• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I would save your back, it's hard to fend off attackers with a bad back. I would just start piling the bodies up. With 2000 bodies, you can have a defensive wall that makes a statement.

Untitled.png

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shine and bullets would be great. Could pay alchys to guard everything with shine. All the while collecting food and water from folks for ammunition. You would have to have some die hard alcoholics tho. Quite literally
    Ya know until the Chinese came to "help "

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Shine and bullets would be great. Could pay alchys to guard everything with shine. All the while collecting food and water from folks for ammunition. You would have to have some die hard alcoholics tho. Quite literally
    Ya know until the Chinese came to "help "
    Or the pretty blue helmets...

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    generally you will not live to fire all your rounds, just by sheer #s you will be killed, holed up where your ammo is? I will just burn you out instead of getting shot at.
    Don't you have to be within shooting range to set the fire?

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    In your clarified scenario above, with that many threats, you should be scavenging supplies/weapons/ammo off the deadies.
    Regardless, you should be thinking about having some like-minded friends. An unlimited ammo supply won't do a single-shooter much good against unknown-and-growing numbers of threats who are determined to overrun.

MadMax Thunderdome Walking Dead zombpocalypse:
    One shot to their CNS. Scavenge all usable supplies/gear. Graphically mutilate and impale the entire carcass on a stick/pole/treestump as a warning to any others. Have friends. Conceal your numbers. Cover each other.

That should help you last a couple weeks...
    You forgot democrat voting fraud to take over government. Now that's scary.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im sure this topic might have been covered in the past but lets break it down in number of days you want to stay alive in YOUR scenario.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Im not the best shot these days so Im giving myself 5rd per target to eliminate it.
    Im guessing an average person has maybe 10,000 mixed rounds, enough to kill at least 2,000 if your a bad shot at 5rd per bad guy.
    In my SHTF scenario I defend my house and property and against 8 people a day.
    I have 250 days worth of ammo and a bad back from digging 2000 holes in my yard.

Is that 10,000 enough to last till things turn back to normal? How many rounds per bad guy are you giving yourself and how many days are you going to stay alive?

And where are people going to stack all these bodies?
    All I can picture is the walking dead after reading this!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For actual combat, several hundred rounds. With semiauto or manually operated weapons, if you are get into enough gun battles to need 1,000's of rounds, you will be unlikely to survive. Real life is not like the movies where the good guys do not die so much. I like extra ammo for training.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About that burying bodies, nothing says No Trespassing like a few bodies piled up in the street.
    You must hang or other wise display them. Bodies do they sink. Heads on pikes are not quite as smelly.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you cannot cover 360* all at once and they can lob in firebombs from behind anything, like a SWAT truck
    There is at least one well know case of the federal police setting the house on fire of a barricaded tax resister that had killed an officer.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im sure this topic might have been covered in the past but lets break it down in number of days you want to stay alive in YOUR scenario.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Im not the best shot these days so Im giving myself 5rd per target to eliminate it.
    Im guessing an average person has maybe 10,000 mixed rounds, enough to kill at least 2,000 if your a bad shot at 5rd per bad guy.
    In my SHTF scenario I defend my house and property and against 8 people a day.
    I have 250 days worth of ammo and a bad back from digging 2000 holes in my yard.

Is that 10,000 enough to last till things turn back to normal? How many rounds per bad guy are you giving yourself and how many days are you going to stay alive?

And where are people going to stack all these bodies?

So the actual number of rounds per KIA in Nam was a little over 35, so perhaps you are seven times better than Government Troops or you imagining that you are 7 times better trained and skilled than a Nam Vet. Or perhaps you need to rethink how many rounds you are actually going to expend? But remember that once the 3 to 1 ratio of a common overrun attack is exceeded, your life expectance is measured in Nanoseconds. How many rounds per nanosecond can you expend? Or place "ON TARGET" ?

Now how many rounds can you place "On Target" outside the 300 yard Kill Zone?

BamaFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All that ammo won't stand a chance against The Angry Biden Supporter packing a Tony Hawk Skateboard

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So the actual number of rounds per KIA in Nam was a little over 35, so perhaps you are seven times better than Government Troops or you imagining that you are 7 times better trained and skilled than a Nam Vet. Or perhaps you need to rethink how many rounds you are actually going to expend? But remember that once the 3 to 1 ratio of a common overrun attack is exceeded, your life expectance is measured in Nanoseconds. How many rounds per nanosecond can you expend? Or place "ON TARGET" ?

Now how many rounds can you place "On Target" outside the 300 yard Kill Zone?
    300 yards. This is northwest florida. True there are 300 yard distances in some places. but from my house, about 200 yards is the max distance that a shot at something visible is possible unless I climb a tall pine or get on my roof top. I am planing to sight in my guns accordingly.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

7 mags of 5.56 is the common load for inside the 300 yard "Kill Zone". 100 Rounds of 7.62 x 51 mm is the common load for outside the "300 Yard Kill Zone". 35:1 Ratio is the "Battlefield Results" for 5.56 within the 300 yard "Kill Zone", 1.5:1 is the actual results for 7.62 x 51 mm generally outside the 300 yard "Kill Zone". How many 30 round mags of 5.56 do you need for 50 EKIA's with a 5.56 vice a 7.62 NATO?

Since we are just talking about "Battlefield Loads" let's just be honest...............

Pick your Battlefield or succumb to your shortsightedness.......

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Id plan on every target getting 3 rounds or more. Load accordingly. If my bride is shooting, she's a southern conservative expect 5-10 shots.
    Always suit your tactics to the issues. If there are multiple attackers make a hit and go to the next. If possible come back to do what is needed.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    300 yards. This is northwest florida. True there are 300 yard distances in some places. but from my house, about 200 yards is the max distance that a shot at something visible is possible unless I climb a tall pine or get on my roof top. I am planing to sight in my guns accordingly.

So once I set the fire that removes all your concealment than isn't part of the cover fire you are totally screwed. I'm supposed to be some sort of Chivalrous Gentleman during an "Act of War"? Your preplanned failures are part of my tactics when it comes to making it Home. Use General Sherman's Tactics, scorch the earth prior to the attach and then reassess your plan. After all the foliage is removed, what range can I eliminate your forces at???

Latest posts

Top Bottom