• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    New HK mp5 22 pistol
    It's made by Walther/umarex under license.
    I ordered the brace when I ordered the gun, couldn't wait. It doesn't fit. Ordered an airsoft stock. Doesn't fit. Call HK and this is a completely new design and there isn't anything available (yet)

I knew I could make it fit and did after 3 hours with a Dremel, chisel and file.
    Problem is even the pin hole was off.
    Had a buddy weld it up for me now I've got it filed down ready to drill the hole. Only issue is where do I start? Got one shot to be perfect or back to the welder.

The factory plastic end cap is thinner than the aluminum, making the plastic cap deeper. Can't measure there. The floor of the 2 is also a different thickness so can't measure there. Being the aluminum thickness goes forward towards the gun, the brace does not slide on the gun as far as the factory plastic cap. I just don't know anywhere to get a measure from

Attachments

• IMG_20211213_092538258.jpg
      IMG_20211213_092538258.jpg
      2.7 MB · Views: 102
    • IMG_20211213_095118424.jpg
      IMG_20211213_095118424.jpg
      3.4 MB · Views: 151

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If I was you. I'd whittle down a wood price till it fit snug in the hole. Then measure the wood. Make a center mark on the wood. Drill the wood out in center. Then put the wood back in and use it as a jig to make a center hole and guide the drill into the metal

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    If I was you. I'd whittle down a wood price till it fit snug in the hole. Then measure the wood. Make a center mark on the wood. Drill the wood out in center. Then put the wood back in and use it as a jig to make a center hole and guide the drill into the metal

This is a good idea but the interior deminsions of the plastic cap and aluminum adapter are not the same. Still leaves me guessing where my hole should be

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm not exactly sure where you want to drill but it sounds like you need to place the part with the current hole in a vise probably mounted on a Bridgeport type mill. Make the drill bit pass thru the current hole, withdraw the bit and install the new part. Drill hole thru new part.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I'm not exactly sure where you want to drill but it sounds like you need to place the part with the current hole in a vise probably mounted on a Bridgeport type mill. Make the drill bit pass thru the current hole, withdraw the bit and install the new part. Drill hole thru new part.
    What he said

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah. What he said maybe. I was thought ya meant the other hole. I see now. But yeah basically u need it to space on this area correctly right. May need to start a tiny hole and walk it kinda left or right as ya open it up to index it right somehow
    326a5a163c5ff72b5f657f904764c2d7.jpg

44Ruger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This could be done on a regular drill press too if you can clamp the vise to the table and line part up with the drill bit good.

You don't even need a vise if you can clamp the part to the table somehow.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Maybe just lay a small square of plastic or wood paneling or anything that's somewhat rigid and about 1 inch in square size onto the area I sent a photo of. Then butt it against the rear of the grip and run a drill bit of the size that fits thru that pinhole. Then take that same wood piece and butt it against the front edge that would also make contact to the grip and use it to transfer a corresponding mark to the adapter. It should align it just right so long as you line it up the same.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Maybe just lay a small square of plastic or wood paneling or anything that's somewhat rigid and about 1 inch in square size onto the area I sent a photo of. Then butt it against the rear of the grip and run a drill bit of the size that fits thru that pinhole. Then take that same wood piece and butt it against the front edge that would also make contact to the grip and use it to transfer a corresponding mark to the adapter. It should align it just right so long as you line it up the same.

The plastic cap and aluminum adapter are not the same deminsions and sit on different spots of the gun. I really need a mill for this(I think)

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yes. I was referring to just the gun. And just the aluminum cap. If you make a template that indexes of the back of grip. That appears to be where the aluminum cap touches and stops. The distance I had marked in photo is basically the gap u need. Make a template.. paper will even work. Lay it against the back of the grip.. and punch a hole thru the hole with a bit or pen or whatever works. Then take that paper and lay it on the side of the cap. The side that touched the grip will now index against the left side of the cap. And should show ya right where the hole is needed. Assuming the cap slides fully against the grip

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I worked at Ingalls and did metal work alot. But we used simple thing like those methods to get the jobs done. The mill method they speak of may be best. I'm just unfamiliar with them. But make sure to spike a dimple on the metal before drilling with a punch so your drill don't walk off mark if ya use a template method. Or yeah take it to a shop to be milled. Good luck. Show us when done btw

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    The aluminum adapter does not butt up to the receiver. What makes it worse is it has a slight wobble, where the factory cap is tight. Wirh the brace adapter the upper and lower receivers are not completely joined without the pin. I'd feel safe firing a shot with the factory cap and no pin. It's nice and snug.

The things we try to do.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Well.. if all else fails. It appears as if u could pin the area behind the grip there with a flush fitting pin. Then simply slip the adapter completely over top of it. And it will entrap the pin. Then simply bore a set screw on the under side. And you're in business.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Mill and ball end mill or center drill so drill bit want walk and make bigger hole. that's all I'm going to say. just my 100 cents
    You have anything going on Wednesday? If you're interested. I have been thinking of attempting but I'm scared

Latest posts

Top Bottom