• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Trying to get a feel for how many people on here reload their own shotgun shells. I just bought a huge lot of shotgun loading stuff, machines, wads and some hulls. This is in addition to the lot that I have posted. I am kicking around the idea of getting a table at the Fort Walton Beach gun show and trying to sell some of it but not sure there are enough people that reload shotgun shells to pay for the tables. What are your thoughts?

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got a MEC 12 GA loader sitting here that I've never used. I have everything to load up some shells. I have everything from buck shot lead to bird shot. Even have a tiny bit of TSS sitting around. It was all destined to be loaded up and well, it's sitting here. One day, maybe I'll get around to loading up some shells.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    I have loaded shotgun shells for 40+ years. For a while there it was cheaper to buy 12 and 20 gauge then to reload. Not so much now. Components are getting pricey, but always in demand.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I will probably write up another for sale post and put the stuff on here. My garage looks like a shotgun loading store threw up in there. The last lot I bought I got over 25k wads.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I used to load 12 and 28 When I was shooting 300 plus clay birds weekly. I don’t shoot that much anymore. Sold my 12 ga press and gave the 28 ga press to my brother. I had Hornady progressive presses. They would load 100 rounds in 10 to 15 minutes. components got expensive and hard to get. It’s better now from what I understand.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have just about quit getting a table a the shows. first is the cost of the table and cost of gas for two days meals, unless you want to go just to meet people , for a social time. table cost 80 to 100 then gas meals add it up.. I would rather cut the price and sale it on the form. and go to range are work on something at home. load ammo to go to the range. Just my 5 cents jj you will probably get more this way. and meet some nice form members.. just list it with some good pict.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    I will probably write up another for sale post and put the stuff on here. My garage looks like a shotgun loading store threw up in there. The last lot I bought I got over 25k wads.
    Wads are readily available. The long pole in the tent of reloading will be primers and powder. Shot is expensive but available. The only hulls that are in any way scarce are the small gauges. IMHO

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I used to load 12 and 28 When I was shooting 300 plus clay birds weekly. I don’t shoot that much anymore. Sold my 12 ga press and gave the 28 ga press to my brother. I had Hornady progressive presses. They would load 100 rounds in 10 to 15 minutes. components got expensive and hard to get. It’s better now from what I understand.

Except primers, they are scarce as hen's teeth.

If you don't have components on hand that were purchased 8-10 years ago, buying them is not much cheaper than buying ammo.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I think the problem is finding ammo or components. If you watch the larger suppliers of shotgun components they have been getting primers pretty regularly. I got 5k from BPI last week. I will work on sorting stuff out and getting some pics to do a listing today. Got 410 and 28 ga wads if anyone is looking.

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think the problem is finding ammo or components. If you watch the larger suppliers of shotgun components they have been getting primers pretty regularly. I got 5k from BPI last week. I will work on sorting stuff out and getting some pics to do a listing today. Got 410 and 28 ga wads if anyone is looking.

The Bass Pro Shop near me has some type of shotgun most every time I go by. Best day of the week to go is Tuesday.

I check BPI frequently, but have yet to have my numbers line up on the Cheddite slot machine.

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For many years I shot trap, skeet, and later on mostly International skeet and used a MEC hydraulic to keep up with my weekly shooting. When the cost and availability of shot and primers got to ridiculous levels I sold the press.

Gads, I miss Int skeet.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Last edited:
    Reactions: FLT

RMS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would be interested in buying shotshell components.
    Got back into clay target shooting recently after many years.
    Reloading isn’t worth it as much as it used to unless you already have loaders and some components from the past, which is my situation.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I sold my MEC for loading 20s...wish I had one for 28 just a little. I'm down to just the 9000 for 12s. I have hulls, maybe 20# or so of powder, a few bags of shot, 4 or 5 bags of wads..1oz and 1 1/8oz and primers are down to a few K of Win and Fed both. I haven't shot a flat a week in a while....more like a flat in 6 mo if that. With time the way it is lately it is just easier to pick a flat up when I need it. I still think I have a few boxes of 28 AAs #8 I used to pick up at Wally World for $7.99 every time they got them in.

My main shooting buddy and I sat down and loaded a 5gal bucket out of his stock a year or so ago and didn't even shoot those up

Latest posts

Top Bottom