• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingramite

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just when I thought I had viewed the entire internet....

I'm officially retired now so on my first day I discovered this forum. A complete confession would reveal that I'm active on several other firearms and self defense forums. My primary interests now involve what exactly I'm going to do with all of this new found time on my hands.

I like handguns. Steel and wood in leather holsters. Hammer fired with either manual safeties (1911) or long double action pull triggers of revolvers (S&W).
    With that kind of resume you can probably tell that I've been around a minute or two. With that comes a healthy dose of stubbornness of a square headed Dutchman.
    All of that means that I have no interest in learning which plastic fantastic actually does offer "Perfection". However, I will politely smile and nod if you try to tell me about how your striker is safe and how I need to quit carrying my Government stuffed in my waistband without a holster.

My wife and three dogs, two cats, 6 goats, and Lord only knows how many rattlesnakes and scorpions are holding down a little piece of land here in the Texas Hill Country, about 95 miles due north of San Antonio (but still south of Interstate 10). I'm in charge of making sure every and all are well fed and happy...at all times.
    Axis Buck 7-10-18.jpg

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome aboard. Your a bit far from the Gulf Coast which could make you next Glock trade a bit inconvenient but we have Members spread out from military and job moves, work and still well connected here. Snoop around and jump in. Hate to dumping on a new Member but that's the ugliest goat I've ever seen, did you name him Chitial? Must be a Texas thing. Lol.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Welcome to the forum sir.
    We have retired people,Ta-has people,goat people,and non Glock people (all though I really don't trust them) hanging about.
    Feel free to impart some knowledge or ingest some knowledge,at your discretion. --- SAWMAN

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Don't mind those guys responses! However they are the brain trust and head of the GCGF think tank.
    So, welcome to the tank!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I didn't see this thread until now...Welcome...

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have to work in Texas from time to time and always enjoy it. Many a year ago I got my head busted open by a Texan with a 2x4 in a bar fight. I now take the warning on the bumper sticker "Don't mess with Texas" quite literally now. Welcome to the forum. Do you feed the rattlesnakes too? :confused:

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You talking to me? Just kidding.
    Welcome fellow Texan glad you’re here. I’m a Hill country transplant for now, lived in Ingram of all places awhile back.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yep left in 2000, FL needed 1 more vote for Bush,sure do miss it. Now am stuck in FL but it is OK a conservative area, guns everywhere and cheaper hunting than TX. These guys on the forum are good guys...enjoy

Rockola2004

Old Soul Gun Enthusiast
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I'm officially retired now so on my first day I discovered this forum. A complete confession would reveal that I'm active on several other firearms and self defense forums. My primary interests now involve what exactly I'm going to do with all of this new found time on my hands.

I like handguns. Steel and wood in leather holsters. Hammer fired with either manual safeties (1911) or long double action pull triggers of revolvers (S&W).
    With that kind of resume you can probably tell that I've been around a minute or two. With that comes a healthy dose of stubbornness of a square headed Dutchman.
    All of that means that I have no interest in learning which plastic fantastic actually does offer "Perfection". However, I will politely smile and nod if you try to tell me about how your striker is safe and how I need to quit carrying my Government stuffed in my waistband without a holster.

My wife and three dogs, two cats, 6 goats, and Lord only knows how many rattlesnakes and scorpions are holding down a little piece of land here in the Texas Hill Country, about 95 miles due north of San Antonio (but still south of Interstate 10). I'm in charge of making sure every and all are well fed and happy...at all times.
    View attachment 91082
    Welcome, I'm only in my mid-thirties but I only carry a government - and in my waistband - just like my Daddy did.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

View attachment 91082
    Welcome.
    I favor steel guns with safety also.
    A like couple of polymer guns but the frame mounted safety remains.
    Maybe we can claim minority affirmative action.
    Which animal is this?

Top Bottom