• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCHGN

Banned
    http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=423

7TH CIRCUIT LETS POSNER RULING STAND; HUGE WIN FOR CCW, SAYS SAF ...

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today won a significant victory for concealed carry when the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals let stand a December ruling by a three-judge panel of the court that forces Illinois to adopt a concealed carry law, thus affirming that the right to bear arms exists outside the home.

Good news for a change.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I imagine this will go all the way to the Supreme Court again before anything comes of it.
    At least it's one more step in the right direction.

CCHGN

Banned
    Well, as a result of 2 other suits: Moore vs Madigan and Shepard vs Madigan, Il. had 180 days to change their unConstitutional ban and come up with new gun laws that were in line with the 2A( didn't completely ban the right to carry a gun in public). I doubt the SCOTUS will hear any complaints from Ill to completely ban the carry in public.

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    I don't understand these idiots. I heard a police officer (high ranking) say on one of the talk shows that wise law enforment personel loved the idea of having trained and armed citizens as an extra layer of protection. I'm sure the ladies at the bank would be pleased to know that for the few minutes a week that I'm there, that they're a bit safer. It won't be long before here locally, a CC person will foil a bank robbery. Don't count on any media coverage though.

CCHGN

Banned
    Well, what's significant to me is, Illinois, and specifically Chicago, is Obammy's backyard, so he expected this to be the ground zero, the launching place for his nationwide gun ban, but it 'backfired' in his face.

Rebuilt

Marksman
    I have a ccw for the protection of my family and myself, not for a bank teller or conveince store clerk. I can't afford the possible litigation involved with stoping a robbery. Thats not to say if the need arose to defend another I wouldn't.

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    I loved how they went in depth on this to explain the definition of "bear". Huge difference in the right to bear arms and the right to have arms locked inside a safe in the home. It's nice to see someone with the guts to put the government on th edefensive. Now if we can get the rest of the "infringements" on the 2nd Amendment to be discarded we can really have some fun...rat a tat tat

Top Bottom