• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ammodave

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe I have more money than good sense but I think I need a genuine Colt SAA. I already have a couple of SA Rugers and an Uberti but no real Colt. Looking for a 4 5/8 or 5 1/2 barrel in 45 Colt. What can I expect to pay for good condition shooter? I checked GB but their prices scared me.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Maybe I have more money than good sense but I think I need a genuine Colt SAA. I already have a couple of SA Rugers and an Uberti but no real Colt. Looking for a 4 5/8 or 5 1/2 barrel in 45 Colt. What can I expect to pay for good condition shooter? I checked GB but their prices scared me.

If you want the genuine article, unfortunately you will be forking over the Benjamins. A new Colt's MSRP is $1800. Prices vary pretty wildly on the private market - condition, manufacture date, barrel length, caliber, so on and so forth all factor into the price.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    If you want the genuine article, unfortunately you will be forking over the Benjamins. A new Colt's MSRP is $1800. Prices vary pretty wildly on the private market - condition, manufacture date, barrel length, caliber, so on and so forth all factor into the price.
    It is a terrible habit. SAA Colts can be as addictive, expensive and fun as drinking in strip clubs. But if you have the $$
    of course YMMV

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Yep, a Colt SAA would be nice to own, but if you are wanting to have shooters, then the Uberti/Cimarron and Rugers are as good as you get without emptying your bank account. Personally, I would like to have a Colt SAA just to have one, but I would want an older production. I will not have one for a while, if ever, due to the cost associated with them. I have a gorgeous Cimarron Pistolero (made by Uberti) which is a fine .45LC revolver and, in my opinion, every good as a Colt, but much cheaper. I would say, if you are dead set on having a Colt SAA and can afford put out a chunk of cash, then get one. Otherwise, I would put it on your wish/bucket list and enjoy the revolvers you have.

DSC00103.JPG

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Glad I got in before prices went totally nuts. I only paid kind of nutty prices for my SAA's. I bought a 7.5 SAA from Grab A Gun for about $1700 after transfer fees a couple of years ago. Good luck finding one under $2k now.

The current Colt 3rd Generation SAAs are very well made and correctly assembled. The 1980s through the late 1990s were not goods years for Colt.

But 2000 and newer guns tend to be good or even great, yes expensive, shooters.

Sometimes you can find a commemorative model of some sort and save a few bucks. I have a brace of the 125th anniversary of Colt SAAs made in 1961 (my birth year) with gaudy gold plating on the frame, cylinder pin, hammer and trigger. But, they shoot pretty darn good.

My oldest is a beat up 45 from 1902.

I have a Cimarron model p in 44 special that shoots like a laser pointer. I have Pistolero 45 that I don't think I could hit the side of a barn with, standing inside the barn.

I bought a display model Uberti Cattleman from a Dicks sporting goods store a few years ago, and that thing is also a joy to shoot. I put a Belt Mountain cylinder pin in it and tightened up the cylinder play, and it shoots POA.

SAAs and clones multiply like rabbits.

That USFA that was in the classifieds recently should have made someone's day.

The mid-size frame Ruger Vaqueros are nice guns, for half the price of a Colt or less. But, they just don't have that 4 click pizazz!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep, a Colt SAA would be nice to own, but if you are wanting to have shooters, then the Uberti/Cimarron and Rugers are as good as you get without emptying your bank account. Personally, I would like to have a Colt SAA just to have one, but I would want an older production. I will not have one for a while, if ever, due to the cost associated with them. I have a gorgeous Cimarron Pistolero (made by Uberti) which is a fine .45LC revolver and, in my opinion, every good as a Colt, but much cheaper. I would say, if you are dead set on having a Colt SAA and can afford put out a chunk of cash, then get one. Otherwise, I would put it on your wish/bucket list and enjoy the revolvers you have.
    I have a SS Ruger .45 Colt and the SS Cimarron in .45 will definitely be in my safe some day.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have had a strong pull for a Colt SAA, in 38 or 357; 5-1/2 or shorter barrel, for a couple of months now. Just because I have those calibers and don't want 45LC or some other new caliber to stock.

But the prices currently are out of what I want to pay; I have a couple of Ruger SAs in 357 and 22, so I can scratch the itch - but anytime I consider getting a true clone, I know I would be better off putting that money to a Colt, since I would end up there anyway.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have a saa cattleman by mitchell arms in .45 colt. Im trying to find an extra cylinder for .45acp or find a smaller caliber cylinder that I could have bored out to .45acp.

Top Bottom