Not open for further replies.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Next time ask to speak with the owner and see how far that gets you! Kidding of course... I've literally never walked in there and NOT had someone reach out to me. I know most of those guys over there and am surprised to hear you were ignored...

Last edited:

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Had the 'professionals' at Mikes Gun Shop try to talk me out of buying a Glock 43X that I wanted. Was ready to buy but not in any 'need' to buy that day, so I listened to their shtick and say Canucks, S&Ws, and other pistols. I let them lead the conversation and only heard how bad Glocks were when compared to all the various pistols. After about 10 min, I'd had enough and left without buying.

Went home, bought online and had shipped to a local FFL for far less.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As the title says, I went in Gulf Coast Guns (Wednesday the 22nd AM) with cash in my pocket to buy a rifle that I had looked at the day before and I was totally ignored. They weren't busy either, mostly just bsing among themselves. Wasn't even greeted at the door. I walked all through the store, even took the rifle off of the rack, worked the bolt, removed the magazine, and still no sales person .First time for everything I guess. I walked in with full intentions of buying it, but I walked out with not a single person saying anything to me, and left. And no, I don't expect to be fawned over, but when almost no one is in the store it would be nioe to be approached to see what I needed. So, if you're looking for a Ruger American in .556/223 it's still hanging on the wall, lol.
    PMed you.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I buy 99+% of my guns and related goodies online. For me, half of the fun is shopping around for the best deals. I've purchased powder at shows, from Ubers & Styx, and a gun or two locally, otherwise I do very little here. I do like to window shop at Jim's custom 1911 counter, but holy moly, the prices...

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I buy 99+% of my guns and related goodies online. For me, half of the fun is shopping around for the best deals. I've purchased powder at shows, from Ubers & Styx, and a gun or two locally, otherwise I do very little here. I do like to window shop at Jim's custom 1911 counter, but holy moly, the prices...
    His 1911 case has to be retail + 15%. They are higher than anyone i can think of. Had a friend going to buy a model they had for 2399, it's 1999 most places. Meet in the middle? Have to talk to Jim. Nothing. Not one cent budge.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    His 1911 case has to be retail + 15%. They are higher than anyone i can think of. Had a friend going to buy a model they had for 2399, it's 1999 most places. Meet in the middle? Have to talk to Jim. Nothing. Not one cent budge.
    Are they the same design and everything? Like ultimately the same gun ?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I've been told before that jim doesn't budge. Exact model. Some of them are closer in price. When I was shopping for suppressors his were 100 each more than the standard online price. I do not know his margins, but it's just too much.
    All ar15 accessories are retail as well. If you need it today, he has it.

Boogy136

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As the title says, I went in Gulf Coast Guns (Wednesday the 22nd AM) with cash in my pocket to buy a rifle that I had looked at the day before and I was totally ignored. They weren't busy either, mostly just bsing among themselves. Wasn't even greeted at the door. I walked all through the store, even took the rifle off of the rack, worked the bolt, removed the magazine, and still no sales person .First time for everything I guess. I walked in with full intentions of buying it, but I walked out with not a single person saying anything to me, and left. And no, I don't expect to be fawned over, but when almost no one is in the store it would be nioe to be approached to see what I needed. So, if you're looking for a Ruger American in .556/223 it's still hanging on the wall, lol.
    Come see us at Jimmys in FWB. We will take care of you. Amy, James, Roy, Derrick, and I’m Brian.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jim's is the only local dealer I know that actually stocks high end 1911s like Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Ed Brown, Staccato (if there are other stocking dealers, someone please enlighten me). But, his prices are definitely MSRP Plus. I go in occasionally just to look and touch. The employees are always friendly and willing to hand you anything or everything in the case. I've always been made to feel welcome, and I've never felt any pressure to buy (thank God). Jim's sells a lot on Gunbroker, and people seem to buy them. It seems that his main store is in Baton Rouge LA, but I've never been there. I bought my Les Baer 1911 on Gunbroker (not from Jim) and got a great deal.

