• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I found a tiny Silver Lining to Sally flooding around my place. The standing water made a underground water pipe leak "push up" water/sand rather than just absorbing it below the surface. It was coming up through a crack in a walkway of 4 inch concrete. The main constant flow was from a irritation feed line that connects between the Street and House shut offs which is always under pressure. It had a small hole sending water almost straight up. Next to it i found a second leak from a bad coupling connection not seated with much depth or PVC cement which fed back yard irrigation. Only break I got was no rebar/wire in concrete. You can see the ground water level three days after Sally's rain dump. I had to put one of my pump in the hole to keep it dry long enough for repairs. I don't have a clue when the leaks started, the second Water Bill from now will tell me how bad they were.

20200917_143116.jpg

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    All the overcast and rain depleted my pond of oxygen. I came out this morning to 50+ catfish, Bass, tilapia, mullet, and brim floating, another dozen or so have died since. Sitting out here now blasting water in it to get em healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That bitch Sally's slow movement pushed the storm Surge a lot higher than they forecasted and it flooded my garage with 2 feet of nasty sound flood waters leaving behind a coating of brown muck when it receded. Since my HOA doesn't allow a shed in your yard my garage served as my shed so it had all my lawn equipment, camping equipment, and tools in it to include at least one Dewalt drill the fell victim to the flood waters. I'm still cleaning the muck out and off of everything and identifying what all was destroyed. I've heard flood insurance doesn't cover your garage so we'll see what happens when I file a claim!

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i have take a few days off from cleanup. sally was a bitch, for sure. one of my sheds got water in it and its been to rainy to pull the stuff out yet. got fans on it. just hope for the best and some good weather. that liar allen strum had said it would be clear and sunny all week. how do weathermen keep their jobs?

Attachments

• 20200917_111333.jpg
      20200917_111333.jpg
      2.7 MB · Views: 88

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A during the storm and after the water receded. The tan thing was someones flower bed further south of me.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
      IMG_0003.JPG
      1.8 MB · Views: 96
    • IMG_0013.JPG
      IMG_0013.JPG
      2.9 MB · Views: 92

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    oh, now we are going to get into competing storm photos.

where you located, baddog? i am west of robinsons point on blackwater bay

Attachments

• 20200916_140937.jpg
      20200916_140937.jpg
      81.5 KB · Views: 97
    • 20200916_161604.jpg
      20200916_161604.jpg
      3.1 MB · Views: 98

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has there been any records of Tornadoes that came with the Huricaine ?... I have wanted a 70 ft pine n back down for years.. ITs down but not the other trees 10 to 30 ft out from it,,, Then roof damage 70 ft from the pine that went down..... An yes I was caught off gaurd withother things an thought for sure the huricain had passed and was nothing to it.. I was wrong....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has there been any records of Tornadoes that came with the Huricaine ?... I have wanted a 70 ft pine n back down for years.. ITs down but not the other trees 10 to 30 ft out from it,,, Then roof damage 70 ft from the pine that went down..... An yes I was caught off gaurd withother things an thought for sure the huricain had passed and was nothing to it.. I was wrong....
    I have noticed with hurricanes the stronger winds seem to go in one place and not in another adjacent area. This seems most common in my limited experience with those storms that hang around for a while. Ivan did a lot of that. Since I do not see any blue roofs it is seems that Sally did not reach the intensity of Ivan in my neighborhood.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i have take a few days off from cleanup. sally was a bitch, for sure. one of my sheds got water in it and its been to rainy to pull the stuff out yet. got fans on it. just hope for the best and some good weather. that liar allen strum had said it would be clear and sunny all week. how do weathermen keep their jobs?

they can't get a job anywhere else!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would any of the laws of "salvage rights" come into play here ??
    If it was actually on my property,they just might have a hard time getting it back. --- SAWMAN
    It is abandoned and washed up on the shore. Salvage laws in such cases are tricky. There is no cargo to save. The vessel itself is in no danger and in fact is safe. More money to be made from suing if negligence and damage can be proven.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Would any of the laws of "salvage rights" come into play here ??
    If it was actually on my property,they just might have a hard time getting it back. --- SAWMAN
    I was just thinking....I don't know the dimensions of that thing or what it looks like inside. It might make one heck of a bomb proof man cave.

Top Bottom