• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He posted up some Cerakote yesterday. I'm interested in the hydrodip.

Blue Eye Buck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, Blue Eye Buck is certified in water transfer (hydro dipping). We specialize in firearms, however, we dip many other products.

We cerakote with H Series on firearms, baked on finish. We follow full guidelines: Clean product, sandblast, gas out the product, follow guidelines for the specific color requested, then bake. Specialize in firearms, cerakoted other products as well.

We also powder coat

Located in Ellyson Park off Copter in Pensacola. Division of 2020 Manufacturing where we manufacture the Katy Bar.
    www.Katybar.com

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are certified for Hydro dipping. Do you want to dip a firearm or other product?

Not sure yet. Nothing in the immediate hopper, as I didn't know anyone in area was doing dips. I'll come up with something, I'm sure.

What's durability of dip versus say the old style "paint" finish you used to get OEM? I have a 20+ year old Benelli that gets pretty regular use and the factory camo finish still looks really good.

I'm interested in you door bar as well.

Blue Eye Buck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not sure yet. Nothing in the immediate hopper, as I didn't know anyone in area was doing dips. I'll come up with something, I'm sure.

What's durability of dip versus say the old style "paint" finish you used to get OEM? I have a 20+ year old Benelli that gets pretty regular use and the factory camo finish still looks really good.

Cerakote vs Hydrographics​

Cerakote is a coating and finish hybrid that is ceramic-based. It can be applied to polymers, plastics, metals, and wood, and is often used to help improve the physical performance of firearms. While it is true that Cerakote is available in a varied array of colors, it is equally true that the finish is prioritized because of its ability to improve wear resistance, chemical resistance, corrosion resistance, and impact strength. If you’re looking for something to genuinely protect your gun from wear and tear then Cerakote is likely your best bet.

Hydrographics, on the other hand, is a coating process that can be used to leave intricate designs and patterns on a firearm. It can really take your gun to a whole new level and gives your creativity free rein to create something intimately personal and eye-catchingly unique. It is a great option for individuals more interested in improving the appearance rather than the durability of their gun. Hydrographics can be used on the following materials:

• Glass
    • Metals
    • Plastics
    • Hardwoods
    Your design is then sealed with a clear finish that helps keep it bright, clear, and flawless for years to come.

I’ve not worked with OEM. My experience is cerakote applied properly is the most durable.

The Vault Katy Bar is absolutely the strongest door lock on the market. 4,750 lbs of pressure didn’t dent, break or harm the door lock. True security, not surveillance when minutes count. Made for in swinging or out swinging doors. The patented door lock and outer rail also secures the door against negative positive pressure.

Blue Eye Buck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here are two companies we’ve ordered film from. There are many others.

Cerakote has more than 200 colors in the H series.

Blue Eye Buck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can you do a wood look hydrodip on a synthetic stock and forend?
    Any examples?
    Thanks.
    Yes. We can pretty much dip anything that’s waterproof. If the object can’t be submersed in water then we can’t hydro dip, also depending on the size.

In the photo there are 2 wood look patterns hydro dipped on our door lock we manufacture. Many other patterns to choose from.

6BDD7FA5-2B05-4BAF-A254-6007C1AD593C.jpeg

Blue Eye Buck

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes. We can pretty much dip anything that’s waterproof. If the object can’t be submersed in water then we can’t hydro dip, also depending on the size.

In the photo there are 2 wood look patterns hydro dipped on our door lock we manufacture. Many other patterns to choose from.

View attachment 164686
    Sorry… we can hydro dip it… correction for the first paragraph.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    What's the cost on something like that? Shotgun stock and forend. Factory Remington plastic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom