Patriot Mobile

If I loose one more friggin detent or small spring... I'm gonna SNAP.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You'll always find a lost object in the last place you look, so go look there first, problem solved.

I have my bride build em. I'm too klutz. She enjoys it. Bought her own tools too.
    If you get the kids and grand-kids building them too, technically that is a sweat shop....lol

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I started using this little gizmo for installing the front takedown detent and haven't lost one since (knock wood).
    gizmo.jpg

hallb

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I've just bought a couple of cheaper LPK's and throw all the parts in a tupperware, when a spring goes flying I don't even bother, just reach in the tupperware and grab another!

I also have that tools that War-Buff posted above, works pretty good once you get it figured out. Problem is it's not like I use it everyday, so every time I whip it out it's like learning how to use it all over again.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've just bought a couple of cheaper LPK's and throw all the parts in a tupperware, when a spring goes flying I don't even bother, just reach in the tupperware and grab another!

I also have that tools that War-Buff posted above, works pretty good once you get it figured out. Problem is it's not like I use it everyday, so every time I whip it out it's like learning how to use it all over again.
    I'm like you, I got a ton of small AR spare parts...springs, detents,pins. This particular spring was from my wife's 380EZ that I cerakoted for her. So it wasn't as simple as that... and it was one of those springs no one has. I to scour the internet to find it. It should be coming in today.

epointer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I use a knife to hold the detent and spring in place then I put the pivot pin while holding pressure on the knife

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If I can get 10 or more that want to have a class on working on Ar.s I will set one up one, 40 bucks a head will include a manual and A four piece kit that keep you from losing parts and how to use them , Now what makes me able to do this 50 plus working on them a having been to a colt M16 ,,Ar 15 Armors school, to get the price of paper. This so I don't get banned for wanting to say I didn't know how meanly ======== ones we have here on the from. I know i will be call out for this. So kept using U- tube Just my 5 cents jj

Josh03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I always keep spare ar parts when I do lose one I just replace it and I always run across the one I lost a few days later don't sweat the small things
    If I can get 10 or more that want to have a class on working on Ar.s I will set one up one, 40 bucks a head will include a manual and A four piece kit that keep you from losing parts and how to use them , Now what makes me able to do this 50 plus working on them a having been to a colt M16 ,,Ar 15 Armors school, to get the price of paper. This so I don't get banned for wanting to say I didn't know how meanly ======== ones we have here on the from. I know i will be call out for this. So kept using U- tube Just my 5 cents jj
    I always wanted to go to school of the American rifle class if you haven't seen him on YouTube look him up he is one of the best builders and trouble shooters I seen

Top Bottom