How many Revolvers does it take before you have to admit your Old?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not quite as reinforcing as a TC Contender Single Shot Pistol, but probably a lot less than Double Stacked 9mm Long Mag..................
    But how do you explain the the gratifying "Thump in your hand" when a Magnum Round (.357/.44 or larger) heads Downrange?????

I go with the THUMP of 10m and .45-SUPER...
    10mm.jpg

And I just turned 52 ;)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    No rail on a revo for a light to ID your target before you shoot. Another pitfall lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a J frame with a weapon light on it. It'll fit every J frame I've ever seen. And with the light it'll ride in every one of my holsters for it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-005614_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      Screenshot_20200927-005614_Amazon Shopping.jpg
      98.6 KB · Views: 115

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Grip activated, bright, out of the way of the cylinder gap and illuminates the front sight, too.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How does that effect your times on a Combat Round youngman?

less than the kick from a .357 or.44 magnum used to, that's for sure ;)
    Semi-auto makes recoil far more manageable than in a revolver...
    Although I'd love to get my hands on a Wildey to give a truly fair comparison.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny how Dirty Harry actually had light Hollywood cartridges yet played up the "extreme recoil" to support the "Most powerful handgun in tbe World". Pretty slow follow up shots depicted even when he used the bad cops .357 after the range Match.

Death Wish vigilante played by Charles Bronson, use his personally owned Wildey in the movie (DW3) so he knew the true recoil for the Scenes where he shot it. Maybe the adjustable gas system was set for light loads and fired with high pressure blanks?

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny how Dirty Harry actually had light Hollywood cartridges yet played up the "extreme recoil" to support the "Most powerful handgun in tbe World". Pretty slow follow up shots depicted even when he used the bad cops .357 after the range Match.

Death Wish vigilante played by Charles Bronson, use his personally owned Wildey in the movie (DW3) so he knew the true recoil for the Scenes where he shot it. Maybe the adjustable gas system was set for light loads and fired with high pressure blanks?
    Perhaps the time span between muzzle flash and night vision recovery is greater than the timespan required for muscle memory recovery. Now the SNS effects of a .44 Mag Sidearm within an enclosed room are not those of a flashbang or high powered rifle round, the recovery time while under clock management is still greater than lower volume influences. JMHO.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do
    Perhaps the time span between muzzle flash and night vision recovery is greater than the timespan required for muscle memory recovery. Now the SNS effects of a .44 Mag Sidearm within an enclosed room are not those of a flashbang or high powered rifle round, the recovery time while under clock management is still greater than lower volume influences. JMHO.
    I don't think Harry's recoil theatrics changed with ambient light or confined space but its just for entertainment. Harry actually stated in one of the movies that he used a lighter load for better control, yet muzzle rise is always shown going more than 45°. The .44 Spl and .44 Russian are actually quite plesant.
    I never noticed .44 mag muzzle flash as the shooter but didn't play after dark. Lol.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do

I don't think Harry's recoil theatrics changed with ambient light or confined space but its just for entertainment. Harry actually stated in one of the movies that he used a lighter load for better control, yet muzzle rise is always shown going more than 45°. The .44 Spl and .44 Russian are actually quite plesant.
    I never noticed .44 mag muzzle flash as the shooter but didn't play after dark. Lol.

Wish I could remember off the top of my head which DH Movie it was where Harry was chasing a suspect in an abandoned mine under a sluice? But you get to see all the dust fly when Harry takes a shot from underneath that roof. LOL.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So perhaps your getting Old when you purchase a new S&W L-Frame .44 Mag Revolver, and everyone in your rolodex that has ever hand crafted a wooden revolver grip to match your hand has Gone Out of Business?

So what other "Old Guys" still have a contact that can make a Zebra Wood or Goncalo Alves custom grip for a new L-Frame S&W .44 Mag to match a drawing/tracing of my hand???????

Rolodex, Guess that's the Old School Card!

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not partial to all the finger groove stuff, and am happy with the plain wood grips I got from Altamont for my 629. Needed something that didn't cover the back strap to get my reach to the trigger right and these worked great. Check 'em out, they have plenty of options, and might do custom work(?).

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been modding my .45-acps up to work with .45-Super lately.
    All ya need is a heavier recoil spring ;)
    I went with 30#'s on the Star M45's, because you have to cut it down a bit...
    1911-ish got a 24#'r
    Megastar's get their standard.22#

All have 23# mainsprings now. I find the 25's give the occasional pierced primer.

Ever since I got turned on to .45-Super...just WOW :)
    It's definitely a Happy Place kinda round.
    If ya like 10-mm, but want something you have to reload because its
    unobtanium unless ordered straight from Buffalo Bore...45-Super is your
    huckleberry. The BOOM is like a good bass line...gives good vibrations!

Which remind me, I should pull 'em all out at once and do a Photo :)

fla kid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've been modding my .45-acps up to work with .45-Super lately.
    All ya need is a heavier recoil spring ;)
    I went with 30#'s on the Star M45's, because you have to cut it down a bit...
    1911-ish got a 24#'r
    Megastar's get their standard.22#

All have 23# mainsprings now. I find the 25's give the occasional pierced primer.

Ever since I got turned on to .45-Super...just WOW :)
    It's definitely a Happy Place kinda round.
    If ya like 10-mm, but want something you have to reload because its
    unobtanium unless ordered straight from Buffalo Bore...45-Super is your
    huckleberry. The BOOM is like a good bass line...gives good vibrations!

Which remind me, I should pull 'em all out at once and do a Photo :)
    you should try 400 cor bon

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you should try 400 cor bon

Nah, the beauty of going from .45acp to .45super is it's really just two springs.
    and if the pistol is already set up for 'em like the Megastar, not even those!
    No rechambering, the same dies work for reloading...it's a Win Win!

Altho why they didn't call it .45-MAGNUM instead of Super is beyond me.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About that semiautomatic vice revolver mechanical strength? Did anyone notice how many fractured frames exist on 1911's???????

Top Bottom