• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Weatherby had always been synonymous with quality growing up (East Anchorage High Scool). My 1st hunting rifle was a franken-scout I built from a S.M.L.E. Ishapore #7 jungle carbine from shotgun news. I was constantly ridiculed (forward mounted reddot) until my 1st deer hunt, a 125yd running shot brought home the meat! Soon after I ponied up and purchased my 1st new Howa. Lots of deer taken with it, but in survival mode it was sold. About 8 years ago I picked up a used Axiom 20" 308. I never hunted it, loved the idea of that stock, but read all the hate it got for being flimsy. Bought another new Houge 16" heavy threaded barrel. Planning to combine them into my desired configuration. So after axioms were discontinued, all the fore ends showed up on ebay, cheap. I picked one up, milled a triangle aluminum strut that I epoxied into the fore end. Devcon bedded the action & a PT&G bottom metal. While trying to remove the axiom stock, I learned (finally) it had been RED locktighted, I twisted the pistol grip off, breaking the recoil block. That was over a year ago. Reached out to Blackhawk, Knoxx, Optic planet, forums all to no avail. Finally found & bought one off eBay for a Rem 700, won't matter as all I need is the back half. I'm stoked to finally complete this. So why so intent on the axiom? Light weight (I only added 1#) adjustable LOP, recoil reduction. I want my grandkids comfortable shooting it. Also, while I was at it I stiffened the Hogue fore end & bedded it as well with the 20" action, still needs glass. Anyway my stock should be here tomorrow, I'll share some pics ASAP!

Top Bottom