• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In case you didn't get enough rounds down range last few weeks, there is an IDPA match on DEC 28 @ Tristate Gun Club located in Daleville AL. IMO, they hold the best IDPA matches in the area. 8 separate bays so squads don't have to wait for other squads to clear. 5-6 stages including a shoot house. scoring is electronic so match results is instant. prices to top finishes.

match fee: $10
    setup start: 8am
    shoot start: 10am

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks like fun, unfortunately I won't be able to make it. I plan on getting up there sometime in the next couple months, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    same here. would love to try out different clubs, but can't this weekend. we need to get together and try out a different club each month.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    there is always next time. they host an IDPA match every 4th Sunday. Club hopping yay!

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Really sounds like a great place to shoot but 161 miles is alittle far for me. Sure wish it was closer.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Google is showing 89 miles from Shalimar. 1h 49mins driving time....

map.JPG

Attachments

• map.JPG
      map.JPG
      162.1 KB · Views: 174

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Didn't miss much if you couldn't attend........match rained out before we could complete first stage. But not a total loss. The gang from FL shot plates in the rain and mud to scratch our itch. New guns to be tried by all, Nighthawk Enforcer, Kimber pro Tactical 9mm, and STI 9mm. (All sweet btw). Next Tristate match 4th Sunday in January will be 2 gun pistol/shotgun as per old idpa dmg rules.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From the TriState forum:
    Well, in spite of what Weather.com said, rain on Sunday didn't wait until 1 or 2, it started about 10:30 am and rained off and on all day.

We had it set up and were shooting when the rain started, so I had to cancel the match. Seemed like it would have been pretty good, if we had gotten to finish it.

Oh well, those stages will be brought back for the February IDPA Match, because the January IDPA Match is a 2-Gun match featuring pistol and shotgun (shot shell only).

I will announce round counts within a week or so, when I get the stages finalized.

Since IDPA dropped Defensive Multi-Gun, I can change the rules or categories to suit our shooters.

There will be 3 categories : Stock Service Gun, which is a pump shotgun loaded with 5 rounds or less and a Stock Service Pistol or Stock Service Revolver
    Enhanced Service Gun, which is using either a semi-auto shotgun or a pump or semi-auto shotgun with an Enhanced or Custom Pistol
    Tactical Gun, which is a shotgun holding more than 5 rounds and any pistol or revolver

I will treat the match like it is a DOT Match, which means modified vickers scoring, no scenarios, and easier rules

Should be interesting. I might need to break out my Beretta 390 and shoot enhanced...

What does DOT match mean?

Last edited:

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What does DOT match mean?

Defensive Offensive Tactical

DOT Pistol Rules & Regs, Sort of
    Gun Categories & Reloads:
    Categories: Production Maximum of 10 rounds per magazine
    Enhanced Full magazine capacity
    Single Stack Maximum of 8 rounds per magazine
    CCW Maximum of 7 rounds per magazine, for-real concealed
    Open Optics, Full magazine capacity
    You may carry as many mags as you wish and may reload whenever and wherever you choose while shooting a stage.
    Targets:
    The IDPA targets are scored for the best 2 hits on target. The D-1 or Tombstone targets are scored for the best 3 hits on target.
    Each required hit that is not in one of the 0 (zero) zones receives Accuracy Penalty points, according to placement on the target (-1, -3, -5 for IDPA targets and (-1, -3, -5) for Tombstone targets. Each AP point adds one second to your time.
    Each target without a hit in one of the -1 or 0 zones will be considered as a Failure to Neutralize and will receive a 5-second penalty in addition to the AP points. Each target without a hit in any zone will be considered as a Failure to Engage and will receive a 10-second penalty in addition to the AP points.
    Every hit on a No-Shoot is a 10-second penalty, and each Procedural Error is a 3-second penalty.
    For a shot that goes through one target and continues on to hit another target or No-Shoot, you get the credit or the penalty for both targets. In other words, a shoot-through counts.
    Target Engagement:
    Without being super picky about it, you must make an effort to engage targets in a Tactical manner.
    For the purposes of this match, this means from cover if available or while moving.
    Targets are to be engaged as they become available to you (slicing the pie from cover or near-to-far otherwise).
    While moving from a cover position and engaging targets, you must not expose yourself to more than TWO targets at the same time (the one you are currently engaging and the next target). This means don’t run out in the middle of a bank of targets to try to get them all. Avoid over-exposure so that you aren’t left hanging.
    While moving when cover is not available, engage targets from Near-to-Far.
    If you are moving to engage targets, all shots and reloads are to be done while you are in motion. A flat-footed shot or a flat-footed reload while you are supposed to be moving will earn you a Procedural penalty.

1 point down = 1 sec penalty :rockon:

Top Bottom