• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackgold

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Greetings and salutations!

I am currently moving from Texas to Florida (Orlando area), and I needed a new gun forum. This one looks pretty active and from what I've read most folks seem to have their heads screwed on straight. I've been a member on texasguntalk.com for nearly a decade now, but I wanted to find some folks that would be more 'local' to where I'm headed.

Main reason I started looking was to find some expertise to lean on to tell me difference in Fl and Tx laws. I have my licence to carry in Texas, and I know that Fl recognizes it, but I am wanting to get my Fl LTC or CCW, or whatever it's called in Fl..... Also, going to be looking for new gun stores in the area, and trying to figure out where the local ranges are.

BTW - y'all's buy sell trade section is a MADHOUSE!! I drive along the coast a good bit, hopefully I'll be able to get in on some of the action. :)

Have a good one!!

BG

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Welcome to the forum, great to have you! Renovations to this madhouse are in order though. Thanks

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Welcome to the Forum!

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WHere abouts in TX do you hail from?? WHat kind of range you looking for indoor?? out door??.. What kind of stuff do you intend to shoot.??

blackgold

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the forum, great to have you! Renovations to this madhouse are in order though. Thanks

Thank you!! Renovations?!?! Place looks great!! Cozy even! :p

WHere abouts in TX do you hail from?? WHat kind of range you looking for indoor?? out door??.. What kind of stuff do you intend to shoot.??

Sometimes I feel like Hank Snow....I've been everywhere.... Lot of time on the Gulf Coast, some time in the Houston area, some time in East Texas, and I like to go out to Big Bend to stretch my legs.

I'm down for any kind of range I can get my hands on....preferably cheap...that's my middle name. :) Pistols are my main bag, but I'm starting to tinker with some longer range stuff. 100yard range is great for plinking and kicking an AR around, but I have a feeling in the next couple of years I'm going to be going after some elk.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Do you know where abouts Orlando you are going to live, North Side, South side, or some of the many cities that surround it??

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome aboard. Fl's term is Florida Weapons and Firearms License. FL Statutes Chapter 790 contains most of the revelant info but not all. If you have a CC Permit from a State FL recognizes (790.015 applies) once you establish FL Residency your "old" CC Permit expires in 90 days. FWFL fall under the Fl Dept of Ag. Turnaround time for new FWFL via Mail 40-55 days if it goes smooth. If you can get an appointment at an appropriate Ag Office (covid?), they do the Pic/Prints, check training/DD214 and screen the entire Application so there's less chance of an administrative kickback.

I hope your transition is smooth.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not a big indoor range person, But 2 ranges kinda near where you are..

Not a member of either of these, but I looked into them recently.

Chuluota Sportsman Club Orlando, ..

A real nice friendly place, I walked into the the range twice, and these guys are very very friendly, The range is kind of small with 100 yards as the longest range. But I would think of this as a nice pistol range. There were people shooting long guns. Look them up and see. The people there were real nice.

Another place I looked into

Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club, I never got into the place to really look at it.

Seems like one hell of a range going out to 300 yards. But they do seem to have a lot of rules, about 30 pages. But it does seem to have a lot of activities. And there is a big 2 hour test you must take to get in..

So if you find some indoor ranges share them, There are alot of other ranges, but they seem to be farther away or I do not know them.

Top Bottom