• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    How are you gonna know when to feel guilty about being white? You need those super intellectual shoe shining ass kissing news reporter’s to tell you how to feel and what to feel.

wildrider666

Master
    I get it and have reduced exposure in the past, but still tracted the pulse of what was going on, I didn't dig into details. Local news may be enough and condensed. Blinders too tight and you may feel much worse if you or the family encounter crap in your yard or where you travel. News, as bad as it is, still reflects the best or worst of what's going on. Not great G2/intel but better than a blind eye. VMMV

FrommerStop

Master
    The two relevant proverbs are: 1-What you do not not know will not hurt you. 2-No matter what I think or do, nothing that I do matters.

FLT

Master
    I had a young lady that worked for me some years back that had a unique way of dealing with news. If someone started telling her about a disaster, she would ask them if it happened within 50 miles of us , if they answered no she’d ask if she knew the folks involved , if that answer was no . She’d say then there’s nothing I can do to help and I’d prefer not to hear about it. Doing so will just make me feel bad all day for nothing. —— she was wise beyond her years in my opinion.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Proverb 3:
    Listen to the wind if its blowing and the geese will fly by my house before Thursday if the water is on the low tide of detergent since then. "Joe Biken."

Last edited:

bohica793

Master
    Before CNN and the advent of the twenty four hour "news" overload, there was 30 mins of national news followed by 30 mins of local news, both of which were limited to what really mattered. Now with so much time to fill, they have to dig up anything they can. This has created an entire generation of idiots who both consume this crap and hope to be a part of it.

Ain't technology wonderful?

Raven

Master
    Don't watch the "fake news" 80% of it is twisted by what ever talking head is opening their mouth. I sometimes watch BBC you almost get actual news, almost.
    A lot of people link to British news sources

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-003443_YouTube.jpg
      Screenshot_20200807-003443_YouTube.jpg
      99.2 KB · Views: 80
    • Screenshot_20200806-203747_YouTube.jpg
      Screenshot_20200806-203747_YouTube.jpg
      114.6 KB · Views: 85

FrommerStop

Master
    A lot of people link to British news sources
    I used to listen to them at night on shortwave. I assume they would be like our domestic mass media, but if they are offering objective news, then I should listen to them.
    When driving I switch between the local conservative AM and NPR FM stations and i hear quite opposite statements that are made by both points of view. Sometimes I think that they are talking about different planets lol.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    When you finally realize and accept that the news, no matter what station, is all propaganda, then you'll be happier. Stop watching it. Find your news sources online and double check their info against other sources. The majority of media you consume is owned by a total of 6 companies. That's 6 companies that control the news to the ENTIRE nation. Let that soak in. Their narratives and political ideals are pushed onto you, whether you like it or not.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    There was a time that I quit watching the news, I took the blue pill and lived in blissful ignorance. Now that I have kids I follow the news again. Not that I believe anything that is stated but follow just to track the agenda that’s pushed. Take the red pill and stand up for what’s right.

skyydiver

Marksman
    There was a time that I quit watching the news, I took the blue pill and lived in blissful ignorance. Now that I have kids I follow the news again. Not that I believe anything that is stated but follow just to track the agenda that’s pushed. Take the red pill and stand up for what’s right.

I’ve travelled the same road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meljel1

Expert
    me too, I do believe it is wise to be aware of what is going on. Think about it, ponder it, research is, question it and don't always believe everything you hear, or read. But to be informed.

Top Bottom