Scorpio7821

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jim's is the only local dealer I know that actually stocks high end 1911s like Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Ed Brown, Staccato (if there are other stocking dealers, someone please enlighten me). But, his prices are definitely MSRP Plus. I go in occasionally just to look and touch. The employees are always friendly and willing to hand you anything or everything in the case. I've always been made to feel welcome, and I've never felt any pressure to buy (thank God). Jim's sells a lot on Gunbroker, and people seem to buy them. It seems that his main store is in Baton Rouge LA, but I've never been there. I bought my Les Baer 1911 on Gunbroker (not from Jim) and got a great deal.
    I've seen a staccato 1911 at south outpost in daphne AL main gun store I go to besides pawn shops all are very welcoming and friendly they have high end guns

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Come see us at Jimmys in FWB. We will take care of you. Amy, James, Roy, Derrick, and I’m Brian.
    Jimmy's is great, always super friendly & honest. When Springfield SA-35s (Hi Power clone) were selling for $1200+ on Gunbroker, Jimmy's was taking orders at $699. It took a while, but I finally got mine. I also bought a safe there several years ago. And, if you like Glocks and qualify, I believe their 'Blue Label' prices are hard to beat. The only downside I've seen recently is the limited number of handguns in stock (other than Glock).

Uilleam

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I recommend Greyman Armory. The Owner is Ex-Military and a great guy. His main employee is great as well. They are usually really busy answering phones and handling customers inside the shop. They have better prices generally than GCG. I like the guys at GCG and the larger selection. I just prefer Greyman.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I recommend Greyman Armory. The Owner is Ex-Military and a great guy. His main employee is great as well. They are usually really busy answering phones and handling customers inside the shop. They have better prices generally than GCG. I like the guys at GCG and the larger selection. I just prefer Greyman.
    Grey Man Armory is expanding their building to provide more too

wesmanthetiger

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So I work in specialized retail and it seems you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. Sometimes you try to help people and thet just want to be left alone. Sometimes you leave them alone and they want to be helped. I understand the desire to be greeted when you walk into a place, but to leave without buying what you wanted and to not ask for help is utterly ludicrous. Look, we all have off days, and maybe this was yours and theirs at the same time. If you had stated that you asked for help and no one was interested, I would totally get that. If they were just rude in how they responded to you, I would totally back you up. You say you weren't greeted? Geez I got no help for you man. I've been in most gun stores around here and I would kill for a gun store of that size and selection in Fort Walton Beach. I've been in Jimm's and Jay's and been ignored twice, but I'll still go back because they both have a decent selection and I'm not overly sensitive. We got way bigger issues in the gun industry today than "no one said hi to me". I'm sorry if I sound too aggressive, and I truly don't know anything about you, but Mom-and-pop retail places get nailed on Google reviews for crap like this all the time, and it's got to stop. We need to grow a thicker skin or don't leave the house.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently watch a new retail shop (not firearm related) open - with hours of 10-4 Monday through Friday.

I recently watched the store close as well.
    Seen that quite often myself. I understand that most folks just want to do 8 and out, but if you aren't open/responsive when the customer has the time to shop/spend, I just don't see how you can make it. In the end, their business, their choice.

Boogy136

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jimmy's is great, always super friendly & honest. When Springfield SA-35s (Hi Power clone) were selling for $1200+ on Gunbroker, Jimmy's was taking orders at $699. It took a while, but I finally got mine. I also bought a safe there several years ago. And, if you like Glocks and qualify, I believe their 'Blue Label' prices are hard to beat. The only downside I've seen recently is the limited number of handguns in stock (other than Glock).
    I will say that we do our best to get you what you want and need at a very reasonable price. Please come and see us we will do our best.

wvfatboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I actually had the same experience a couple weeks ago. After I got in my vehicle I thought what if I was returning a gun there for warranty? Wonder how that would go ???

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was at a local gun show last month and found a somewhat unusual 1911 and waited for the table owners to respond to my several waves at them. No waving could get them away from the booth babes that they were more interested in and I walked.

I figured that if a 1911 sale with a 30+% uplift over a going price was less important than paying for their many tables, they were there to schmooze.

As far as the OP's issue I would have brought the rifle to them and asked if it was for sale and told them I wanted it.

Babalu

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can attest to this, they always treat me well. They had the best price from Defuniak to ft. Walton on Glock’s. I went in, was looking for a firearm, but nothing fit my large hand. One gentleman called me 2 hours later told me about a pistol that he just got in, he said I think it will fit. I made it in just before they closed, he was correct it fit like a glove. Needless to say I left with another pistol. ( to bad all of them were lost in a boating accident).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom