Target Sports

I need a new corded drill. Milwaukee or DeWalt?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Advantages of 2500 rpm over 800/850 rpm or disadvantages?

I know this is like Ford vs Chevy, but what about these two pictured drills? Only $10.00 difference in price. Both have the front handle.

Thanks guys for some direction.

Attachments

• BEE34AB5-8761-4B45-B0E8-A478843F7F01.jpeg
      BEE34AB5-8761-4B45-B0E8-A478843F7F01.jpeg
      4.6 MB · Views: 77
    • DDCCF3DB-1BBB-48D6-8746-A03A24659999.jpeg
      DDCCF3DB-1BBB-48D6-8746-A03A24659999.jpeg
      4.3 MB · Views: 75
    • 0C2296FB-A88B-45D6-8CB5-244ABAEDAA8B.jpeg
      0C2296FB-A88B-45D6-8CB5-244ABAEDAA8B.jpeg
      4.6 MB · Views: 84

Djbama89

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    I’m a die Milwaukee man thick an thin it I will say I use a dewalt at work to mix thinset an they have always held up so it’s a tuff call in my Opinion

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    if its six of one and half a dozen of the other i would pick milwaukee just to be a contrarian. also easier to spot your own drill amongst other gears. yeller tools everywhere.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m a die Milwaukee man thick an thin it I will say I use a dewalt at work to mix thinset an they have always held up so it’s a tuff call in my Opinion
    Same here all Milwaukee got a friend that works in the plant in MS... I just about have everything they make that takes a battery. I get really good deals. :)

Wish they would make a Battery powered riding mower because I would buy it right now...

The only thing we own that uses gas is the car and truck and a backpack blower. I have a very long paved road at the property and you just can't beat a backpack blower. It's an Echo.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There’s probably not a noticeable difference between the two. I’d probably go Milwaukee because of the longer warranty. Probably won’t need it but nice to have. But honestly the difference between 800 and 1000 rpm is probably nothing. Probably lol I’d go Ryobi because that is my budget and it gets the job done every time.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    There’s probably not a noticeable difference between the two. I’d probably go Milwaukee because of the longer warranty. Probably won’t need it but nice to have. But honestly the difference between 800 and 1000 rpm is probably nothing. Probably lol I’d go Ryobi because that is my budget and it gets the job done every time.
    I really don't need one this powerful, lol, but I smoked a 4 amp Ryobi so I want to get me a DRILL this time, lol. Hopefully it will be the last one I have to buy.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    What's your main use for it?
    I'm a DeWalt guy. Dad had it when I was a kid, so I followed suit. If I had to start over, the Milwaukee cordless line is stellar.
    That said, I'll only use a Makita angle grinder. It's fan and vent shoots debris away from you. My DeWalt will throw it in your face. Guard off. Shoot me......haha.

It's all about feel too.

Last edited:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I really don't need one this powerful, lol, but I smoked a 4 amp Ryobi so I want to get me a DRILL this time, lol. Hopefully it will be the last one I have to buy.
    Then get a Makita lol. I have some Milwaukee but if I have the money it is Makita. My Makita recip saw and hammer drill and circular saw are freakin awesome. Got turned onto them when I lived in Japan and love them.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Then get a Makita lol. I have some Milwaukee but if I have the money it is Makita. My Makita recip saw and hammer drill and circular saw are freakin awesome. Got turned onto them when I lived in Japan and love them.
    I'll check them out. Thanks

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Before you read my post please understand that I am not trying to start a power tool war as most people are loyal to their tool brands and stick with them.I sell both at my work, both are heavy duty and should last a homeowner a lifetime. Now in real life Milwaukee customer service is not so good as I said I deal with them daily. The five year warranty from Milwaukee is great until you need them to warranty a product then roll the dice, again my experience yours may be different. I am not pro DeWalt or Milwaukee only giving my daily experience with each, both have great products. The 235G DeWalt in the pic is a tried and true drill that seldom has issues, again just stating my experience. Pick up each drill and hold them in your hands and pick which one fits you better. Sorry for the long post on a simple decision and again as stated nothing against either brand personally.

Last edited:

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    my vote is for the milwaukee just cause the name is American. dewalt sounds french to me. other than that i own black n decker.
    but thats just me.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Thank you everyone. I went with the DeWalt. I was a very tough decision. My father was born in Milwaukee, lol, and I kinda wanted to go Milwaukee because of that, but in the end I bought the DeWalt. Thank you everyone for all of your replies. I love GCGF if nothing else, just for stuff like this.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    my vote is for the milwaukee just cause the name is American. dewalt sounds french to me. other than that i own black n decker.
    but thats just me.
    Black and decker owns DeWalt.
    Nothing is American anymore. It's all china or Taiwan. At least DeWalt has Americans here assembling those overseas parts.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Glad to hear you're happy with your choice, just FYI DeWalt is a brand name of Stanley Black & Decker.
    Yes, I knew that. Popular Mechanics had an article about that years ago when they made the switch. The Milwaukee drill that I was looking at is made in China. Just no way to get American made anymore.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I only said Milwaukee because their cordless stuff is amazing and ive been using it for years for work (so is Makita).Not much difference at the end of the day imo.

Last edited:

bowona13

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RIGID Lifetime Warranty Tool and Batteries!

Top Bottom