• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Looks like it's going to 1 second per point down. Thoughts?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443563538.453729.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443563538.453729.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443563538.453729.jpg
      123.1 KB · Views: 191
    Last edited:

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the same shooters will still be winning the matches. It won't change how I shoot the stages. Good news is that Practiscore is already implementing the new 1 second per point into their software!

wags68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The question I want to know is: what are the classification scores going to be? If they stay the same, I will be "Novice" for sure.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "we are responsible for every round that leaves our gun"

does that make the HNT 25 seconds penalty or a DQ?

since we like to play pretend gunfight, do we get to play pretend jail and court trials? we already have match lawyers! ("in a real gunfight, you.....yada..yada.. yada...")

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "we are responsible for every round the leaves our gun"

does that make the HNT 25 seconds penalty or a DQ?

since we like to play pretend gunfight, do we get to play pretend jail and court trials? we already have a lawyer!
    I was reading the same comments on IDPA think tank and another forum.
    How realistic do we want it to be? Are they just wanting to separate farther from other disciplines?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll be honest, when/if this goes into effect, it'll probably drive me away from IDPA almost completely. The penalty for inaccuracy will cause me to slow down so much that it won't be as fun for me. I realize that it's a different game than USPSA, but I enjoy going fast.

I understand what they are doing, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I would just greatly prefer other types of action pistol shooting over it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    One suggestion I read was to lengthen the stages so that people who prefer speed a little more than accuracy could still compete. If the whole issue is accuracy why not just make your NT and misses count a full second. Hits in the 3 ring in "real world" would still be hits.
    I do agree with Jeep in that part of the fun of shooting in competition is the "go fast" factor.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I was reading the same comments on IDPA think tank and another forum.
    How realistic do we want it to be? Are they just wanting to separate farther from other disciplines?

actually, the "other" discipline makes more sense when it comes to self-defense. notice the head of the target has A zone (brain area) and B zone. in IDPA, a mouth shot is a perfect shot. think 50 cents lol. the "others" also emphasize more on "Power Factor" of other cartridges such as the popular law enforcement caliber .40 S&W. IDPA devalues this potent cartridge and puts it in the same category as 125,000 power factor. the result of this rule is contradicting the "original intent" which is shooting full power loads. that means people are downloading the .40 cartridge to something similar to a rodent's fart and it is completely IDPA legal.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I don't always shoot well, but when I do, I shoot accurately, not fast. Like LAV, I welcome the change.
    I may have to go do USPSA once in a while so I can see my friends. Or maybe PTAC 2 gun. THAT looks like fun.
    I'm interested to see Jeb's take on it.

Last edited:

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Who downloads a .40 in idpa? If you're doing that, you're wasting time and energy. There's no place for the .40 in idpa. USPSA is where the .40 is downloaded in order to "major". I don't think the scoring change will make a lick of difference to who places high and who places low. The better shooters will adapt.....one thing it will do is allow time for a make up shot where its not efficient now. Thats a good change. Downside to me is potential impact it may have on beginning shooters who are "accuracy challenged". Will they be dissapointed and turn to USPSA sooner? I agree with Chris, shooting both now may be better for our overall development as shooters. Accuracy, idpa. Speed, uspsa. Power? CDP and Limited major!

Last edited:

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Already been said on here and I agree, IT'S A GAME, quit screwing with the rules IDPA HQ every 15 minutes. I'm already getting called a NAZI for trying imposing them as written because apparently not many local shooters care to learn or desire to follow them as written. Over heard recent quote, "I just came out here to have some fun, not to have some "IDPA rules expert" jack me up with all these rules!" Well rules are rules but this one like the flat foot reload is doomed to die a slow painful death is my prediction, after of course many shooters abandon our sport/game. We need rules but this "real world gunfight" excuse mantra is BS as many of you know, unless all misses or NT hits equal immediate DQ (simulating death or legal nightmare) because in the "real world...." IMNSHO

Latest posts

Top Bottom