employees saying hello, how are you, anything you're looking for today, etc etc. If they don't, I know how to walk to the counter and talk to someone... :) just poking fun. Seriously though, I feel like this kind of experience is rare at that store - the prices are hit and miss IMO but the employees are some of the best in the area. Grey Man has one guy that I'd call a good employee and the rest just kinda seem like brodudes that won't give you the time of day unless you force them to. Never been to Uber's but I've heard time and time again that Naomi is good people, so maybe I'll have to run down one day.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was turned off of gun shops years ago because the people I often dealt with in the shops had an attitude that seems miserable or a weird bloated ego, I guess customers get annoying throughout the day but it looks like it would be a fairly easy job. I just expect to deal with a normal decent human when im spending hundreds and sometimes thousands per visit. Some of these guys will have some kind of crap attitude if the customer isnt leo or special opps Rambo badass. I don't care about being greeted but the attitude sucks.

Its been years since I walked into a gun shop and spent money on anything besides a transfer fee, and thats why. Thats all I need them for now. Just stop shopping in them if you don't like it.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I was turned off of gun shops years ago because the people I often dealt with in the shops had an attitude that seems miserable or a weird bloated ego, I guess customers get annoying throughout the day but it looks like it would be a fairly easy job. I just expect to deal with a normal decent human when im spending hundreds and sometimes thousands per visit. Some of these guys will have some kind of crap attitude if the customer isnt leo or special opps Rambo badass. I don't care about being greeted but the attitude sucks.

Its been years since I walked into a gun shop and spent money on anything besides a transfer fee, and thats why. Thats all I need them for now. Just stop shopping in them if you don't like it.
    Reminds me of an experience in Jay's Pensacola store years ago. Looked at a Sig P238. The counter man was very friendly (which was unusual in my experience) and the price was reasonable (also unusual) so I decided to buy it. I was then turned over to a young man (looked like a teenager to me) for the paperwork and actual sale. The guy was a complete A-hole jerk, bossy, snotty and oh so superior. I figured I could tolerate him for those few minutes, but if I had it to do over I'd tell him to shove it. After I completed & signed the 4473, he took it in back for 'review' by someone. When he returned I was required to sign it again in the second spot, which I never understood (I thought this was required only if you left the store and returned to pick up ). Anyway, once done, there was no thanks, have a nice day, nothing except 'you are now free to leave.' And leave I did, never to give Jay's another cent or even darken his door.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Reminds me of an experience in Jay's Pensacola store years ago. Looked at a Sig P238. The counter man was very friendly (which was unusual in my experience) and the price was reasonable (also unusual) so I decided to buy it. I was then turned over to a young man (looked like a teenager to me) for the paperwork and actual sale. The guy was a complete A-hole jerk, bossy, snotty and oh so superior. I figured I could tolerate him for those few minutes, but if I had it to do over I'd tell him to shove it. After I completed & signed the 4473, he took it in back for 'review' by someone. When he returned I was required to sign it again in the second spot, which I never understood (I thought this was required only if you left the store and returned to pick up ). Anyway, once done, there was no thanks, have a nice day, nothing except 'you are now free to leave.' And leave I did, never to give Jay's another cent or even darken his door.
    Could be why that store is no longer open. Good help is hard to find these days.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    I have only bought one brand new gun in a gun store, and I can tell you, it was because the clerk had very big boobs, and a pretty smile. I also paid retail. But, I learned a valuable lesson about myself - worth the price.
    I bought a few because the salesmen were a dick and a twat.

1655998464120.jpeg

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    GCG seems to have an "attitude" that they are the only game in town. IMO. I'm OK with a little attitude, where justified/warranted. I've never been treated badly there, but the prices are MSRP, at minimum. I now they are selling to profit, but if I can get the same for less elsewhere, 'bye. I'll have to REALLY want it to pay MSRP. I've also walked in, asked if they had a specifc item in stock, was told no, and then found it within minutes of looking myself. I get the turn-over thing, but If you don't know, just say so, that's OK.

FWIW, the whole closed on Sunday thing rubs me the wrong way. Yeah, yeah, yeah; church. Reality is, Sunday is 50% of the time I have off, and am most likely to shop/spend. Surely, I'm not the only person that has Saturday-Sunday off. Can't tell ya how many times I've seen/looked at something on Saturday, and then circled back and bought it on a Sunday, or not..... Just sayin', if you were to be closed maybe Monday-Tuesday..... $$$

Gotta go to Uber's. Never been, but looks like I need to.

I recently watch a new retail shop (not firearm related) open - with hours of 10-4 Monday through Friday.

I recently watched the store close as well.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I browsed Gulf Coast Guns once. I received friendly greetings and several 'can I help you? inquiries, but I thought their prices sucked so I left.
    I have no problems with Gulf Coast. They are sorta like "victorias Secret." Lotta pretty stuff, but I'm past that. Ubers is my go to place and has some used items that I like, and Naomi, like her mom and dad before her, is just good people. Usually real busy, but easy to talk to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom