• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just thinking....I don't know the dimensions of that thing or what it looks like inside. It might make one heck of a bomb proof man cave.
    If it floats it would make a good house boat/home.
    Below is the barge of Duncan Macleod the Highlander.

1600959559408.png

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    We had some salvage questions on the USCG 100T test waaaaay back when. 3 or 4 IIRC.
    But your right,these laws have to do with "open waters" or if the vessel is going to do more damage if not taken in tow. Been a good while for me. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After HM, there a couple dozen power and sail boats well grounded in the marshes and partially submerged around our bay and Lagoon. Over time they were Tagged with Notices and number searched for last registered ownership. Some were stripped, of all value in a few weeks, others moved and some still sit as eyesores that won't rot away. The Panama City Marina was hammered too. A company was called in and the used barges with cranes to raise wrecks, barged them to shore. I don't know how the documentation or disposal went from there. More than likely fuel/oil was drained, HE crushed them with engines and mast going to recycling and the rest to the Landfill.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hauled out a boat that washed up on me,
    f9c1c9918942bb64f6076a343c2e1142.jpg

d0e6b433de9c882a28107f251a0e8293.jpg

That waterfront life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That boat has been in the water for awhile! No telling what's on the bottom of the bays right now.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After Ivan there was sorts things in the water and likely the same is true now.

We were hired after Ivan to drag shrimp nets across the bottom to clean up. Some of the fisherman said “it’s not enough money” I responded “you’ll clean it up with them paying you, paying for fuel, providing nets, or we can clean it up on our own during shrimp season” I cleaned up square miles of water ways, it was insane, I caught the entire roof of a house one time.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That boat has been in the water for awhile! No telling what's on the bottom of the bays right now.

It has, my brother hooked onto it while on his way back in today, it had washed into the middle of our little bayou. He drug it up to the launch and I drug it out from there.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's pretty cool, hopefully find some interesting stuff and not just trash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's pretty cool, hopefully find some interesting stuff and not just trash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We’ve found kayaks, a couple guys found jet skis, a floating dock, but mostly I found lumber. After Katrina I built a trailer for my 4-wheeler and drug lumber out of the marsh for months. I placed 10x10 piling on the ground and stacked 2x m6s,8s,10s,&12s flat 20+feet wide almost 7’ tall and then started another pile that reached 5’ and someone lite it all on fire. I put it out twice but he kept relighting it, he was upset that me and a few others were collecting it. It wasn’t his property, he didn’t even live nearby, just jealous I guess.
    It’s interesting what washes up sometimes.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We’ve found kayaks, a couple guys found jet skis, a floating dock, but mostly I found lumber. After Katrina I built a trailer for my 4-wheeler and drug lumber out of the marsh for months. I placed 10x10 piling on the ground and stacked 2x m6s,8s,10s,&12s flat 20+feet wide almost 7’ tall and then started another pile that reached 5’ and someone lite it all on fire. I put it out twice but he kept relighting it, he was upset that me and a few others were collecting it. It wasn’t his property, he didn’t even live nearby, just jealous I guess.
    It’s interesting what washes up sometimes.

I believe that is called beach combing.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I believe that is called beach combing.

It’s different when it’s in the water.

The worst thing to catch in a shrimp net is a palm tree, that thing simply won’t come out. I caught a dumpster once, multiple garbage cans, a safe, lawnmowers, TVs, coaches, recliners, I once had to help another boat that caught a Volkswagen Beetle, but it was mostly pilings, lumber, and household junk.

Scouting the marsh-line is mostly lumber, I sold almost 150 treated telephone poles, 8x8s, & 10x10s after Katrina. Averaged $40 per

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s different when it’s in the water.

The worst thing to catch in a shrimp net is a palm tree, that thing simply won’t come out. I caught a dumpster once, multiple garbage cans, a safe, lawnmowers, TVs, coaches, recliners, I once had to help another boat that caught a Volkswagen Beetle, but it was mostly pilings, lumber, and household junk.

Scouting the marsh-line is mostly lumber, I sold almost 150 treated telephone poles, 8x8s, & 10x10s after Katrina. Averaged $40 per

If you are selling any marine grade timber/lumbar this year I would gladly buy some.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are computer models out now for Tropical depression 26. It could be following the exact same tract as Hurricane Sally. It depends upon when it makes itsturn to the north east.

1601868111637.png

1601868279246.png

What I am not understanding is that they still have an Invest 92L out there in just about the same area.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There are computer models out now for Tropical depression 26. It could be following the exact same tract as Hurricane Sally. It depends upon when it makes itsturn to the north east.

View attachment 93827

View attachment 93828
    What I am not understanding is that they still have an Invest 92L out there in just about the same area.

No longer 92L it’s now tropical depression 26

Latest posts

Staff online

Top Bottom