DK Firearms

I caught the air gun bug. Now I have a break-barrel to feed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've had my Crosman 2240 for a while now, and got my first squirrel of the season with it. I have some life changes going on, and didn't plan on a new addition for a while. But, when my job at Bass Pro Shops awarded me with a gift card, and this Hatsan .22 showed up on clearance, here we are. I already have ammo, targets, and time, so I plan on spending some quality time this fall and winter catching up on my small game recipes.
    20211022_154806.jpg

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Write ups say the trigger in Adj. ?? after playing with it,let us know what you got the breaking wt. down to .

mac the knife

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    For me and my older” Benjamin Trail” woden stock , break barrel piston .22 The RWS Super Dome are the most accurate.
    They are very consistently made.
    Git them for Pyramid Air.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congrats on the new Hatsan, they look like a nice break barrel. I've got a few airguns, break barrel's, PCP's, Co2 and SSP's. Can't get the crosman pellets to shoot accurate out of any of them. Every airgun I buy has to go through a test with different pellets. I have found the Air Arms diabolo field to be the most accurate in both my pcp's (one is 22 and one is 177 but both love the air arms). All the others like different pellets such as Meisterkugeln, H&N FTT's etc, but as I said, for really good accuracy I don't have any that likes the crosman's. Even the Avenger which almost always gives 1 hole groups at 35 yards and close to that at 50 yards can't keep groups consistently under 1/2 inch, usually larger, at 35 yards with crosmans. I picked up a 2240 last week and am still pellet testing it, but not even bothering with crosmans. I have too many better pellets around in 22 to try them.

The only exception I have found is the crosman domes that come in the cardboard box with 1250 pellets per box. They shoot reasonably well but still not up to what I see with other brands.

Reactions: sj1

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    *** don't waste money on Daisy pellets, utter crap.
    When ya get ready for a pcp, let me know I can hook ya up!

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks, I'm liking it so far. That's one of the reasons I got into airguns. Testing different ammo doesn't wipe out my bank account. The last bunch of pellets I bought cost under $50, for 1100 rounds, 4 different types.
    I haven't had any problems with Crosman hp's, but, as always, "results may vary". I'm still testing. It's a tough job, but it could be worse

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since you're buying from pyramyd already try using the code GATEWAY-PYRAMYD. With that you still get the buy 4 pay for 3 and also get 10% off and the ones you are paying for. Works on guns and other accesories too. When I ordered the 2240 a few weeks ago they had a free shipping offer, they give you one or the other. So either free shipping or 10% off whichever gives the better discount.

Reactions: sj1

CenturyMk3

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Once you try 25. And .30 cal airguns you'll only wanna go bigger. I shoot more airguns than powder now simply on ammo and backyard able sound.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the advice and recommendations. I can see this escalating. My squirrel hunting this year has been exclusively with air guns, and I've compared performance and prices on bigger calibers. Not to mention additions and mods for the ones I have. Check out the hunting section again, by the way.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Pyramyd Air is where I got my 2240, and most of my pellets. I love their "buy 4, pay for 3" pellet deal. I usually get a tin of Crosman hp, with whatever else I'm buying.
    Yes I buy most of my pellet's and slugs from this place. I probably have over a million pellets in stock all different cal's.

Top Bottom