How much is a NIB Glock 19X worth? Are they unique or just another Glock at this point?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I heard that the only reason Glock didnt get the contract and Sig did is because the contract was for more than just the guns. It was for supplying all the ammo, too, and Sig went and bought their own ammo factory to be able to supply ammo damn near at the cost to produce, and so Glock couldn't come close to matching Sig's bid. I heard that everybody in the UN recognized that Glock was better for the supply chain, too, because Glock is already in the hands of most everybody that matters all across the world. And like 10 years ago I got it straight from the horse's mouth that Glock beat Beretta in military trials way back in 1986 or whatever at the first M9 competition to determine which pistol would become the American M9, from an armorer who was there at the trials, but that Glock was so new on the market and so wildly different at the time and so not able to become American made immediately that the superior Glock pistol got passed over. We should have been getting issued Glocks this whole time, for the last 30+ years, but for bad politics and politicians being cheap we all got screwed

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m not sure how Glock expected to win the contract seeing as how it didn’t actually meet the contract requirements.
    The army was looking for a modular handgun that could change size or caliber. (personally I always thought it was BS that the army didn’t decide which caliber to use before testing weapons, but it was obvious to me they wrote the contract with the p320 in mind, same as the last FBI contract.)

The 19x isn’t modular in size or caliber. it didn’t meet the contract requirements.

now I think the FBI did it right when Glock offered them gen 5’s without finger grooves and polygonal barrels(Apprently their two big sticking points), and saved a bunch of money on tests and subsequent lawsuits. I kinda wish the army had taken beretta up on their offer of m9a3’s at the same price, or as one General proposed just expand existing contracts for Glock. Either would have resulted in far less circus acts and at least one lawsuit. (which the marines and navy both already had smaller contracts with Glock and could have followed suit).

as far as the xm9 trials, since double action first shot was a requirement-again, glocks didn’t meet the contract requirement. Nevermind that the whole trial was a spin-off of Air Force trials(completed before glocks were introduced), who had already adopted the beretta 92. Which, I always found it interesting both the m16 and m9 were essentially chosen by the air force, and then later adopted by the other branches, but anyways.

and really, at the end of the day, and maybe my bias is showing, but I always thought the marines did it extra right by not wasting time and money on offensive handgun/joint service/spec ops/modular handgun pony shows and instead found backdoor adoption of the hk416(SAW supplement), and experiments with mass issuing of suppressors. I feel both of those endeavors paid better dividends to the average shithead grunt and his/her ability to make it home for Mother’s Day than a peanut butter pistol with a lighter trigger that can shoot a 40 despite all services sticking to 9mm(probably until phased plasma gets adopted).

but all of that is aside the point of the original topic: I don’t personally see the 19x as anything special, especially since they’re still being rolled off the assembly line vs limited run.
    But I can’t see collector value in any Glock due to mass production and wider circulation. That’s jmo though, I also think it’s bonkers to fork out 45000$ on a Toyota Tacoma, so I know I’m the minority opinion.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    The 19X is modular, just takes more work to swap calibers
    I’m not sure how Glock expected to win the contract seeing as how it didn’t actually meet the contract requirements.
    The army was looking for a modular handgun that could change size or caliber. (personally I always thought it was BS that the army didn’t decide which caliber to use before testing weapons, but it was obvious to me they wrote the contract with the p320 in mind, same as the last FBI contract.)

The 19x isn’t modular in size or caliber. it didn’t meet the contract requirements.

now I think the FBI did it right when Glock offered them gen 5’s without finger grooves and polygonal barrels(Apprently their two big sticking points), and saved a bunch of money on tests and subsequent lawsuits. I kinda wish the army had taken beretta up on their offer of m9a3’s at the same price, or as one General proposed just expand existing contracts for Glock. Either would have resulted in far less circus acts and at least one lawsuit. (which the marines and navy both already had smaller contracts with Glock and could have followed suit).

as far as the xm9 trials, since double action first shot was a requirement-again, glocks didn’t meet the contract requirement. Nevermind that the whole trial was a spin-off of Air Force trials(completed before glocks were introduced), who had already adopted the beretta 92. Which, I always found it interesting both the m16 and m9 were essentially chosen by the air force, and then later adopted by the other branches, but anyways.

and really, at the end of the day, and maybe my bias is showing, but I always thought the marines did it extra right by not wasting time and money on offensive handgun/joint service/spec ops/modular handgun pony shows and instead found backdoor adoption of the hk416(SAW supplement), and experiments with mass issuing of suppressors. I feel both of those endeavors paid better dividends to the average shithead grunt and his/her ability to make it home for Mother’s Day than a peanut butter pistol with a lighter trigger that can shoot a 40 despite all services sticking to 9mm(probably until phased plasma gets adopted).

but all of that is aside the point of the original topic: I don’t personally see the 19x as anything special, especially since they’re still being rolled off the assembly line vs limited run.
    But I can’t see collector value in any Glock due to mass production and wider circulation. That’s jmo though, I also think it’s bonkers to fork out 45000$ on a Toyota Tacoma, so I know I’m the minority opinion.

Top Bottom