• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The best hunt club is made up of members where about 75% are in the club to "say they are in a club" and maybe come to hunt twice a year... those are the kind of members hunt club managers love for obvious reason. The guy who steps out of his new pick up dressed like he just left a photo shoot for Cabela's, sits in a stand for an hour then goes back to camp for bacon and eggs, then sleeps until noon.

One year, a good friend of mine along with about ten other guys were booted from the club they had been in for years with zero reason given... and it was his brother-in-law who did it.

Like I said before, I've seen guys denied renewal simply because "they hunted too much" during the year...

Last edited:

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    And now we know why the other members left.

Who does not allow hunting during an open season?
    It’s clear to me you know absolutely nothing about game management, I don’t know why the state allows this county to harvest turkeys in the fall as the locals do not shoot them while deer hunting, there is prestige and reverence of taking a Big Tom in the spring by calling him in, not by shooting him in a plot over corn during deer season. I’ve always been associated with good ethical hunters and have always had a waiting list of people wanting to get in the club that have been on a waiting list of 5 years. This Solar Farm uncertainty of losing all the land in the next couple of years has caused this club to die. Has been 25 or 26 years of good times. All good things come to an end. Tried and true turkey hunters dream about success every spring and would never join a club that allows shooting them in the fall season as they know a spring season would likely be a waste of time

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It’s clear to me you know absolutely nothing about game management, I don’t know why the state allows this county to harvest turkeys in the fall as the locals do not shoot them while deer hunting, there is prestige and reverence of taking a Big Tom in the spring by calling him in, not by shooting him in a plot over corn during deer season. I’ve always been associated with good ethical hunters and have always had a waiting list of people wanting to get in the club that have been on a waiting list of 5 years. This Solar Farm uncertainty of losing all the land in the next couple of years has caused this club to die. Has been 25 or 26 years of good times. All good things come to an end. Tried and true turkey hunters dream about success every spring and would never join a club that allows shooting them in the fall season as they know a spring season would likely be a waste of time

It’s clear you know everything, and that has landed you in this situation.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Over the years I have been in 5 different clubs here in south Alabama (were turkey harvest is allowed in the fall) every one of these clubs did not allow a member to take turkeys during the fall season. Not sure why Alabama has this season in some counties but oh well. I used to love the spring turkey season but I never really thought about killing a turkey in the fall.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I’ve always been associated with good ethical hunters and have always had a waiting list of people wanting to get in the club that have been on a waiting list of 5 years.

This Solar Farm uncertainty of losing all the land in the next couple of years has caused this club to die.

Is there that much hunting opportunity in your area that folks would dismiss the opportunity to hunt your lease even though it might be short lived? I mean one in the hand is worth two in the bush and all that right?

Based on what you're posting I'm not sure that's the main problem... I think you have convinced yourself that it is.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy and can't see it.

Just purposing an alternative view, best of luck going forward.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Over the years I have been in 5 different clubs here in south Alabama (were turkey harvest is allowed in the fall) every one of these clubs did not allow a member to take turkeys during the fall season. Not sure why Alabama has this season in some counties but oh well. I used to love the spring turkey season but I never really thought about killing a turkey in the fall.

Same here... see plenty of Tom's in the Fall, zero interest, but I'm not really a turkey hunter anyway so...

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I never made a single rule, I organized the club and raised the money to pay the lease every year and handle the insurance. Every rule in this club was voted in by its club members, some rules were changed and modified over the years but always by the members of the club. So those that think I was a dictator and ran members off are completely ignorant. I managed the club according to the members wishes. As far as the turkey hunting is concerned, I don’t Turkey hunt, but “no killing of turkeys” during the fall season is how our members wanted it to be, all clubs in this area for many miles operate the same way. Showed a prospective member over the lease this afternoon, flushed several turkeys up driving through the property, beautiful sight to see. Can thank a company from Miami and APCO for causing a ruckus in our neighborhood for wanting to put a huge solar farm in my neck of the woods for loss of membership

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    In the fall some folks use a dog to scatter a flock then setup and try to call a bird to them.

Conclusion

As of this writing, 42 states offer fall turkey seasons, some of which extend into winter. Why not take advantage of these often underused opportunities to enjoy America’s No. 1 game bird? As die-hard fall hunters might tell you, a little probably won’t be enough, and you might soon yearn to travel to new areas for more autumn thrills.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m a member of the same hunting club going on 18 years now. We’ve had to replace the person in charge a couple of times. One because he and his son obeyed none of the rules , the second one because he convinced him self that he could make or change the rules as he saw fit. He was mistaken and the club members moved on with out him.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I’m a member of the same hunting club going on 18 years now. We’ve had to replace the person in charge a couple of times. One because he and his son obeyed none of the rules , the second one because he convinced him self that he could make or change the rules as he saw fit. He was mistaken and the club members moved on with out him.
    Good for ya’ll, I’ve wanted someone else to take the reins over the years but nobody would step up to the plate. I’ve paid the exact amount each year as all other members do to meet the lease payments plus I use three of my 15 tractors and a backhoe that’s added expense in fuel and equipment and implement repair each year, built many of the shooting houses and almost 30 gates out of my pocket not to mention all of the padlocks and built the clubhouse and incurred all of the expense on that. Wish I had all that investment back in one lump some, I did what it took to have a long term successful club. Got several clubs asking me to join simply because of my equipment and ability to build.and weld for them. Think I’m going to sit out the 2023-24 season and look for some rural property to buy and fix up for my grandkids. Stay tuned on a bunch of shooting house for sale, $100 a house

Reactions: FLT

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good for ya’ll, I’ve wanted someone else to take the reins over the years but nobody would step up to the plate. I’ve paid the exact amount each year as all other members do to meet the lease payments plus I use three of my 15 tractors and a backhoe that’s added expense in fuel and equipment and implement repair each year, built many of the shooting houses and almost 30 gates out of my pocket not to mention all of the padlocks and built the clubhouse and incurred all of the expense on that. Wish I had all that investment back in one lump some, I did what it took to have a long term successful club. Got several clubs asking me to join simply because of my equipment and ability to build.and weld for them. Think I’m going to sit out the 2023-24 season and look for some rural property to buy and fix up for my grandkids. Stay tuned on a bunch of shooting house for sale, $100 a house

Sounds like you offered a hell of a lot more than any other manager I've heard of, I'd love to have a partnership with someone that serious.

You sound like a guy who does as he says and says as he does... a rare quality now days, especially in the realm of hunting and hunt clubs.

Top Bottom