• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    880 acres in Covington County AL available, $10,300 needed to pay the lease within 2 weeks. Was part of a well established hunting club for the past 25 seasons and has been managed very well for deer and turkeys, no hogs on this land. Just trying to hold on to this property since I’ve had it for so long. If interested send me a PM. No camping on this land but the state park at Opp has camp sites and camping also available at Open Pond and Point A campgrounds

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    General location of lease

Attachments

• 97BE9216-2765-47ED-B7FB-A9F2BF4D5020.jpeg
      97BE9216-2765-47ED-B7FB-A9F2BF4D5020.jpeg
      340.8 KB · Views: 76

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Ok, here you guys go. Wanting to join a club? Tired of public use land?? Put those toy guns to use!
    I'll forward over to the members of my club and see if they want to join up another place to hunt.

Can my bride and I hunt on the same membership??
    6pt and above??

dirtingd

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    whats the per person rate

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Well we’d be starting from scratch as it is to save the lease, just what ever folks are willing to pay vs number of members that want to come onboard to pay the lease

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Because Dr “So & So” called some of his high society friends and pulled some strings to get half my club, the Dr has only been a club member for 3 years. Just last year I told him he had no authority to be calling club work days to fix up his favorite hunting spots just to benefit him, I’m too trusting of folks and should have seen the writing on the wall. His fancy friends put him in contact with timber company owner and he manipulated the lease out from under me. Upset all the members and only a few wanted to stay on and hunt with the other lease I still have. Should have kicked the Doc out shortly after he joined as I caught him several times on the club without being signed in during deer season. You just never know how greedy some people can be and then will pull $h:t like he did to get the lease out from under me. I’ve never had any complaints in all these years and always had a waiting list of people wanting to join the club, every year I have to turn folks away, lease is due in 2 weeks and not enough time to recruit members to save the little bit I got left

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Because Dr “So & So” called some of his high society friends and pulled some strings to get half my club, the Dr has only been a club member for 3 years. Just last year I told him he had no authority to be calling club work days to fix up his favorite hunting spots just to benefit him, I’m too trusting of folks and should have seen the writing on the wall. His fancy friends put him in contact with timber company owner and he manipulated the lease out from under me. Upset all the members and only a few wanted to stay on and hunt with the other lease I still have. Should have kicked the Doc out shortly after he joined as I caught him several times on the club without being signed in during deer season. You just never know how greedy some people can be and then will pull $h:t like he did to get the lease out from under me. I’ve never had any complaints in all these years and always had a waiting list of people wanting to join the club, every year I have to turn folks away, lease is due in 2 weeks and not enough time to recruit members to save the little bit I got left

Unfortunately what happened to you is happening all over the SE.

People who treat lease land as if their own no longer enjoy the loyalty of landowners, the guy with the fattest wallet generally wins now days, more so when the owner is a corporation vs. private individual.

Kind of hard not to be mad at the landowner when some dude comes along with a fat offer... money talks now days much more than in the past. There was a time a landowner wanted a long-term lease with the same folks, seems that's no longer the desired business model.

A co-worker recently lost a chunk of his lease simply because more $$$ was offered per acre. They had been hunting it for many years.

In other words, 1) larger tracts of land are getting harder to find; 2) fewer "average guys" can afford 1K-1,5K per year to join a lease PLUS the additional costs of travel and lodging; and 3) the per-acre cost is also going up because the more wealthy folks who fancy being a deer hunter are out bidding current lease prices.

It will not get better, it will get worse.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What's happening is very sad. I'd like to find something in Florida so I didn't have to drive 5.5 hours to hunt in MS like I have been doing.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Man, borrow the money from the bank if you have to. Don't lose the lease over only a few thousand bucks

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    You need to watch your 6 concerning what you do still control. Start asking questions with whoever you are involved with and lease from

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yeah some guys don't have $10,500 in cash that they're able to just throw around. He's asking for help, I'm just saying don't forget to ask the bank if he has to

I’d hate to see the interest and minimum loan time on a 10k signature loan...

I honestly doubt that’s even doable unless you put something high-dollar up as collateral.

Maybe if I had half-dozen solid commitments and just need to float the loan twelve months, but now days I’m sure such a loan would have a minimum requirement barring early pay off.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah some guys don't have $10,500 in cash that they're able to just throw around. He's asking for help, I'm just saying don't forget to ask the bank if he has to
    If he doesn't have the 10K now, what will magically change in the near future?

Seems unlikely that a bank would take on that risk for a lease. Obviously he could do a cash advance on a credit card, but really? For a hunting lease?

I just don't see it as smart financially for a hunting lease that doesn't generate any income.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Question... if you had five guys at say 2k each, does that mean community stands or do you run a club where people can homestead a stand?

What’s the limit there as far as club rules and state rules?
    All valid questions that would need legitimate answers.

Top Bottom