• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes Sir, my point exactly. Just because a law is passed does not mean it is constitutional, although it certainly should be. Some will say that unconsitutional laws should be ignored. Can't argue against that. Problem (crime?) is, once a law hits the books, it is expected/required that it be enforced. Right or wrong, that continues unabated until a court stops it, if ever. The NAF you site being just one of many examples as it is without question, IMO, at the least undeniable infringement.
    Sometime a bad law that is made constitutional is unenforceable. I am thinking of the Volkstead act.
    In January 1919, the 18th amendment achieved the necessary two-thirds majority of state ratification, and prohibition became the law of the land. The Volstead Act, passed nine months later, provided for the enforcement of prohibition, including the creation of a special unit of the Treasury Department.
    Then it was repealed because in part it was unenforceable.
    The 21st Amendment, ratified in December 1933, repealed the 18th and brought back alcohol.
    If the democrats pack the court, firearms laws will be 'made' constitutional.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Sometime a bad law that is made constitutional is unenforceable. I am thinking of the Volkstead act.

And this is a good example of if it cuts deep enough into uncle sugars wallet it won't last. Also a very good example of civil disobedience.

Luked1964

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perhaps your gun smith can weld on a CAR type flash hider to get to the 16 inch length.

Normally I would just remove the brace if that is still remains legal with any new laws.

I still think the ADA still applies and that was reason the ATF was forced by lawyer I think from SIG to allow braces. So they obviously can not outlaw all braces and maybe not be able to outlaw any of them.

View attachment 115335
    Lmao crazy part is if you tig welded it on it would be a single piece barrel

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Cant you just switch out the upper or am I missing something?

If you simply switch out an upper on an AR pistol, then it's still a pistol. It just has a different upper on it.

To make it a rifle, you add a stock. Period.

If the upper on it when you added the stock had a barrel 16" or longer, no big deal.

If you happened to have an upper on it with a barrel shorter than 16" when you added that stock, then you just made a "short-barreled" rifle (SBR).

If not a registered lower with a tax stamp and appropriate engravings for an SBR, then BATFECES ninjas will drop from the ceiling, shoot your dog, burn your house down, pose for photos over your ashes, and then circle-jerk each other to see who can get nominated as future director of the "AFT".

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Why convert? Just buy a rifle or carbine and keep the pistol!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

And that's the problem nothing should be "made" constitutional. It either is, or isn't. Interpreting and re-interpreting until you get what you want is nine times out of ten not constitutional either. That's exactly how we got the unconstitutional infringements we live with today, and those who where sworn to oppose such actions either helped them into being, or stood by and did nothing. As to the citizenry, they did the same.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom