• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Hey SeanPcola...

Thanks for the help.....What do you think about the Creighton Walmart location ???

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Hey SeanPcola...

Thanks for the help.....What do you think about the Creighton Walmart location ???

I live by there I think it would be okay. Heavily populated, always has a police officer there, cameras everywhere to.

Seanpcola

3rdDown, I don't think I said much different than anyone else here but you're welcome.

I'm not so sure I trust the Creighton Walmart area either.. That pains me greatly because that was my stomping grounds growing up. You have to look at the clientele. Pace seems to have mostly good people, Creighton is turning thug and I don't even have a proper name for the Mobile Hwy. bunch. I was told by an ECSO deputy that the Mobile Hwy. location has crime statistics through the roof.

One of the reasons I like this site is that if I do have a firearm to sell or want to buy it usually goes quickly to one of the regulars. I'm just more comfortable doing it that way. My gun budget is set aside so that I never have to sell something in a hurry or if I want something I don't need it fast. I guess what I'm saying is that if you do have a gun for sale and you price it reasonably someone here will pop up and take it. As to buying one, if a member doesn't have what I want or doesn't want to sell we've got awesome dealers here that I know do their best to sell as low as possible.

Guess what I'm saying is no reason to do transactions with someone iffy or even strangers. I'll throw something on here and let it sit till its gone. I had a guy PM me really wanting something I had sold a year earlier and forgot to close the thread. I also had something I completely forgot I posted for sale and someone 6 months later grabbed it.

If someone is trying to sell something fast and at a deep discount my alarm bells go off. That doesn't mean a regular on here that has to dump a gun in a hurry due to financial hardship or they're trying to generate cash fast to buy a different gun. I'm talking about someone completely unknown popping up out of the blue and being pushy. On the flip side if I have a gun for sale and someone on here I don't know says I'll take it and we make arrangements for a meeting time and he tries to push the schedule to RIGHT NOW then I'm backing out. Most of us work or have other commitments. If you contact me on Tuesday and I say I can't meet till the weekend and you come back with I have to do this right now it had better be a damn good reason, most likely I won't sell to you.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Hey SeanPcola...

Academy is also right around the corner only about 2 miles from Walmart. Seems a little more at ease there. A lot less... well I hate stereo typing but "thugs". I call it how I see it. Not to take away from your post Sean just putting more options out there :)

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Seanpcola....

The main reason I am looking for input on this is that I traded everything I will be listing off a while back and now took it back in trade on something...I want to sell all this in " 1 Bulk Sale "........5k CCI Mini Mags & 1 Brand New Never shot Ruger 10/22 stainless.....Just did not want to have to deal with a dozen folks and was in hope that someone is looking for a bulk buy to avoid running around crazy looking and standing in lines.....I think my price will be reasonable and a good bit under most other prices even if you could find CCI's.......

I hope I have not broken any rules of this forum by mentioning what I am selling....If so, please advise....I am still learning...

Thanks

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Hey Brandon_ SPC...

Thanks for your help and input....I live around the Tippin Post Office area is the reason I mentioned that Walmart...But Spaced out and forgot about Academy !!! You are probably right ...Wonder if Academy has outside cameras ?

I would truly like to meet some folks on this forum....just need to plan to attend any meetings/get togethers ya'll plan....or maybe just meet a couple of you guys for lunch at Grovers or some place....I'm buying......but I will need to get one of you guys to loan me Some money !!!

Thanks

Seanpcola

Heck Brandon, I haven't thought about Academy, that sounds good.

3rd, just put it in "Firearms for sale" and make it all or nothing. I don't think you broke any rules just discussing it but you would need to do a proper ad down there.

I may have misdirected your thread, I thought you were talking about the sales situation, not how to post an ad.

Heck, I would possibly be interested in what you have but don't want to underCut a sale doing it the wrong way. Put it up down in the sales forum and I'll PM you about the deal.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Seanpcola...

Meant to ask....since you said that you grew up in the area .....Did you know any of the " Bailey " families or " Woody " family ?

Seanpcola

Yep, if you're talking about Bailey, from the farmers market crowd?

As for Woody, I knew Shannon Woody but I thought her family lived closer to the old Ellison Field. How old are you, maybe we know each other?:second:

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Seanpcola.....

I will get some pics...though most folks don't need them...and list it all in the For sale section.....No, you were right in your thinking...I was looking for input on how to handle sales since I am a newbie and have never sold off of a forum....And I knew that there were people like yourself that knew the ropes and could save me a possible headache with your wisdom...

Thanks..

Seanpcola

It's usually best to post a photo. It generates more interest and some guys get concerned when the don't see a photo and shy away. I haven't done much buying and selling here but I have hundreds of transactions on another forum (not guns). Often times on that forum we've dealt with scammers that didn't actually have what they were selling, just hit and run money grabs. It's not that we don't all know what an XXX pistol or a box of ammo looks like, it makes it more personal and kind of confirms you actually do have that item. Not saying that YOU aren't honest, I'm saying that in this day and age when we all have cameras on phones, tablets and other devices it's just simple to post a photo. A bad picture is better than nothing, a good one is best so guys can make out details like what barrel it has, grips and such. Also, stock photos from a retail or mfr. site doesn't work well either.

3rdown110yds2go

Marksman
    Seanpcola......

The Baileys I am still friends with were the Larry Bailey family....He dealt in Antiques and refinishing ...lived down around Lansing off Tippin...He past a few years back...But there are still the Bailey family in the area.. The Woody family had a daughter named....hold on.....nope Brain Flatulence has set in !!!

I just turned 64......where did all the time go !!! And you are right....I bet I have already met several of you guys and just did not know who I was meeting !!!

I have met and known "Trader Dan "....seems like a really nice guy....and 1 other guy named Capt something at the ammo counter at of all places the mobile highway walmart !!! I heard that location has set a new policy....they give you some ammo just so you can safely get back to your car !!!

Thanks.....Anybody want to meet at Grovers for a Burger ???

Seanpcola

I wonder if Larry Bailey is Beetle Bailey from High School? I don't think I ever knew his real first name but he lived right about where you're saying.

When you get time PM me and we'll see who all we know in common, I bet we do and may even know each other if you've lived there a long time.

I don't know about that Trader Dan dude.:behindsofa:

Just kidding, he's awesome and we did a deal just this week. And I even let him in my house. . :der:

Sure, may be a week or two but I'm all about Grovers. I could use a plate of their shrooms right now!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom