• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfisher66

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Live in Crestview, work on Eglin trying to find time to and a nice place to shoot. (Oh and boxes of .357, yeah right!)

pcfisher66

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've thought about looking at ST, I'm tired of the indoor ranges. A couple of guys as work shoot up in AL.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    shoal river, I don't shoot there due to the price and rifle range makes you shoot through pipes, seldom even see anyone there employees included, call first....I suggest you check it out yourself. Up outside of Wing Al in the Natl Forrest there is a range, very nice and it is $20 a year. makes for a pleasant 45 min drive

pcfisher66

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    shoal river, I don't shoot there due to the price and rifle range makes you shoot through pipes, seldom even see anyone there employees included, call first....I suggest you check it out yourself. Up outside of Wing Al in the Natl Forrest there is a range, very nice and it is $20 a year. makes for a pleasant 45 min drive

My neighbor told me about the National Forrest and I found out a couple of guys at work go there some, the price is good too, I think I'll have to check it out now.

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks for the info about the Conecuh Shooting Range, I was just looking for a place where they allow you to set up your own steel targets to shoot at, and looks like this one might be the closest. Are there any additional requirements if you are not an AL resident to be able to shoot there?

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I also checked out the conecuh range and shot there last week. Plan on going up again today to test out some loads I am working up. A little further to drive but I like the cost and the fact that I can shoot as fast as I want to practice for cowboy action or steel challenge.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I got my permit online

What permit did you buy? It says you need an Alabama Hunting license and for state of Florida residents it's $325. Am I missing something?

BTW, Southern Tactical is pretty nice, they ranges out to 1000 yards and the 100 yard range also has a 50 yard berm in it if you need something closer to shoot.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    What permit did you buy? It says you need an Alabama Hunting license and for state of Florida residents it's $325. Am I missing something?

BTW, Southern Tactical is pretty nice, they ranges out to 1000 yards and the 100 yard range also has a 50 yard berm in it if you need something closer to shoot.

Have not been there - but Usually it is a hunting or fishing license.

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Do you know if they will let non-members shoot at their steel targets? I've heard they have some restrictions on those

makats

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Frank, is that the Non-Resident WMA permit for $18.70?
    You don’t need a hunting license?
    Have you ever been checked while there?

I pulled up their website and it looks like its nonresident AL hunting licence OR WMA permit so us Floridians should be good with just the permit! Going to try and check them out later this month.

Top Bottom